News:

He was a pretty good teacher, but he's also batshit insane and smells like ferret pee.

Main Menu

The Compleat Billy Chronicles (thanks to Zenpatista)

Started by Doktor Howl, November 15, 2017, 01:33:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fujikoma

Doktor Howl

Quote from: The Johnny on July 23, 2019, 04:30:05 AM
Quote from: Doktor Howl on July 23, 2019, 03:20:22 AM
Today, my boss announced that I am a wizard, because I can read a set of utility bills and eliminate redundancies.  Like $30K of redundancies.

But I have 4 hangnails.  Would a wizard have 4 hangnails?

Saving 30k on utilities in a single month??? Thats like enough to start a bitcoin farm.

Yeah, and the same amount going forward.

Also, and Cain will appreciate this, a joke on my part has let to what we are calling "Project Detritus".
Molon Lube

Doktor Howl

I may have had to sit though a meeting with people literally wearing MAGA hats, while some AM talk radio crap played in the office. I may have seen fit to have Billy in the meeting, because young people are weak and need scars. I may have strained my poker face in an effort to remain professional.

But at the end of it all, I got funding for Project Detritus (anyone who has read Terry Pratchett will catch the reference) and I am dragging the world into a more horrible yet hilarious future.

I am a very scary man today. I know this because I gave myself my wallet when I was looking in the mirror shaving, to avoid a beating.
Molon Lube

altered

You're living the dream, Howl. I can't wait to see what happens next.
"I am that worst of all type of criminal...I cannot bring myself to do what you tell me, because you told me."

There's over 100 of us in this meat-suit. You'd think it runs like a ship, but it's more like a hundred and ten angry ghosts having an old-school QuakeWorld tournament, three people desperately trying to make sure the gamers don't go hungry or soil themselves, and the Facilities manager weeping in the corner as the garbage piles high.

Doktor Howl

Quote from: nullified on July 24, 2019, 03:09:34 AM
You're living the dream, Howl. I can't wait to see what happens next.

My guess?  We'll do awesome things and then I will be fired in 22 months.

I mean, aside from Sasol, that's the trend.
Molon Lube

Fujikoma

To my understanding, wizards, don't have extra bones, but shaman do.

EDIT: Also, wasn't Detritus the Golem on the watch?... ok, my amusement, stops here, WHAT have you done?

Doktor Howl

Molon Lube

altered

That desk speaks to me. It says "I'm going to burn a house down. I don't have any specific house in mind, but if you have any suggestions, it will be your house."
"I am that worst of all type of criminal...I cannot bring myself to do what you tell me, because you told me."

There's over 100 of us in this meat-suit. You'd think it runs like a ship, but it's more like a hundred and ten angry ghosts having an old-school QuakeWorld tournament, three people desperately trying to make sure the gamers don't go hungry or soil themselves, and the Facilities manager weeping in the corner as the garbage piles high.

chaotic neutral observer

The crossbow doesn't worry me.  Without seeing what kind of bolts are going to be used, it's entirely possible that it's only intended for some innocent target practice, as opposed to hunting The Most Dangerous Prey.

The electric pencil sharpener, however, frightens me.  It frightens me greatly.  The only reason to have an electric pencil sharpener in your possession is if you are planning things.
Desine fata deum flecti sperare precando.

Doktor Howl

Me:  "595 lines of undocumented code.  I want to find the engineer that wrote this and choke his ass out.  This is BULLSHIT and..."

Billy:  *reaches into a file I had looked through at least twice, pulls out documented code*

Me:  *stares at Billy*

Billy:  *stares at me*

Me:  "AND ANOTHER THING..."
Molon Lube

Junkenstein

Never apologize, explain or bring it up again.
Standard operating procedure for progress.

And detritus was the troll folks. I suspect a lot of prachett jokes have been utterly wasted on some of you.
Nine naked Men just walking down the road will cause a heap of trouble for all concerned.

altered

Google saves every single one of them for me. I knew what CNO was missing about that crossbow, and I've never read a Pratchett book (Good Omens excepted). They just aren't my thing.

Doktor Howl

Quote from: nullified on July 31, 2019, 09:52:42 PM
Google saves every single one of them for me. I knew what CNO was missing about that crossbow, and I've never read a Pratchett book (Good Omens excepted). They just aren't my thing.

I'm not wild about most of his stuff, but the Vimes novels are an exception.  They are superb.
Molon Lube

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Junkenstein on July 31, 2019, 09:43:30 PM

And detritus was the troll folks. I suspect a lot of prachett jokes have been utterly wasted on some of you.

It's the crossbow thing, really.  :lol:

Great big bastard.  Trying to double the fastest existing crossbow.
Molon Lube

Bruno

Quote from: Doktor Howl on July 31, 2019, 10:49:37 PM
Quote from: Junkenstein on July 31, 2019, 09:43:30 PM

It's the crossbow thing, really.  :lol:

Great big bastard.  Trying to double the fastest existing crossbow.

Has anyone gotten past Mach 1 with a crossbow, yet?
Formerly something else...