Author Topic: Another TGRR prophecy comes true.  (Read 12195 times)

Doktor Howl

• Вся ваша база принадлежит нам
  • One-Armed Jizz Moppers
  • Deserved It
  • Horrible Bastard
    • View Profile
Re: Another TGRR prophecy comes true.
« Reply #120 on: Yesterday at 11:56:58 pm »
I have heard that shit before, falling out of someone’s face, in real life.

Come to think of it, that was the same day they fired me for having piercings :lulz:

I convinced my father to stop waiting and sell his old house based on hearing educated people say that with a straight face.
"And you don't stop."
- Harry Daghlian

"A penny saved is a penny depreciated."
- Benjamin Franklin

chaotic neutral observer

• Buttwiggler of the Wasteland
  • Outlandish
  • not a real discordian
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: Today at 12:03:16 am »
Stocks will rebound.

I mean, if they don't then no financial planning matters.

Bonds are poison, stay the hell away from them until after the smoke clears from the crater.

Odds are that Canada will do better than the USA, for the same reason as last time (Canadian banks are very conservative when it comes to financial fuckery), but Canada will - as last time - take a pretty good hit all the same.  Think in terms of the difference between "disaster" and "apocalypse."

Okay.  I'll clean out my bond ETF, reduce my exposure to USD, and get rid of that one stock in a sector that everybody pretends is a good idea, but I suspect no one actually understands.  I'll let everything else ride through.  Coca-Cola ain't going bankrupt any time soon.
"When I say 'engineering', I have unreasonable expectations.  It must - as you know - look good in PADS AND give you plenty of help ducking and weaving in meetings.  But it must also, at some distant point in time, function.  If it does not, then you must accept that you are not in fact an engineer but instead an MBA.  Hang your head in SHAME, sinner!"

Frontside Back

• Yet another cellural dystopia
  • Known & Noted
  • Funny posts: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: Today at 12:55:21 am »
I'm investing in alcohol.
"I want to be the Borg but I want to do it alone."

Doktor Howl

• Вся ваша база принадлежит нам
  • One-Armed Jizz Moppers
  • Deserved It
  • Horrible Bastard
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: Today at 01:37:46 am »
Stocks will rebound.

I mean, if they don't then no financial planning matters.

Bonds are poison, stay the hell away from them until after the smoke clears from the crater.

Odds are that Canada will do better than the USA, for the same reason as last time (Canadian banks are very conservative when it comes to financial fuckery), but Canada will - as last time - take a pretty good hit all the same.  Think in terms of the difference between "disaster" and "apocalypse."

Okay.  I'll clean out my bond ETF, reduce my exposure to USD, and get rid of that one stock in a sector that everybody pretends is a good idea, but I suspect no one actually understands.  I'll let everything else ride through.  Coca-Cola ain't going bankrupt any time soon.

Neither is Raytheon.
"And you don't stop."
- Harry Daghlian

"A penny saved is a penny depreciated."
- Benjamin Franklin