News:

You're miserable, edgy and tired. You're in the perfect mood for PD.com.

Main Menu

A neophyte

Started by Saint Benadryl, September 10, 2017, 08:15:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Saint Benadryl

Hi all,

I am here to find my way out of (into?) an existential crisis. I believe this is the only religion that has nothing to teach me, so naturally I am here to learn. I bought a copy of the Principia Discordia on Amazon because I was enjoying the parts I read online.

I'm kind of having a hard time with life right now, and interacting with Discordianism is making me feel a little better. Just wanted to say hi before I contribute anything.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Saint Benadryl on September 10, 2017, 08:15:00 PM
Hi all,

I am here to find my way out of (into?) an existential crisis. I believe this is the only religion that has nothing to teach me, so naturally I am here to learn. I bought a copy of the Principia Discordia on Amazon because I was enjoying the parts I read online.

I'm kind of having a hard time with life right now, and interacting with Discordianism is making me feel a little better. Just wanted to say hi before I contribute anything.

We kind of advise that everyone own a copy of the Principia, but for fuck's sake don't bother reading that piece of crap.  It has two (2) good ideas surrounded by bad clip art and dadaist nonsense.  It drives us all to bad crank and poor behavior.

That being said, hello and welcome aboard.  Pool used to be on the roof, but photobucket and/or Imgur killed it.  Don't listen to Faust or EoC, they are bad people.  You can trust me, thought, they call me The Captain and I drop the beats.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Freeky

tyrannosaurus vex

IT'S A TRAP WATCH OUT NEW PERSON
Evil and Unfeeling Arse-Flenser From The City of the Damned.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: tyrannosaurus vex on September 11, 2017, 03:36:43 AM
IT'S A TRAP WATCH OUT NEW PERSON

Pay no attention to our pal, here.  He's hysterical, on account of too many rounds of the biscuit game, and needs his medicine.

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

rong

i stayed for the bad clip art and dadaist nonsense
"a real smart feller, he felt smart"

tyrannosaurus vex

Quote from: rong on September 11, 2017, 04:48:04 AM
i stayed for the bad clip art and dadaist nonsense
you're the wrong kind of discordian, though.
i mean, your name even says so.
Evil and Unfeeling Arse-Flenser From The City of the Damned.

rong

that's better than a REALLY REAL Discordian, though, right?
"a real smart feller, he felt smart"

Eater of Clowns

Quote from: Pippa Twiddleton on December 22, 2012, 01:06:36 AM
EoC, you are the bane of my existence.

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on March 07, 2014, 01:18:23 AM
EoC doesn't make creepy.

EoC makes creepy worse.

the afflicted persons get hold of and consume carrots even in socially quite unacceptable situations.

LMNO

Hey there!  Sorry to hear life is giving you problems.

Cramulus

Hi all,

Hi, welcome. The Principia has gotten me through some trash too. Glad you're feeling better-ish? let us know if we can help with the existential crisis.

really sorry to hear about your cat's penis

hooplala

I'm not sorry to hear about your cat's penis, but welcome anyway.
"Soon all of us will have special names" — Professor Brian O'Blivion

"Now's not the time to get silly, so wear your big boots and jump on the garbage clowns." — Bob Dylan?

"Do I contradict myself?
Very well then I contradict myself,
(I am large, I contain multitudes.)"
— Walt Whitman

POFP

I'm kind of having a hard time with life right now, and interacting with Discordianism is making me feel a little better.

Ah, I remember my first night with the Five Fingered Hand of Eris...

I'd recommend you take it slow. Adding more than one finger at a time may cause anal fissures.
This Certified Pope™ reserves the Right to, on occasion, "be a complete dumbass", and otherwise ponder "idiotic" and/or "useless" ideas and other such "tomfoolery." [Aforementioned] are only responsible for the results of these actions and tendencies when they have had their addictive substance of choice for that day.

Being a Product of their Environment's Collective Order and Disorder, [Aforementioned] also reserves the Right to have their ideas, technologies, and otherwise all Intellectual Property stolen, re-purposed, and re-attributed at Will ONLY by other Certified Popes. Corporations, LLC's, and otherwise Capitalist-based organizations are NOT capable of being Certified Popes.

Battering Rams not included.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Cramulus on September 11, 2017, 01:09:09 PM
Hi all,

Hi, welcome. The Principia has gotten me through some trash too. Glad you're feeling better-ish? let us know if we can help with the existential crisis.

really sorry to hear about your cat's penis

(Cram doesn't actually care about your cat's penis.  He's a whore for glitter, and any excuse will do.)

Ziegejunge

Welcome!

"When the student is ready, the teacher will appear," and all that rigmarole. Hope you're able to work through whatever it is that life is throwing at ya.