News:

PD.com: Taoism in a clown costume.

Main Menu

Is anyone here an advocate for non-violence?

Started by IPunchNazis, August 19, 2017, 03:25:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

hooplala

Quote from: IPunchNazis on August 19, 2017, 03:25:40 AM
When I first signed up, you all clocked me for what I was: a troll. But a few of you actually understood the joke: that my intention was to hold to you a mirror-image caricature of the seemingly addicted-to-violence mentality that pervades this board.

I became quickly bored (as I'm sure you all were with me from the start) and went back to lurking after realizing that those of you who are keen on aggressive action in the face of conflict with an enemy you equate with evil are at no risk of changing your minds, and I have no intention of making the mistake of arguing with you like so many others have come here to do.

Look, I think you are a troll, but I'm willing to bite for the moment. I bolded a part above that I see as the issue here. You say "an enemy you equate with evil", as if nazis being evil is up for debate. It isn't. If a tenet of your organization is genocide, guess what? It's not good.

Not all violence is equal.

If you are promote genocide, you definitely deserve (at the very bare minimum) a punch in the face.

The fact that you equate nazis with the possibility that us equating them with evil is in our heads is... worrisome.
"Soon all of us will have special names" — Professor Brian O'Blivion

"Now's not the time to get silly, so wear your big boots and jump on the garbage clowns." — Bob Dylan?

"Do I contradict myself?
Very well then I contradict myself,
(I am large, I contain multitudes.)"
— Walt Whitman

The Good Reverend Roger

He has been banned.  It's Ron Paul, evading his original ban, with 3/4 admins concurring and the 4th not present.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Hagtard Celine Dion Mustard

Didn't you idiots spend at least several weeks being absolutely certain that I was Ron Paul? I Punch Nazis is right; you do this to everyone.

I have a lot of thoughts on this thread that I'm sure no-one wants to hear, and if you've just banned the person who was asking, I'm not sure actually they actually matter now. But fuck it.

As others have said, violence is a last resort, so you can tell a lot about the nature of the character of people who choose to use it as a first; either they're hot-headed fools or they're people who feel helpless. A lot of people feel helpless from the start; and thinking your enemy is the worst evil imaginable can make it that way. (Personally, I choose not to see the Nazis in the right-wing as evil, because evil is a pure construct and an ideal. It's something that the universe cannot be without - light, dark, good, evil, yin and yang. Thinking of an opponent as evil can make you feel justified, but it also contributes to that feeling of helplessness. After all, even irrational human beings know deep down that evil as a force can never be totally defeated. I don't think of the alt-right jackasses pretending to be Nazis as evil, I think of them as misguided and potentially dangerous.)

I left the other thread, tired of arguing and ready to take another break (which I maybe haven't - do I even have any friends here? Why do I keep coming back?) with a link to Accidental Courtesy (which I also have some conflicting thoughts on), and then decided to edit it out of the comment because fuck you guys. I'm sick of arguing about it all and I figure nobody would watch it and anyone who did would just say that it doesn't matter. Unfortunately, I didn't manage to get it out before Pretentious Movie Director quoted it, and well, there it is. Sometimes I try to stop being an asshole and just say, "Look, here's what I'm saying," but nobody wants that either. I'm in a lose-lose situation on this board at this point and I should just be glad that I haven't been banned, too.

I'm a left-leaning person but I'm more centrist in my arguments. Much like Daryl Davis when he fucks up his interview with BLM, I wind up getting more pissed off at people I actually side with than those to whom I'm opposed. When people on my team are fucking up, I feel the need to try to fix the problem. Maybe I just have zero tact, but 9 times out of 10 it just winds up with them accusing me of being a spy for the other team.

Right now, the strategy of the hard-left in America feels like this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hooKVstzbz0

I wish everyone would stop and say, "Look, calm the fuck down. We're all being trolled into losing our cool, and if we keep doing what they expect, we're going to keep losing." Violence is the physical manifestation of absolute frustration, not just with an opponent, but also with one's self.

Or maybe that's the Old Camp talking. This stuff is delicious. And it's only $1.99 for 100ml.
"I never thought of shaving my beard and freeing the slaves, but I thought of shaving the slaves and freeing my beard!"
~ Abrahaham Lincololn

Junkenstein

TL:DR.

I'm sure someone will be kind enough to point out if there's anything particularly funny or stupid. I'm just assuming it's all stupid.
Nine naked Men just walking down the road will cause a heap of trouble for all concerned.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Pope Pelvis Flirtini on August 23, 2017, 12:30:25 AM
Didn't you idiots spend at least several weeks being absolutely certain that I was Ron Paul? I Punch Nazis is right; you do this to everyone.

Life is tough, wear a hat.

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Junkenstein on August 23, 2017, 12:45:51 AM
TL:DR.

I'm sure someone will be kind enough to point out if there's anything particularly funny or stupid. I'm just assuming it's all stupid.

It's the "I'm leftist but want to hear what Nazis have to say" thing.

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on August 23, 2017, 01:06:36 AM

-- Joseph McCarthy
"I never thought of shaving my beard and freeing the slaves, but I thought of shaving the slaves and freeing my beard!"
~ Abrahaham Lincololn

PretentiousMovieDirector

Unfortunately, I didn't manage to get it out before Pretentious Movie Director quoted it, and well, there it is.

IS THAT A FOURTH-WALL BREAK? WHAT THE FUCK? THIS ISN'T HOUSE OF CARDS, AND I'M NOT WOODY ALLEN. YOU ARE SO FIRED.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Pope Pelvis Flirtini on August 23, 2017, 01:46:53 AM

-- Joseph McCarthy

:lulz:

Go fuck yourself, twat.

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on August 23, 2017, 01:57:05 AM

-- Joseph McCarthy

Go fuck yourself, twat.

Gosh, you really outwitted me with that one. The nuance is astounding. The thought you must have put into that post... I just... I just concede. I concede the entire argument. You win.

Edit: Oh, wait, the silly-face-hat-man meant you were joking. I think? You used it twice so it's a little hard to figure out. Then again, I'm new here. No, wait, having been here for 8 months means I'm not new. Fuck, I'm so confused. Oh, wait, that's the point! Being confused is Zen!
~ Abrahaham Lincololn

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Pope Pelvis Flirtini on August 23, 2017, 02:09:29 AM
Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on August 23, 2017, 01:57:05 AM

-- Joseph McCarthy

Go fuck yourself, twat.

Gosh, you really outwitted me with that one. The nuance is astounding. The thought you must have put into that post... I just... I just concede. I concede the entire argument. You win.

Edit: Oh, wait, the silly-face-hat-man meant you were joking. I think? You used it twice so it's a little hard to figure out. Then again, I'm new here. No, wait, having been here for 8 months means I'm not new. Fuck, I'm so confused. Oh, wait, that's the point! Being confused is Zen!

Just what on Earth did you think you rated?

And yes.  I am totally laughing with you.  Like this --->   :lulz:

It's like you guys live in a world where posting the hat-guy-happy-face makes your point instantly valid.

Well, then.

~ Abrahaham Lincololn

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Pope Pelvis Flirtini on August 23, 2017, 03:16:37 AM
It's like you guys live in a world where posting the hat-guy-happy-face makes your point instantly valid.

Well, then.

You're autistic or something, right?  Not saying that's awful or anything, just honestly curious.

POFP

Ahh, I remember my first heel-digging screech-fest. I had a ton of them, in-fact.

I still look back on them occasionally to remind myself not to be a complete fucking retard. Maybe one day you'll do that, when you're standing on two legs.

I hope you do, anyways. It seems like you have potential. Your brain's just stuck in a cesspool of pseudo-intellectual bullshit because you haven't experienced or witnessed the true extent of human indecency, nor do you seem to understand the superficiality of the lies that bigots tell themselves and others, or how such superficiality is capable of transitioning into the kind of compartmentalization that propagates hate crimes.

As Roger said before, the violence is honestly more dignified and beneficial to the Nazis themselves. If we beat the pulp out of them now, we don't have to gut them, shoot them, or hang them later. You see, it's all in avoidance of a replay of the Nuremberg Trials, but also doubles as a way of defending innocent people.

Furthermore, defense of the innocent has never been something that requires moral high-ground to be effective. Also, not everyone should sacrifice their morality or innocence for the good of others. But there are those who have that drive, and Will to do so without being asked.

Resorting to violence might make me a bad person. But if it keeps the nice Middle-eastern lady that lives next door to me from being a victim of a hate crime, then I don't give a shit about what kind of person I am.

We aren't advocating that every single person should be pacing the streets with bats in search of Neo-Nazis. But we are saying that if we see a Nazi giving some singled-out, defenseless colored person hell, and we happen to have a bat... well...

And we don't think there's a reason to feel bad about it afterwards. But if you wanna work on things from the angle of "Let's hold hands and talk it out," since that's what your privileged environment has allowed for, that's cool. Go ahead. While you still can. You might even turn some heads. But when fists start flying, and you aren't ready to let them fly back, then stay the fuck out of our way.
This Certified Pope™ reserves the Right to, on occasion, "be a complete dumbass", and otherwise ponder "idiotic" and/or "useless" ideas and other such "tomfoolery." [Aforementioned] are only responsible for the results of these actions and tendencies when they have had their addictive substance of choice for that day.

Being a Product of their Environment's Collective Order and Disorder, [Aforementioned] also reserves the Right to have their ideas, technologies, and otherwise all Intellectual Property stolen, re-purposed, and re-attributed at Will ONLY by other Certified Popes. Corporations, LLC's, and otherwise Capitalist-based organizations are NOT capable of being Certified Popes.

Battering Rams not included.

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on August 23, 2017, 05:14:50 AM
Quote from: Pope Pelvis Flirtini on August 23, 2017, 03:16:37 AM

Well, then.

You're autistic or something, right?  Not saying that's awful or anything, just honestly curious.

That's funny, because I assume something similar about you. Although I don't give you the benefit of one of the "cool" handicaps like autism, so I appreciate the compliment.
~ Abrahaham Lincololn