News:

Testimonial - Well it seems that most of you "discordians" are little more than dupes of the Cathedral/NWO memetic apparatus after all -- "freethinkers" in the sense that you are willing to think slightly outside the designated boxes of correct thought, but not free in the sense that you reject the existence of the boxes and seek their destruction.

Main Menu

World Politics Finally Devolves Into Early 90's Trashy Talk Show

Started by Hagtard Celine Dion Mustard, September 24, 2017, 03:32:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hagtard Celine Dion Mustard

http://www.reuters.com/article/us-northkorea-missiles-china-quake/north-korea-says-rockets-to-u-s-inevitable-as-u-s-bombers-fly-off-north-korean-coast-idUSKCN1BY0BS

Fucking REUTERS, ground zero for neutral and objective reporting, is finally starting to sound like The Onion. If the autistic backwater of North Korea were even capable of getting out of its electric wheelchair to throw a punch, we'd be on the brink of nuclear war instigated in the same manner as a bizarre chapter from a Douglas Adams novel, save for the fact that our LEADERS aren't YET talking about each other's mother's.

Despite being creatively innocuous, apparently being called "rocket man" is enough to prompt Kim Jong Il - a grown man who has difficulty locating his sideburns - to shoot back with all of the fury of a SubReddit title. Donald Trump has been called a lot of well-deserved nicknames over the last nine months, but "Dotard" really combines the childishness of the Internet with all of the artistic nuance of a Jackson Pollock.

Finally, my wishes have come true. The headlines of my personal utopia have never been anything short of "Dotard to Rocket Man: U Mad, Bro?"
"I never thought of shaving my beard and freeing the slaves, but I thought of shaving the slaves and freeing my beard!"
~ Abrahaham Lincololn

The Good Reverend Roger

" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on September 24, 2017, 04:04:42 AM
Sorry they disrespected your hero.

If you think I have a hero in all of this, then you don't understand me. At all.

I think you think I'm someone I'm not. I'm not sure if that's deliberate or not, since I don't know whether or not the person I think you are is the person you are.

Then again, I'm not entirely sure that you are the person you think you are.
"I never thought of shaving my beard and freeing the slaves, but I thought of shaving the slaves and freeing my beard!"
~ Abrahaham Lincololn

tyrannosaurus vex

"all the fury of a subreddit title"...

I mean.. have you ever heard Trump say literally anything?
Evil and Unfeeling Arse-Flenser From The City of the Damned.

The Wizard Joseph

Quote from: Pope Pelvis Flirtini on September 24, 2017, 04:37:37 AM
Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on September 24, 2017, 04:04:42 AM
Sorry they disrespected your hero.

If you think I have a hero in all of this, then you don't understand me. At all.

I think you think I'm someone I'm not. I'm not sure if that's deliberate or not, since I don't know whether or not the person I think you are is the person you are.

Then again, I'm not entirely sure that you are the person you think you are.

You sound like an upset teenager just discovering pot. Maybe geopolitics ain't your thing.
You can't get out backward.  You have to go forward to go back.. better press on! - Willie Wonka, PBUH

Life can be seen as a game with no reset button, no extra lives, and if the power goes out there is no restarting.  If that's all you see life as you are not long for this world, and never will get it.

"Ayn Rand never swung a hammer in her life and had serious dominance issues" - The Fountainhead

"World domination is such an ugly phrase. I prefer to call it world optimisation."
- Harry Potter and the Methods of Rationality :lulz:

"You program the controller to do the thing, only it doesn't do the thing.  It does something else entirely, or nothing at all.  It's like voting."
- Billy, Aug 21st, 2019

"It's not even chaos anymore. It's BANAL."
- Doktor Hamish Howl

Cain

It was "old beast lunatic" in Korean, "dotard" was an approximate translation.

North Korea has always thrown out hilariously undiplomatic insults to foregin diplomats and world leaders - look at some of their comments on Hillary Clinton, for example.  This is the first time they've had the opportunity to use them on a leader as thin-skinned as Trump though.  No-one else dignifies their baiting with a response, instead farming out a comment to some low-level functionary.

Every time they provoke Trump, he visibly flinches and responds with some dipshit chest-beating on Twitter.  North Korea then responds with another missile or nuclear warhead test.  You don't need to be a genius to see what their game is.  You do have to wonder what sort of idiot keeps walking into the same trap, time and time again though....probably some old beast lunatic of some kind.

Quote from: Cain on September 24, 2017, 09:31:06 AM
You do have to wonder what sort of idiot keeps walking into the same trap, time and time again though...

The American public?
~ Abrahaham Lincololn

LMNO

OMG that's even better.

hooplala

Hey Pelvis, fuck you and your asinine opinions of Jackson Pollack.
"Soon all of us will have special names" — Professor Brian O'Blivion

"Now's not the time to get silly, so wear your big boots and jump on the garbage clowns." — Bob Dylan?

"Do I contradict myself?
Very well then I contradict myself,
(I am large, I contain multitudes.)"
— Walt Whitman

Cain

Quote from: LMNO on September 25, 2017, 01:04:48 PM

OMG that's even better.

1. Land wars in Asia
2. Invading Russia in winter
3. Attempt to out-insult North Korea.

They're just all historically bad ideas.

The Wizard Joseph

You can't get out backward.  You have to go forward to go back.. better press on! - Willie Wonka, PBUH

Life can be seen as a game with no reset button, no extra lives, and if the power goes out there is no restarting.  If that's all you see life as you are not long for this world, and never will get it.

"Ayn Rand never swung a hammer in her life and had serious dominance issues" - The Fountainhead

"World domination is such an ugly phrase. I prefer to call it world optimisation."
- Harry Potter and the Methods of Rationality :lulz:

"You program the controller to do the thing, only it doesn't do the thing.  It does something else entirely, or nothing at all.  It's like voting."
- Billy, Aug 21st, 2019

"It's not even chaos anymore. It's BANAL."
- Doktor Hamish Howl

Quote from: Hoopla on September 25, 2017, 02:07:04 PM

:lol:

Pollock's most well-known style is a lot of interesting things, but nuanced is not one of them.
~ Abrahaham Lincololn

Prelate Diogenes Shandor

Quote from: Cain on September 24, 2017, 09:31:06 AMEvery time they provoke Trump, he visibly flinches and responds with some dipshit chest-beating on Twitter.  North Korea then responds with another missile or nuclear warhead test.  You don't need to be a genius to see what their game is.  You do have to wonder what sort of idiot keeps walking into the same trap, time and time again though....probably some old beast lunatic of some kind.

I don't know whether it's idiotic or brilliant. Making sure that one of the few world leaders who's an even bigger jackass than he is stays in the news could potentially improve Trump's image.

Like how capitalism was made to appear good during the cold war via the cheap trick of continually contrasting it with stalinism.
Praise NHGH! For the tribulation of all sentient beings.

a plague on both your houses -Mercutio

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zrTGgpWmdZQ
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rVWd7nPjJH8

It is an unfortunate fact that every man who seeks to disseminate knowledge must contend not only against ignorance itself, but against false instruction as well. No sooner do we deem ourselves free from a particularly gross superstition, than we are confronted by some enemy to learning who would plunge us back into the darkness -H.P.Lovecraft

He who fights with monsters must take care lest he thereby become a monster -Nietzsche

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SHhrZgojY1Q

You are a fluke of the universe, and whether you can hear it of not the universe is laughing behind your back -Deteriorata

Don't use the email address in my profile, I lost the password years ago

hooplala

Quote from: Pope Pelvis Flirtini on September 25, 2017, 10:42:34 PM
Quote from: Hoopla on September 25, 2017, 02:07:04 PM

:lol:

Pollock's most well-known style is a lot of interesting things, but nuanced is not one of them.

I wouldn't expect any less from you.
"Soon all of us will have special names" — Professor Brian O'Blivion

"Now's not the time to get silly, so wear your big boots and jump on the garbage clowns." — Bob Dylan?

"Do I contradict myself?
Very well then I contradict myself,
(I am large, I contain multitudes.)"
— Walt Whitman