News:

Bigotry is abound, apprently, within these boards.  There is a level of supposed tolerance I will have no part of.  Obviously, it seems to be well-embraced here.  I have finally found something more fucked up than what I'm used to.  Congrats. - Ruby

Main Menu

The Compleat Billy Chronicles (thanks to Zenpatista)

Started by Doktor Howl, November 15, 2017, 01:33:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Suu on March 27, 2020, 04:17:28 AM
Quote from: Doktor Howl on March 27, 2020, 03:01:02 AM
I have gained two more research monkeys, Kyle and Cassie.  Kyle is me with less horrible (he's young).  It's actually kinda creepy how much he reminds me of me.

Cassie is a hillbilly from some godforsaken state, but she's smart as hell.  Only when she walks in the room all the young guys get dumb as hell.  Thank God I'm ancient and vile and cannot be swayed by that sort of shit anymore.  Cassie has also apparently wrecked 3 cars in 5 months, so she is excused from driving me to meetings across town.

Besides, I like having Norton drive, because he flinches when I say fucked up shit, and that can make things interesting on the on-ramp.  Neither Kyle nor Cassie seem to have any sort of flinch reaction at all, and regularly say worse shit than I say.

At some point, I went from being "the crazy bastard in the North annex" to "running a lab" which frankly I never saw coming.

My bosses are all hiding at home from the plague.  I have a mob of research assistants and a shit ton of funding. 

Don't you wish you were me?

AND NORTON IS DRIVING CAR.

Well, I'm not driving.  I'm the boss.
Molon Lube

Doktor Howl

Tucson just went full lockdown.

I am waiting for the nature of our work to exempt my team, but that will take a couple of days.  So vacation time.
Molon Lube

Doktor Howl

Today, at work

Norton:  "So we're essential people?"

Me:  "Some of us are."
Molon Lube

Doktor Howl

Also today at work:

Norton:  "So if we're the important guys, how come we're working and the non-essential people are staying at home and still getting paid?"

Me:  "Oh, somewhere in this favoured land the sun is shining bright, The band is playing somewhere, and somewhere hearts are light; And somewhere men are laughing, and somewhere children shout,
But there is no joy in Mudville—Because I am the mayor of Mudville and fuck you."
Molon Lube

Cain

Quotehow come we're working and the non-essential people are staying at home and still getting paid?

It sounds like Norton isn't down with capitalism.

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Cain on March 31, 2020, 08:54:34 PM
Quotehow come we're working and the non-essential people are staying at home and still getting paid?

It sounds like Norton isn't down with capitalism.

Norton is entirely too down with Morrissey or some shit.

It's a fucking pandemic.  NO WHINING.
Molon Lube

Doktor Howl

Apparently the phrase "sounding like a covid ward beat box" is rude or some shit.
Molon Lube

Cain

Doktor Howl

In the effort to improve social distancing, we have replaced handshakes with rude gestures and a hearty "FUCK YOU" from down the hall.
Molon Lube

The Wizard Joseph

Quote from: Doktor Howl on April 07, 2020, 05:41:33 AM
In the effort to improve social distancing, we have replaced handshakes with rude gestures and a hearty "FUCK YOU" from down the hall.
:lulz: :lulz: :lulz: Now that's a healthy response to a shit situation.
You can't get out backward.  You have to go forward to go back.. better press on! - Willie Wonka, PBUH

Life can be seen as a game with no reset button, no extra lives, and if the power goes out there is no restarting.  If that's all you see life as you are not long for this world, and never will get it.

"Ayn Rand never swung a hammer in her life and had serious dominance issues" - The Fountainhead

"World domination is such an ugly phrase. I prefer to call it world optimisation."
- Harry Potter and the Methods of Rationality :lulz:

"You program the controller to do the thing, only it doesn't do the thing.  It does something else entirely, or nothing at all.  It's like voting."
- Billy, Aug 21st, 2019

"It's not even chaos anymore. It's BANAL."
- Doktor Hamish Howl

Cain

You should insist on communicating only by semaphore.

altered

Semaphore and howling.

You can communicate intensity by volume, and mood by pitch. Plus you don't need to risk people walking into each other around corners if they're howling like dying animals the entire time they wander around.

If visitors aren't concerned about animal cruelty then it isn't loud enough.
"I am that worst of all type of criminal...I cannot bring myself to do what you tell me, because you told me."

There's over 100 of us in this meat-suit. You'd think it runs like a ship, but it's more like a hundred and ten angry ghosts having an old-school QuakeWorld tournament, three people desperately trying to make sure the gamers don't go hungry or soil themselves, and the Facilities manager weeping in the corner as the garbage piles high.

Junkenstein

Quote from: altered on April 07, 2020, 06:42:38 AM
Semaphore and howling.

You can communicate intensity by volume, and mood by pitch. Plus you don't need to risk people walking into each other around corners if they're howling like dying animals the entire time they wander around.

If visitors aren't concerned about animal cruelty then it isn't loud enough.

I support this concept. Prove you are fit to work via barbaric YALP.
Nine naked Men just walking down the road will cause a heap of trouble for all concerned.

Faust

Sometimes the spam bots use keywords to find target forums: we just had one trying to peddle ISO90001, this thread has gotten us associated with tags like "engineering", "science" and "questionable ethics"
Sleepless nights at the chateau

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Faust on April 14, 2020, 02:26:00 PM
Sometimes the spam bots use keywords to find target forums: we just had one trying to peddle ISO90001, this thread has gotten us associated with tags like "engineering", "science" and "questionable ethics"

I'm so proud.   :lol:
Molon Lube