News:

Testimonial: "PD is the home of Pure Evil and All That Is Wrong With the Interwebz." - Queen of the Ryche, apparently in all seriousness

Main Menu

The aliens haven't contacted us because

Started by Trivial, February 05, 2019, 02:23:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The aliens haven't contacted us because:

We're made of meat
They have, they just talked to Roger first.
Have you met us?
We're the most advanced thing in the galaxy.
Space is like, really big.
Time is like, really long.
SHUT UP
There aren't any.

The Johnny

<<My image in some places, is of a monster of some kind who wants to pull a string and manipulate people. Nothing could be further from the truth. People are manipulated; I just want them to be manipulated more effectively.>>

-B.F. Skinner

Doktor Howl

Molon Lube

Cain

Maybe the aliens are even dumber than us? Spaceships aside, I'm not so impressed.

"Yup, this is definitely a human anus. Just like the other two million we've probed. Remember when we used to mutiliate cattle? I mean, don't get me wrong, we had the DNA sequences from the start so it was equally pointless, but at least it was a change. Something different."

The Johnny

Quote from: Doktor Howl on March 03, 2019, 03:07:18 AM
Quote from: The Johnny on March 03, 2019, 02:23:25 AM
Quote from: Doktor Howl on February 06, 2019, 10:02:20 PM
Even on the rare occasion when humans TRY to make things better, they just fuck it up and everything becomes scum.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/travel/news/delta-has-apologised-after-handing-out-creepy-diet-coke-napkins-to-passengers-encouraging-them-to-give-their-number-to-their-plane-crush/ar-BBTfnk8?ocid=spartanntp

Wanna be my plane-crash-crush?  :kiss:

Well, YOU'RE a sight for sore eyes.  Where the hell have you been?

What matters is that i'm here to contact the hoomanz  :asshat:

But ok for real, i think it was 2014? So I finished my bachelors on Social Psychology, worked some years with literal psychotics, and im about done with my masters on psychoanalysis.

Sort of a FUN ride in all the wrong ways, but i cant complain.  :fnord:
<<My image in some places, is of a monster of some kind who wants to pull a string and manipulate people. Nothing could be further from the truth. People are manipulated; I just want them to be manipulated more effectively.>>

-B.F. Skinner

The Johnny

Quote from: Cain on March 03, 2019, 09:51:28 AM
Maybe the aliens are even dumber than us? Spaceships aside, I'm not so impressed.

"Yup, this is definitely a human anus. Just like the other two million we've probed. Remember when we used to mutiliate cattle? I mean, don't get me wrong, we had the DNA sequences from the start so it was equally pointless, but at least it was a change. Something different."

"Sure, 2 million is a good sampling, but how about another 2 million? 1,999,999 more to go!"

-B.F. Skinner

Doktor Howl

Quote from: The Johnny on March 03, 2019, 10:40:20 AM
Even on the rare occasion when humans TRY to make things better, they just fuck it up and everything becomes scum.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/travel/news/delta-has-apologised-after-handing-out-creepy-diet-coke-napkins-to-passengers-encouraging-them-to-give-their-number-to-their-plane-crush/ar-BBTfnk8?ocid=spartanntp

But ok for real, i think it was 2014? So I finished my bachelors on Social Psychology, worked some years with literal psychotics, and im about done with my masters on psychoanalysis.

That's fucking awesome.
Molon Lube

chaotic neutral observer

Johnny, stop trying to make contact with your food, and finish eating it.  Don't you want any dessert?
Desine fata deum flecti sperare precando.

altered

Quote from: Doktor Howl on March 03, 2019, 04:46:44 PM

That's fucking awesome.

Damn, it sure is.

Good to see you back, Johnny.
"I am that worst of all type of criminal...I cannot bring myself to do what you tell me, because you told me."

There's over 100 of us in this meat-suit. You'd think it runs like a ship, but it's more like a hundred and ten angry ghosts having an old-school QuakeWorld tournament, three people desperately trying to make sure the gamers don't go hungry or soil themselves, and the Facilities manager weeping in the corner as the garbage piles high.

The Johnny

Quote from: chaotic neutral observer on March 03, 2019, 05:09:58 PM

Johnny, stop trying to make contact with your food, and finish eating it.  Don't you want any dessert?

Fiiiiiine mom, but do we still have Soylent Green Jell-O?

-B.F. Skinner

Prelate Diogenes Shandor

Finding another inhabited planet, assuming there are any, would be like finding a particular needle in a haystack sized pile of mass-produced needles
Praise NHGH! For the tribulation of all sentient beings.

a plague on both your houses -Mercutio

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zrTGgpWmdZQ
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rVWd7nPjJH8

It is an unfortunate fact that every man who seeks to disseminate knowledge must contend not only against ignorance itself, but against false instruction as well. No sooner do we deem ourselves free from a particularly gross superstition, than we are confronted by some enemy to learning who would plunge us back into the darkness -H.P.Lovecraft

He who fights with monsters must take care lest he thereby become a monster -Nietzsche

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SHhrZgojY1Q

You are a fluke of the universe, and whether you can hear it of not the universe is laughing behind your back -Deteriorata

Don't use the email address in my profile, I lost the password years ago