News:

PD.COM:  Mindlessly hitting the refresh button for weeks on end.

Main Menu

Progressive or Postmodern Nazism

Started by Neutral Party, August 02, 2017, 08:16:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ben Shapiro

LMNO

Quote from: Neutral Party on August 03, 2017, 12:18:07 AM
I appreciate your consideration.

You are correct that I would benefit from
informing new aquaintances of the nature of my absurdity.

It is a form of satire inspired by
the absurd theater people are calling civilization.
"fight absurdity with absurdity" in a half-assed way
or full-assed... whatever the Goddess prefers.

My intention was only to have some fun.
Hopefully that can be added to The Book
under a section titled "the folly of the absurd".

The thing is, if you're looking to do satire in an Absurdist fashion with "neutrality", you really need to go there.  I mean, you gotta dig in and get really extreme about it.  Take it to the wall; break down the wall; keep going.  You need to be fucking unhinged about neutrality. 

The signal you're sending in the OP is, "It doesn't affect me, and I don't care."  That's not neutrality, that's callous indifference. 

Like, if you want to be neutral about Nazis as absurdist satire, you want to up the stakes and state your neutral position on genocide, and baby rape.

Sure, that would make you look like even more of an asshole than you already do, but at least you wouldn't be boring.

POFP

Quote from: LMNO on August 03, 2017, 01:19:03 PM

The thing is, if you're looking to do satire in an Absurdist fashion with "neutrality", you really need to go there.  I mean, you gotta dig in and get really extreme about it.  Take it to the wall; break down the wall; keep going.  You need to be fucking unhinged about neutrality.   

Like, if you want to be neutral about Nazis as absurdist satire, you want to up the stakes and state your neutral position on genocide, and baby rape.

:lulz:

A:"Alright everyone, we NEED to talk about the baby rape epidemic."

B:"What's there to talk about? Kill every baby rapist. It's wrong."

A:"I cannot believe how biased you're being right now. How are we supposed to have intellectual discussions if you're just going to jump on the first Morality bandwagon that comes through the station?"

B:"???"

A:" :roll: I bet you've got a stance on genocide, too."

Quote from: Neutral Party on August 03, 2017, 12:18:07 AM
I appreciate your consideration.

You are correct that I would benefit from
informing new aquaintances of the nature of my absurdity.

It is a form of satire inspired by
the absurd theater people are calling civilization.
"fight absurdity with absurdity" in a half-assed way
or full-assed... whatever the Goddess prefers.

My intention was only to have some fun.
Hopefully that can be added to The Book
under a section titled "the folly of the absurd".

We love fighting absurdity with absurdity. That is certainly in the spirit of Discordianism (Even though most of us here aren't "Real Discordians"). But as LMNO pointed out, you gotta go all the way. "Full-assed" in your words.

But even then, I'd pay attention to what your purpose is for the satire. If you look around in Operation: Mindfuck, for example, you might find some ideas and proposals for projects you might like that are intended to not only be hilarious, but also invoke some sort of change in a system. Whether it's exemplifying some Facebook Group's attitude about one topic in regard to another in order to get them to think about it differently, or even just mocking a group's attitude so well that observers rebel against that group. We love making a difference when we get the chance, especially if it means making somebody look dumb. Hilariously.

If you wanna satirize something on this board only, maybe to get us all to look at an issue a bit differently, that's great, too. Adding a new perspective to something we might already all be in agreement on (And we don't always agree on everything, believe me) can lead to pretty in-depth discussions around these parts, which may lead to epiphanies about other related/unrelated topics.
This Certified Pope™ reserves the Right to, on occasion, "be a complete dumbass", and otherwise ponder "idiotic" and/or "useless" ideas and other such "tomfoolery." [Aforementioned] are only responsible for the results of these actions and tendencies when they have had their addictive substance of choice for that day.

Being a Product of their Environment's Collective Order and Disorder, [Aforementioned] also reserves the Right to have their ideas, technologies, and otherwise all Intellectual Property stolen, re-purposed, and re-attributed at Will ONLY by other Certified Popes. Corporations, LLC's, and otherwise Capitalist-based organizations are NOT capable of being Certified Popes.

Battering Rams not included.

The Good Reverend Roger

" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

The Good Reverend Roger

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

Bu🤠ns

Bu🤠ns

okay okay you're right.

Hey new guy welcome!

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Bu☆ns on August 04, 2017, 12:28:21 AM
okay okay you're right.

Hey new guy welcome!

Was referring to the new guy.

Bu🤠ns

Cain

Teacher22

I have to agree with POpF
QuoteYou're telling me  :lulz:

The only reasons one remains neutral in a situation:

1.) They are a coward (In particular, afraid of being incorrect)
2.) They are unaffected by the outcome of a situation

In the case of Nazism and its ability to spread, you are 1.) Affected by the outcome and 2.) don't seem to hold a position due to insistence of "Neutrality."

This makes you an idiot, and this type of thing has been seen here before a million times. So yes, I agree. Human interaction isn't fun if it has already been done.

He is 100% right.