News:

Mr Rogers is above all that nonsense.

Main Menu

The Compleat Billy Chronicles (thanks to Zenpatista)

Started by Doktor Howl, November 15, 2017, 01:33:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

altered

Quote from: Anna Mae Bollocks on January 24, 2020, 01:25:11 AM
Quote from: Doktor Howl on January 23, 2020, 05:29:41 PM
Quote from: altered on January 23, 2020, 01:07:36 PM
It occurs to me that I need to offer Dok my condolences.

Whether through misfortune or through insufficient forward thinking, he has doubtlessly improved the lives of dozens of primates at the very least. In the most extreme case, he might have fundamentally changed life for the better for all these stinking apes, however unlikely that may be.

While this has happened in the past, such as when he introduced recreational cannibalism to popular culture, this is not a case of unintended consequences or public misinterpretation. No, Hamish has no one to blame but himself for helping improve the lives of definitely some hairless monkeys. There is no one else to blame.

So I would just like to say: I'm sorry, and it will get worse again soon. It ALWAYS does. Promise.

(Also, NICE. This is awesome. Congrats!)

It will actually help drive lots of things.  Maybe even quality of life.  Maybe.  But it moves me closer to MY goal in the process.

I have hair.
I still want my recreational cannibalism, DAMNIT.

You don't have hair, you have Morgellons.
"I am that worst of all type of criminal...I cannot bring myself to do what you tell me, because you told me."

There's over 100 of us in this meat-suit. You'd think it runs like a ship, but it's more like a hundred and ten angry ghosts having an old-school QuakeWorld tournament, three people desperately trying to make sure the gamers don't go hungry or soil themselves, and the Facilities manager weeping in the corner as the garbage piles high.

Anna Mae Bollocks

Scantily-Clad Inspector of Gigantic and Unnecessary Cashews, Texas Division

altered

Except with hair, and no coke. Otherwise, basically yeah. :lulz: It's a rabbit hole of crazy worth going down, all these people have lost the narrative of reality years ago and now conspiracy theories keep them from coming back.
"I am that worst of all type of criminal...I cannot bring myself to do what you tell me, because you told me."

There's over 100 of us in this meat-suit. You'd think it runs like a ship, but it's more like a hundred and ten angry ghosts having an old-school QuakeWorld tournament, three people desperately trying to make sure the gamers don't go hungry or soil themselves, and the Facilities manager weeping in the corner as the garbage piles high.

Doktor Howl

So, programming a new controller that we haven't used before.

One of the parameters wasn't right and it displayed:

Error 009; default to main?

As God is my witness, I have no idea what I should do.
Molon Lube

Faust

The PLC is probably right, Maine is supposed to be lovely this time of year
Sleepless nights at the chateau

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Faust on January 29, 2020, 05:13:50 PM
The PLC is probably right, Maine is supposed to be lovely this time of year

Maine is never lovely.

I am more concerned that Hirley0 may have been even more correct than I thought.
Molon Lube

chaotic neutral observer

Quote from: Doktor Howl on January 29, 2020, 05:08:43 PM

Hunt down whoever is responsible for that useless error message and punch them continuously until they fix it.
Keep punching them for a while after they've fixed it, too, as a matter of general principle.
Desine fata deum flecti sperare precando.

Doktor Howl

Quote from: chaotic neutral observer on January 29, 2020, 06:12:04 PM

Hunt down whoever is responsible for that useless error message and punch them continuously until they fix it.
Keep punching them for a while after they've fixed it, too, as a matter of general principle.

One does not hunt down Hirley0
Molon Lube

The Wizard Joseph

Quote from: Doktor Howl on January 29, 2020, 06:15:38 PM

You can only seek without finding Hirley0, or find Hirley0 without seeking. Which may mean Hirley0 is the essence of the Tao or some shit, IDK.

But on that note...
You can't get out backward.  You have to go forward to go back.. better press on! - Willie Wonka, PBUH

Life can be seen as a game with no reset button, no extra lives, and if the power goes out there is no restarting.  If that's all you see life as you are not long for this world, and never will get it.

"Ayn Rand never swung a hammer in her life and had serious dominance issues" - The Fountainhead

"World domination is such an ugly phrase. I prefer to call it world optimisation."
- Harry Potter and the Methods of Rationality :lulz:

"You program the controller to do the thing, only it doesn't do the thing.  It does something else entirely, or nothing at all.  It's like voting."
- Billy, Aug 21st, 2019

"It's not even chaos anymore. It's BANAL."
- Doktor Hamish Howl

tyrannosaurus vex

Quote from: The Wizard Joseph on January 29, 2020, 07:48:50 PM

You can only seek without finding Hirley0, or find Hirley0 without seeking. Which may mean Hirley0 is the essence of the Tao or some shit, IDK.

But on that note...

The mystery was always staring us in the face. His name wasn't Hirley1 for a reason.
Evil and Unfeeling Arse-Flenser From The City of the Damned.

The Wizard Joseph

Quote from: tyrannosaurus vex on January 29, 2020, 08:00:06 PM
Quote from: The Wizard Joseph on January 29, 2020, 07:48:50 PM

But on that note...

The mystery was always staring us in the face. His name wasn't Hirley1 for a reason.

I just attempted to enter "hirley" into Google translate. It is not found among the languages of humanity, even as a proper noun. The translation language detector desperately insisted that it must be an English word after I tremblingly tapped enter, perhaps because it knows I speak English by my location, and yet it has absolutely no definition anywhere at all. It's a complete lack of definition merged with a "0". So I asked Google what sort of number 0 was.

Quote0 is a rational, whole, integer and real number. Some definitions include it as a natural number and some don't (starting at 1 instead).Jun 28, 2015 

Being whole, yet of no substance
Being rational, yet without self definition
Being an integer, yet nonexistent
Being real, and yet an expression of non-realness

Let us not argue about naturalness, it would be unseemly. Hirley0 is only defined by Hirley0.
You can't get out backward.  You have to go forward to go back.. better press on! - Willie Wonka, PBUH

Life can be seen as a game with no reset button, no extra lives, and if the power goes out there is no restarting.  If that's all you see life as you are not long for this world, and never will get it.

"Ayn Rand never swung a hammer in her life and had serious dominance issues" - The Fountainhead

"World domination is such an ugly phrase. I prefer to call it world optimisation."

"You program the controller to do the thing, only it doesn't do the thing.  It does something else entirely, or nothing at all.  It's like voting."
- Billy, Aug 21st, 2019

- Doktor Hamish Howl

Pergamos

0 as a rational number kind of makes my brain hurt, since you can't divide by zero and ratios are division.  I mean, you can, but the resulting number is not rational, real, or even complex or imaginary.

The Wizard Joseph

Quote from: Pergamos on January 30, 2020, 12:44:08 AM
0 as a rational number kind of makes my brain hurt, since you can't divide by zero and ratios are division.  I mean, you can, but the resulting number is not rational, real, or even complex or imaginary.

I have it on good authority that all you have to do is breathe properly and it all becomes much more tolerable, if not actually ok.

- Billy, Aug 21st, 2019

- Doktor Hamish Howl

Doktor Howl

0 as a rational number kind of makes my brain hurt, since you can't divide by zero and ratios are division.

Yes you can.
Molon Lube

LMNO

Quote from: Doktor Howl on January 31, 2020, 12:58:23 PM
0 as a rational number kind of makes my brain hurt, since you can't divide by zero and ratios are division.

Yes you can.

You're just gonna go giving the secrets away, aren't you?