News:

MysticWicks endorsement: "Spoiled brats of the pagan world, I thought. I really don't have a lot of respect for Discordians. They just strike me as spiritually lazy."

Main Menu

people still post on forums, technically

Started by Cramulus, September 11, 2017, 10:45:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cramulus

P.S. your father killed a bunch of children with it, have fun

hooplala

"Soon all of us will have special names" — Professor Brian O'Blivion

"Now's not the time to get silly, so wear your big boots and jump on the garbage clowns." — Bob Dylan?

"Do I contradict myself?
Very well then I contradict myself,
(I am large, I contain multitudes.)"
— Walt Whitman

The Good Reverend Roger

" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Suu

Sovereign Episkopos-Princess Kaousuu; Esq., Battle Nun, Bene Gesserit.
Our Lady of Perpetual Confusion; 1st Church of Discordia

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

tyrannosaurus vex

Evil and Unfeeling Arse-Flenser From The City of the Damned.

Cain

LMNO

MMIX

Posting is just like supersized pegging, and I'll do it if I damn-well want
"The ultimate hidden truth of the world is that it is something we make and could just as easily make differently" David Graeber

Cramulus

Imma make a post on the Discordian Society FB group to point people here. It will likely be ignored. But it would be nice to have some new blood, right?

So if a bunch of spags show up, be cool

Faust

Sleepless nights at the chateau

LMNO

PD is a mirror: If a spag looks in, nothing cool looks out.

Suu

Sovereign Episkopos-Princess Kaousuu; Esq., Battle Nun, Bene Gesserit.
Our Lady of Perpetual Confusion; 1st Church of Discordia

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

The Wizard Joseph

Quote from: Cramulus on September 12, 2017, 02:09:33 PM
Imma make a post on the Discordian Society FB group to point people here. It will likely be ignored. But it would be nice to have some new blood, right?

The thought occurs to me that a push to find and reach out to "the others", in a sense, is just the thing right now to get folks of quality in the door and no small amount of potential lulzy troll fodder as well.

There are scattered Discordian pages all over FB that seem largely "no disco" types tired of the bullshit and looking for what "The Discordian Society" and stuff are about. Perhaps a more thorough search could find more or we could look into posting on reddit or a more esoteric set of outlets like Disinformation. We could use the FB group as a sort of lure and cherry pick folks from there for more direct invitation or just let the memes guide who they will here.

I'm just saying that if you're down for a bit of expansion I'm down to help and brainstorm as I can. I have limited tech skills, but a fair excess of free time these days. The Holy Nonsense project could do a lot on the physical and Internet levels too. Some of that already low-key points to here anyway.
You can't get out backward.  You have to go forward to go back.. better press on! - Willie Wonka, PBUH

Life can be seen as a game with no reset button, no extra lives, and if the power goes out there is no restarting.  If that's all you see life as you are not long for this world, and never will get it.

"Ayn Rand never swung a hammer in her life and had serious dominance issues" - The Fountainhead

"World domination is such an ugly phrase. I prefer to call it world optimisation."
- Harry Potter and the Methods of Rationality :lulz:

"You program the controller to do the thing, only it doesn't do the thing.  It does something else entirely, or nothing at all.  It's like voting."
- Billy, Aug 21st, 2019

"It's not even chaos anymore. It's BANAL."
- Doktor Hamish Howl

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Cramulus on September 12, 2017, 02:09:33 PM

Okay.  But if Jonathan Bost shows up, I'm taking him to the fucking cleaners.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Mr. Gone

I think I only rage-quit once.  But I still have time.