News:

Testimonial - Well it seems that most of you "discordians" are little more than dupes of the Cathedral/NWO memetic apparatus after all -- "freethinkers" in the sense that you are willing to think slightly outside the designated boxes of correct thought, but not free in the sense that you reject the existence of the boxes and seek their destruction.

Main Menu

The Compleat Billy Chronicles (thanks to Zenpatista)

Started by Doktor Howl, November 15, 2017, 01:33:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Ziegejunge on August 08, 2018, 04:07:17 PM
Literally talking about the elephant in the room. I dig it.

I have instructed my staff to ignore it.
Molon Lube

Q. G. Pennyworth

I am intensely interested to know whose job it is to deal with the elephant shit.

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Q. G. Pennyworth on August 08, 2018, 06:10:31 PM
I am intensely interested to know whose job it is to deal with the elephant shit.

That I can answer right now:  faithless, treacherous maintenance weasels.
Molon Lube

Bruno

Formerly something else...

Doktor Howl

Molon Lube

Doktor Howl

Sad news:  I just received word that the judge handling the emergency injunctions has stated that the happy couple will have to live without an 11,000 pound mayhem/death beast at their wedding.  In fact, he seemed to be really excited by the very notion that he was asked.  Harsh language may have been involved.

:cry:

Pour a little out, homies.
Molon Lube

Bruno

Quote from: Doktor Howl on August 09, 2018, 05:12:37 PM
Quote from: Emo Howard on August 09, 2018, 07:21:28 AM
Have you interviewed the elephant?

What?

Yeah, I dunno. I was kinda buzzed when I typed that.

Something about how the elephant felt about the project

or

:?
Formerly something else...

Doktor Howl

At work today, giving a talk to the (lol) "energy task force" about the utility bills.  It is worth mentioning that Ron the Dumbass has never dealt with commercial or industrial utilities.

Me:  "So demand is the highest use of power in any 15 minute period, and on-peak charges are based on the highest momentary use of power during peak hours."

Ron the Dumbass:  "No, that's wrong.  There's no momentary charge."

Me:  "But there is.  I have been doing this for many years and the charge is in fact momentary."

Ron:  "You don't know what you're talking about."

Me:  "Okay"  *sits down*

Boss:  "Ron, shut up.  Roger, continue."

Me:  "I was actually done anyway."

State representative via skype:  "So, how come this one peak charge is higher than the daily demand?"

Me:  "Well, I'd say because you only need a half second to establish a peak, but you need 15 minutes to establish a demand, but Ron informs me that this is incorrect, so I'm going to say that the specially-trained monkeys that enter the data at the electric company are all messed up on crack and entering gibberish."

Boss:  "You don't have to be a smartass."

Me:  "Apparently I do."

Ron:  "What's wrong with you?"

Me:  "You are, Ron.  You make me hate data analysis, which is the only thing in the world that I love that loves me back."

State representative:  "Someone shut Ron up while there's still a task force."

And that is how you handle Dunning Krueger in an engineer.  You feed them to state level politicians.

Molon Lube

Doktor Howl

Me:  "Billy, you should come over at lunch.  Our main restaurant is sinking."

Billy:  "What?"

Me:  "The ground is subsiding underneath the Northwest corner.  All the windows are warping."

Billy:  "Wow.  How fast is it sinking?"

Me:  "Like an inch in the last 24 hours."

Billy:  "I'll pass."

Me:  "Why?  All the deer outside look like they're standing crooked."

Billy:  "I'm not literally dying for chicken cordon bleu."

Me:  "Buck up, Billy.  You're forgetting something."

Billy:  "What am I forgetting?"

Me:  "You are sitting next to  a tank with 250,000 gallons of shit in it that is directly downhill from what is clearly a moving groundwater issue."

Billy:  "Um."

Me:  "Drown in shit or watch crooked deer while you eat Chef's chicken cordon bleu.  You decide."

Billy:  "What's the side today?"
Molon Lube

minuspace

QuoteWhat's the side today?

On a deep, prelinguistic, and positively indeterminate level, Billy was shielding himself from the "moving groundwater issue."

[Edit. And then water starts gushing into the street below me right after I wrote that (not even kidding.) and a huge tree collapsed into the same, closing a lane two houses down. That's what Zi get for crossing streams)

Doktor Howl

Pre-exploded pig, ~ 20 minutes before The Incident.
Molon Lube

Capeditiea

The Goddess of Discord = 67 = Eris Kallisti Discordja = 67 = Gnosis Goddess of Art and Creativity = 67 = Capeditiea = 67 = Goddess of Enigma
[GoN]

Quote from: Doktor Howl on September 05, 2018, 10:21:16 PM
It was fucking horrible.  Do not trust your younger self.

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Capeditiea on September 02, 2018, 05:47:58 PM
:O wait, Billy returned to the work place?

No, Billy is a bad person and does bad things, but he hasn't yet detonated a pig.
Molon Lube

Capeditiea

Quote from: Doktor Howl on September 02, 2018, 10:09:56 PM
Quote from: Capeditiea on September 02, 2018, 05:47:58 PM
:O wait, Billy returned to the work place?

No, Billy is a bad person and does bad things, but he hasn't yet detonated a pig.

He needs to step his game up. Also when he does record it. :D that would be an interesting video. :D

The best option to have him return, discordian water torture(FOSS). (for a lack of a better name.) *nods,

here are the steps.
1. get the equipment needed. (sponge, a chair, some black nylon rope, a cat, Billy.)
2. tie Billy to the chair.
3. wet the sponge with some water.
4. every 23 minutes drip a drop on the cat, who was strategically placed around Billy.
5. find the cat.

then repeat steps 4 and 5 until Billy succumbs to your every demand.

to intensify this, you may wear leather.
The Goddess of Discord = 67 = Eris Kallisti Discordja = 67 = Gnosis Goddess of Art and Creativity = 67 = Capeditiea = 67 = Goddess of Enigma
[GoN]

Quote from: Doktor Howl on September 05, 2018, 10:21:16 PM
It was fucking horrible.  Do not trust your younger self.

Doktor Howl

Watching it rain inside the kitchen.  It's not raining outside.

Kevin:  "I told you this would happen.  This area is too small for a ten ton air conditioner."

Me:  "I'm aware.  I know that and you know that, but the retired engineer on the energy task force thought this was a good idea."

Kevin:  "Did he ever do any refrigeration work?"

Me:  "Nope.  Electronics."

Kevin:  "So how is he qualified to do this?"

Me:  "Because he is an engineer and we are lowly tradesmen.  To admit that we have skills he might not have is to say that he isn't a living God and maybe even that we are capable of walking upright."

Kevin:  "Is he really that arrogant?"

Me:  "Engineer."

Kevin:  "We can still fix this. We can put the 10 ton on a secondary thermostat so it doesn't short-cycle."

Me:  "No, Billy, this looks like an engineering problem."

Kevin:  "Stop calling me Billy.  And this is totally fixable."

Me:  "But we aren't going to fix it, at least until he has rolled in his own poop for a while.  Engineers can't learn without pain and humiliation."

Kevin:  "You talk like they're not actual people."

Me:  "Do actual people make it rain in a commercial kitchen in a monumental fit of hubris and incompetence?"

Kevin:  "No, okay.  But we should fix this."

Me:  This is all normal, Billy."

Kevin:  "Goddammit.  Stop calling me Billy."
Molon Lube