News:

It's funny how the position for boot-licking is so close to the one used for curb-stomping.

Main Menu

The Compleat Billy Chronicles (thanks to Zenpatista)

Started by Doktor Howl, November 15, 2017, 01:33:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Doktor Howl

Quote from: chaotic neutral observer on March 09, 2019, 04:11:04 AM
Quote from: Doktor Howl on March 08, 2019, 05:38:51 PM
F&B:  "It won't all be on at the same time."

This is like a government saying "we know the provisions in this new law may seem excessively broad, but we promise to only use these powers against the bad guys."  You can trust the current government, of course. :|  But what if the other team wins the next election?

Measure the draw a month after you upgrade the wire and install the new outlets, and I'll bet even odds they're pushing it past 30A.  Five-to-one that within a year they've plugged in something other than what F&B pointed out, and his guarantee has become even more meaningless.

Right now, if they plug in 29 amps, the entire distribution network fails all the way back to the 13.8K buses.  Not even kidding.

I am pulling another 100 amps in from another source, but I am doing it painfully slowly because I am feeling like a vindictive asshat right now.  It will be done in time, but just.
Molon Lube

Doktor Howl

Me:  Fired.
Billy:  Fired.
Boss:  Fired.
Kevin:  Fired.
Austin:  Fired.
Molon Lube

altered

What the hell happened? Another pig detonation?
"I am that worst of all type of criminal...I cannot bring myself to do what you tell me, because you told me."

There's over 100 of us in this meat-suit. You'd think it runs like a ship, but it's more like a hundred and ten angry ghosts having an old-school QuakeWorld tournament, three people desperately trying to make sure the gamers don't go hungry or soil themselves, and the Facilities manager weeping in the corner as the garbage piles high.

Doktor Howl

Quote from: nullified on March 19, 2019, 02:55:39 AM
What the hell happened? Another pig detonation?

A difference in opinion over what constitutes financial malfeasance.  We were asked to do something improper, we reported it, we were all shit-canned.

I expect this to lead to hilarity.
Molon Lube

altered

Oh boy. And I remember, it seems so recent, they were concerned about you selling back unused supplies at a profit.

I get the impression you can't say much, but I cannot help but assume that the fun this will result in is the kind that ends, much like a water hammer in a sewage treatment plant, with a loud bang and a slowly rising mass of steaming, toxic muck.

(Yeah, I've been rereading the thread.)
"I am that worst of all type of criminal...I cannot bring myself to do what you tell me, because you told me."

There's over 100 of us in this meat-suit. You'd think it runs like a ship, but it's more like a hundred and ten angry ghosts having an old-school QuakeWorld tournament, three people desperately trying to make sure the gamers don't go hungry or soil themselves, and the Facilities manager weeping in the corner as the garbage piles high.

chaotic neutral observer

Quote from: Doktor Howl on March 19, 2019, 03:38:10 AM
A difference in opinion over what constitutes financial malfeasance.  We were asked to do something improper, we reported it, we were all shit-canned.

That is the way with attempted cover-ups.  Every action taken just adds to the body of evidence.  Firing whistle-blowers en masse is right up there with setting fire to the police station to obliterate the record of your traffic ticket.

So, are you going to take a second look at that "worst-job-in-the-world" offer from a week or so ago?
Desine fata deum flecti sperare precando.

Doktor Howl

Quote from: chaotic neutral observer on March 19, 2019, 04:40:17 AM
Quote from: Doktor Howl on March 19, 2019, 03:38:10 AM

That is the way with attempted cover-ups.  Every action taken just adds to the body of evidence.  Firing whistle-blowers en masse is right up there with setting fire to the police station to obliterate the record of your traffic ticket.

So, are you going to take a second look at that "worst-job-in-the-world" offer from a week or so ago?

I was waiting for my 2nd interview when this happened.  :lulz:
Molon Lube

Doktor Howl

Quote from: nullified on March 19, 2019, 03:47:10 AM
Oh boy. And I remember, it seems so recent, they were concerned about you selling back unused supplies at a profit.

I get the impression you can't say much, but I cannot help but assume that the fun this will result in is the kind that ends, much like a water hammer in a sewage treatment plant, with a loud bang and a slowly rising mass of steaming, toxic muck.

(Yeah, I've been rereading the thread.)

I knew something was in the wind, so I had been opening 1.5 projects for every one I closed since last December.  Now there's a fair stack of current projects going that all require attention.  I hadn't seen a need to brief anyone.  I am sure things will be fine.
Molon Lube

LMNO

Doktor Howl

So, the dickhead that fired us just called me 10 minutes ago and asked where he can find the projections on <project>.

:lulz:

"I'll send you a rate card."
Molon Lube

Q. G. Pennyworth

Quote from: Doktor Howl on March 21, 2019, 03:20:25 AM
So, the dickhead that fired us just called me 10 minutes ago and asked where he can find the projections on <project>.

What a fuckin chode

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Q. G. Pennyworth on March 21, 2019, 03:26:23 AM
Quote from: Doktor Howl on March 21, 2019, 03:20:25 AM

What a fuckin chode

My rates are very reasonable.  $600/hour, minimum 4 hours.
Molon Lube

chaotic neutral observer

Quote from: Doktor Howl on March 21, 2019, 03:55:23 AM
"Plus mileage and expenses."
Desine fata deum flecti sperare precando.

Doktor Howl

Quote from: chaotic neutral observer on March 21, 2019, 04:04:10 AM
Quote from: Doktor Howl on March 21, 2019, 03:55:23 AM
"Plus mileage and expenses."

Obviously.  This is now a contract gig, if it's any sort of gig at all.
Molon Lube

LMNO

It's amazing how people fail to recognize "what are you gonna do, fire me?" is an actual thing.