Author Topic: A Nonviolent Protest Against Nonviolence  (Read 266 times)

Pope Pelvis Flirtini

• Outlandish
    • View Profile
A Nonviolent Protest Against Nonviolence
« on: September 09, 2017, 01:04:35 am »
I want to organize a Discordian protest. I think it would look something like this:

Discordianism was literally designed to elude definition. It attracts people from all walks of life and very different ideologies. The major reason we hardly ever get anything done is because all of the people in our religion who actually want to get anything done are constantly arguing with each other about what it is that anyone wants to get done. It's the ultimate form of inaction.

Nobody rules the world. And if we have our way, nobody ever will.

"Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you." - Friedrich Nietzsche

rong

• Deserved It
    • View Profile
Re: A Nonviolent Protest Against Nonviolence
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2017, 01:42:39 am »
"he was a smart feller who felt smart"

LMNO

• Lubricated and Rabid Lungfish of Impending Sexdoomô
  • Deserved It
  • Internet Fuckweasel of Haunted Pork Dimensions.
    • View Profile
    • Earfatigue Productions: When it has to sound like you give a shit.
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2017, 04:21:25 pm »
Father Ted is way ahead of you.

Q. G. Pennyworth

• Slimy Thing Who
  • Deserved It
  • QUEEN BITCH OF FLYERS
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2017, 11:51:00 pm »
Did you not go to the Rally To Restore Sanity And/Or Fear?
Overheating Pheremone Pustule of Last Saturday's Jiggle Fun| _xgeWireToEvent: Unknown extension 131, this should never happen.

Don't fucking judge me, I've got tentacles for a face.

Pope Pelvis Flirtini

• Outlandish
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2017, 04:27:12 am »

I did. I was dressed up as the Joker and held a sign that said, "GOD HATES BATS".
Discordianism was literally designed to elude definition. It attracts people from all walks of life and very different ideologies. The major reason we hardly ever get anything done is because all of the people in our religion who actually want to get anything done are constantly arguing with each other about what it is that anyone wants to get done. It's the ultimate form of inaction.

"Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you." - Friedrich Nietzsche

PoFP

• Word-Salad Enthusiast and Terrified Meat Sack
  • Outlandish
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2017, 03:37:50 pm »
Listen carefully. I don't have much time, and I only have 462 characters left. I'm a scientist from Area 52 (Area 51 was used to draw attention from Area 52, where the aliens were ACTUALLY stored) who was working on neural interfacing with networked devices. In an experiment gone wrong, I accidentally uploaded my mind to the internet. In the 2 seconds I had before my mind scrambled itself with the world's network traffic, I was able to store this snippet in this random internet signature. If you're reading this, let the world know tha

Pope Pelvis Flirtini

• Outlandish
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 13, 2017, 07:40:29 am »

I did. I was dressed up as the Joker and held a sign that said, "GOD HATES BATS".

Faust

• Deserved It
  • The Greasy Strangler
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 13, 2017, 10:44:42 am »
I'm down with this.

There was a counter protest for the Westboro gang dressed as superhero's with their own signs at one of the comic cons, WBC left in disgust. I can't find the link now but I read about a soldier who knew WBC were going to show up to his funeral insisted people show up to his funeral in superhero costumes, again, they left in disgust after about five or ten minutes.

Is that why you won't let it see you, why you can't bear the gaze? Because you've done terrible things.
Then there are the transgressions you never even knew you committed, those are the worst because those you can never forget, all you can do is suspect.

Freeky

• Can't breathe anymore.
  • Deserved It
  • wat
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 13, 2017, 09:31:40 pm »
http://comicsalliance.com/super-heroes-vs-the-westboro-baptist-church/

Unbeknownst to the dastardly fanatics of the Westboro Baptist Church, the good folks of San Diego's Comic-Con were prepared for their arrival with their own special brand of superhuman counter protesting chanting "WHAT DO WE WANT" "GAY SEX" "WHEN DO WE WANT IT" "NOW!"

« Last Edit: September 13, 2017, 09:33:17 pm by Freeky »
If someone does the ďFine, youíre right, Iím clearly a terrible person, Iím Satan, Iím the worst person alive, I should just dieĒ thing in response to criticism of their harmful behavior, they are trying to manipulate people and flip the situation around so that they look like a victim.

As a neuroscientist I have to disagree with the perception that anyone is doing mathematical modeling of cognitive intelligence, yet; intelligence as an economist defines it, yes, but economists are worlds away from actual cognition.

Although it is outside the purview of this organization to offer personal advice, we can say -- without assuming any liability -- that previous experience indicates (and recent market studies corroborate) that given the present condition of the marketplace, continuing with your present course of action is likely to result in substantial in

rong

• Deserved It
    • View Profile
"he was a smart feller who felt smart"

Pope Pelvis Flirtini

• Outlandish
    • View Profile