News:

I hope she gets diverticulitis and all her poop kills her.

Main Menu

I'm new, sad, angry and bring a warning.

Started by marouano, October 14, 2017, 12:55:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

marouano

Hello fellow disco-fagsfreaks (how do you guys greet each other?),
you perhaps read the title of this thread and think who is this guy and why is he bothering us? Well let me explain:
It all started a week ago I was reading the Illuminatus Triology and decided to buy Principia Discordia. When it got delivered (together with The Book of the Subgenius and another book which I won't reveal) I got really excited and started reading it immediately. Then my third nostril sniffed something wrong about the text. When I was half way through I started looking online and found this site.
I checked the online version of the book and to my surprise the book is supposed to have pictures. Suddenly everything became clear and I understood why the text was so badly formatted. I got scammed :argh!:

I warn everybody not to buy the version published by Pacific Publishing Studio
This is the cover:

Well atleast it caused me some confusion but mostly sadness.

Are you guys aware of this version? Is this part of OM? Is Pacific Publishing Studio trying to undermine Eris and perhaps part of the Illuminati?

tyrannosaurus vex

To be fair, it's generally a bad idea to read any version of the PD. But for sure one without pictures should be avoided.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Evil and Unfeeling Arse-Flenser From The City of the Damned.

Doktor Howl

Quote from: marouano on October 14, 2017, 12:55:43 AM
Hello fellow disco-fags (how do you guys greet each other?),

And just like that, I stopped reading.
Molon Lube

tyrannosaurus vex

Quote from: Doktor Howl on October 14, 2017, 03:31:09 AM

oh come on, give the guy a break. it's how the internet talks now. you know, intentionally offensive and edgy because god forbid you be mistaken for someone with any amount of respect for other people since that would make you seem weak. and discordia is obviously a blanket justification for doing whatever it takes to get a rise out of people since it's all about being, like, non-conformist and meta. or whatever.
Evil and Unfeeling Arse-Flenser From The City of the Damned.

marouano

Sorry been on the internet for to long to act like a well adjusted individual, I modified it for you  :thumb:

Doktor Howl

Quote from: tyrannosaurus vex on October 14, 2017, 07:04:27 AM

oh come on, give the guy a break. it's how the internet talks now. you know, intentionally offensive and edgy because god forbid you be mistaken for someone with any amount of respect for other people since that would make you seem weak. and discordia is obviously a blanket justification for doing whatever it takes to get a rise out of people since it's all about being, like, non-conformist and meta. or whatever.

This is why I hate FB discordians.  Jonathan Bost is more or less the spokesman for an entire generation of cadmium-poisoning victims.
Molon Lube

Q. G. Pennyworth

(Blank)-fag is so 2008, anyway. If you're gonna be an edgelord at least keep up with where the edge is.

Also that sounds infuriating about the book. I suggest Holy Nonsense to soothe your eyemeats.

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Q. G. Pennyworth on October 15, 2017, 11:51:54 PM
(Blank)-fag is so 2008, anyway. If you're gonna be an edgelord at least keep up with where the edge is.

Also that sounds infuriating about the book. I suggest Holy Nonsense to soothe your eyemeats.

Edge-lording has always been the bane of "weird" groups.  Discordians, Subgenius, Pastafarians, Last Thursdayists, you name it.  You can't have a fun joke without someone using it as an excuse to vent their petty bigotry or - as has been seen here more than once - to get their crazy stalker on.

The Subgenii ancients refer to it as the "kook factor".
Molon Lube

Ziegejunge

Oh yeah, I bought this version of the book about a year ago or so. Intensely disappointing. I don't even know where that copy is; I think I gave it away and repressed the memory of buying it in the first place until now.

Cramulus

My first version of the PD was a hypertext version - didn't have images either.

It was okay though - when you find the version with pix, you can re-read it and get a totally new sense of it.

POFP

Wait, people actually read the PD? Like, the words and stuff?

I always just drank a bottle of Benadryl and freaked the fuck out over the pictures.
This Certified Pope™ reserves the Right to, on occasion, "be a complete dumbass", and otherwise ponder "idiotic" and/or "useless" ideas and other such "tomfoolery." [Aforementioned] are only responsible for the results of these actions and tendencies when they have had their addictive substance of choice for that day.

Being a Product of their Environment's Collective Order and Disorder, [Aforementioned] also reserves the Right to have their ideas, technologies, and otherwise all Intellectual Property stolen, re-purposed, and re-attributed at Will ONLY by other Certified Popes. Corporations, LLC's, and otherwise Capitalist-based organizations are NOT capable of being Certified Popes.

Battering Rams not included.

Cain

Buying any version of the PD is a terrible mistake.

hooplala

Write your own. There's at least a 50% chance it will be better.
"Soon all of us will have special names" — Professor Brian O'Blivion

"Now's not the time to get silly, so wear your big boots and jump on the garbage clowns." — Bob Dylan?

"Do I contradict myself?
Very well then I contradict myself,
(I am large, I contain multitudes.)"
— Walt Whitman

Frontside Back

Hey bugger off, you can't be "new". I am "new". If we were both "new" we would be "news" and that would be plain retarded. Not that I care, but it might affect your reproductive abilities. You wanna get laid, yes?
"I want to be the Borg but I want to do it alone."

Faust

You're not the current Spiritual Leader of all Discordia, that job goes to the most recent registered member of the board

Sleepless nights at the chateau