News:

There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.

Main Menu

Is anyone here an advocate for non-violence?

Started by IPunchNazis, August 19, 2017, 03:25:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

hooplala

My only genuine trepidation that if I start punching I may never stop.
"Soon all of us will have special names" — Professor Brian O'Blivion

"Now's not the time to get silly, so wear your big boots and jump on the garbage clowns." — Bob Dylan?

"Do I contradict myself?
Very well then I contradict myself,
(I am large, I contain multitudes.)"
— Walt Whitman

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Hoopla on November 06, 2017, 02:54:41 PM

But would you want to?
Molon Lube

Junkenstein

Quote from: Doktor Howl on November 06, 2017, 08:22:46 PM

But would you want to?

It's less a question of want than say, need.

For example, If I ever got hold of Adam Sandler I would never want to stop punching him in the face, but after my fists are a bloody pulp I will need to. To start kicking.

I have more graphic examples but they involve ben stiller and I suspect that they could be used against me as evidence at some point in the future. Let's just say it involves secretary birds, snakes and Frank Zappa.
Nine naked Men just walking down the road will cause a heap of trouble for all concerned.

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Junkenstein on November 07, 2017, 12:33:59 AM
Quote from: Doktor Howl on November 06, 2017, 08:22:46 PM

But would you want to?

It's less a question of want than say, need.

For example, If I ever got hold of Adam Sandler I would never want to stop punching him in the face, but after my fists are a bloody pulp I will need to. To start kicking.

I have more graphic examples but they involve ben stiller and I suspect that they could be used against me as evidence at some point in the future. Let's just say it involves secretary birds, snakes and Frank Zappa.

It's almost like You People have forgotten about the simple club.
Molon Lube

Junkenstein

On the contrary, simple things will work for most, but some people need creative examples made out of them.
Nine naked Men just walking down the road will cause a heap of trouble for all concerned.

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Junkenstein on November 09, 2017, 08:53:21 PM
On the contrary, simple things will work for most, but some people need creative examples made out of them.

With clubs.
Molon Lube

Doktor Howl

The club is proven technology.  It does exactly what it says on the box, and it has no moving parts or other failure points.  You apply the club until the problem is solved, and you leave the mess for the janitor.;

I don't see why people have to get all creative over basic technical problems.
Molon Lube

Don Coyote

Club, it's an elegant weapon from a less civilized age.

Junkenstein

I find this line of reasoning distasteful and tedious.

Let's be frank, we both know the technical and logistical benefits of the club. And Cosh. Or even the humble blackjack. That isn't the point with these kinds of cases. Hell, the romans didn't crucify every uppity jew, did they?. But sometimes, examples need to be made. Creative examples. Examples that let the rest of them know where the land lies and how shit is going to be. The club accomplishes this, yes, but it is literally a blunt tool. Special cases require special attention and methods.

And in these kinds of cases, where the holy name of comedy has been defiled beyond any kind of reasonable measure and sanity, I ask you: Is it not just that they should be staked upon the sands, covered in snakes that have been injected with meth and then introducing a flock of equally drugged secretary birds into the situation? Is there ever going to be a surer sign of the end of the worship of the redundant stupid times and full embrace on a societal level of the strange times?

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Junkenstein on November 09, 2017, 11:16:55 PM
I find this line of reasoning distasteful and tedious.

Let's be frank, we both know the technical and logistical benefits of the club. And Cosh. Or even the humble blackjack. That isn't the point with these kinds of cases. Hell, the romans didn't crucify every uppity jew, did they?. But sometimes, examples need to be made. Creative examples. Examples that let the rest of them know where the land lies and how shit is going to be. The club accomplishes this, yes, but it is literally a blunt tool. Special cases require special attention and methods.

And in these kinds of cases, where the holy name of comedy has been defiled beyond any kind of reasonable measure and sanity, I ask you: Is it not just that they should be staked upon the sands, covered in snakes that have been injected with meth and then introducing a flock of equally drugged secretary birds into the situation? Is there ever going to be a surer sign of the end of the worship of the redundant stupid times and full embrace on a societal level of the strange times?

The club is a social tool.  A community tool.  It helps us remain human in an increasingly technological world.  Had we stuck with the club as a means of behavior modification, this would be a far more pleasant world for you and I.

But that last paragraph, yeah, I can totally see that.
Molon Lube

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Don Coyote on November 09, 2017, 10:59:06 PM
Club, it's an elegant weapon from a less civilized age.

It is man's oldest tool for a reason.
Molon Lube

ReverendJesus

~Rev. Jesus "H" Christ

HMGMA #D-1-10535-13
Episkopos, Flying Squirrels on Fire Cabal [FSoFCabal.com]
Ordained Minister, Church of the Latter-Day Dude
Minister, Church of the Flying Spaghetti Monster
Reverend, United Church of Bacon
Minister, Universal Life Church
Clergy, Spiritual Humanist Church
Reverend, Open Ministry
Legionnaire, SORPOEE
Legionnaire, Cabal of Cabbage(tm)
Member, Satanic Temple
Member, Secular Student Alliance
Citizen, Aerican Empire

Answer our survey for a chance* to win one free miracle of your choice!