News:

Living proof that any damn fool can make things more complex

Main Menu

Vote! Trial and Error Party

Started by Hagtard Celine Dion Mustard, August 27, 2017, 10:18:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hagtard Celine Dion Mustard

Major political parties want to bounce you back and forth between the same two non-working solutions. "It didn't work the last time we tried it, so we tried the other thing, and now we're going to try the thing that didn't work before that again!" Independent parties either want to try things that failed in other countries or things so crazy that knowing they won't work to begin with seems like the least boring option.

Be bored no more! In the next election cycle, vote for the Trial and Error candidate!

Trial and Error! We're going to try something and if it doesn't work, we'll try something we haven't tried before!

Think nothing of bi-partisanship. In fact, think nothing of partisanship! When is the last time we tried being un-partisan? Never! So let's try that! And if that doesn't work, we'll try ultra partisanship! Just as long as the party in question is Trial and Error!

This message has not been approved or funded since we tried to get both and wound up with neither, so we're trying it out without them.
"I never thought of shaving my beard and freeing the slaves, but I thought of shaving the slaves and freeing my beard!"
~ Abrahaham Lincololn

Cramulus

Hegel knew there'd be days like this, there'd be days like this Hegel said (hegel said, hegel said)

see also --
Bokonon's theory of dynamic tensions, "the equilibrium between good and evil" (47.3). (from Kurt Vonnegut's Cat's Cradle) The idea being that every movement requires two sets of muscles. One to move, the other to stop the movement. Movement is impossible without the opposition between these two forces.

Quote"Papa" Monzano, he's so very bad
But without bad "Papa" I would be so sad;
Because without "Papa's" badness,
Tell me, if you would,
How could wicked old Bokonon
Ever, ever look good?

The Good Reverend Roger

Never mind that this system that doesn't work has led the country to be on the top of the global shit heap for 220 years1.  I mean, what has The Establishment™ ever accomplished?  I mean, aside from massive infrastructure, public libraries, a few trips to the moon, reusable spacecraft, and other assorted useless shit that nobody cares about?

1 May not apply to everyone.  Mgt reserves the right to brutalize minorities that get upset about this.  Just like every society ever.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on August 27, 2017, 09:20:13 PM
Never mind that this system that doesn't work has led the country to be on the top of the global shit heap for 220 years1.  I mean, what has The Establishment™ ever accomplished?  I mean, aside from massive infrastructure, public libraries, a few trips to the moon, reusable spacecraft, and other assorted useless shit that nobody cares about?

1 May not apply to everyone.  Mgt reserves the right to brutalize minorities that get upset about this.  Just like every society ever.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y7tvauOJMHo
"I never thought of shaving my beard and freeing the slaves, but I thought of shaving the slaves and freeing my beard!"
~ Abrahaham Lincololn

Quote from: Cramulus on August 27, 2017, 02:32:34 PM
Hegel knew there'd be days like this, there'd be days like this Hegel said (hegel said, hegel said)

see also --
Bokonon's theory of dynamic tensions, "the equilibrium between good and evil" (47.3). (from Kurt Vonnegut's Cat's Cradle) The idea being that every movement requires two sets of muscles. One to move, the other to stop the movement. Movement is impossible without the opposition between these two forces.

Quote"Papa" Monzano, he's so very bad
But without bad "Papa" I would be so sad;
Because without "Papa's" badness,
Tell me, if you would,
How could wicked old Bokonon
Ever, ever look good?

Obviously my idea of having a Trial and Error Party is little more than a joke; one of my earliest posts here was about the swing of the political pendulum, and how apparently the way we've figured out how to operate as a species is by constantly bouncing back and forth between extremes. I probably wasn't very clear in expressing that, however, since from my recollection that thread, like most of mine, quickly descended into Argument Hell.

As for politics, I'm starting to see it like a game of sports, where two teams constantly commit fouls, try not to get caught, and simultaneously attempt to call out the other team for committing the exact same fouls. It's almost as if irony and hypocrisy are nonexistent. Or perhaps they've just become normalized.
~ Abrahaham Lincololn

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Pope Pelvis Flirtini on August 28, 2017, 12:52:11 AM
Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on August 27, 2017, 09:20:13 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y7tvauOJMHo

Precisely.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.