News:

That line from the father's song in Mary Poppins, where he's going on about how nothing can go wrong, in Britain in 1910.  That's about the point I realized the boy was gonna die in a trench.

Main Menu

The Compleat Billy Chronicles (thanks to Zenpatista)

Started by Doktor Howl, November 15, 2017, 01:33:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

altered

Quote from: Doktor Howl on June 18, 2020, 02:28:57 AM
My job might be moving to Wyoming.

This is bullshit.  Wyoming is cold as fuck, and there's fuck all to do.

I hear you can farm llamas pretty easy out there, maybe you could convince Norton your team needs a mascot
"I am that worst of all type of criminal...I cannot bring myself to do what you tell me, because you told me."

There's over 100 of us in this meat-suit. You'd think it runs like a ship, but it's more like a hundred and ten angry ghosts having an old-school QuakeWorld tournament, three people desperately trying to make sure the gamers don't go hungry or soil themselves, and the Facilities manager weeping in the corner as the garbage piles high.

Doktor Howl

Quote from: altered on June 18, 2020, 02:30:24 AM
Quote from: Doktor Howl on June 18, 2020, 02:28:57 AM
My job might be moving to Wyoming.

This is bullshit.  Wyoming is cold as fuck, and there's fuck all to do.

I hear you can farm llamas pretty easy out there, maybe you could convince Norton your team needs a mascot

Norton is from Nebraska.  He won't last two days in Wyoming.  They'll pick his bones clean for no good reason.
Molon Lube

altered

Let's be honest here, the main difference between Nebraska and Wyoming is that Nebraska has the color green
"I am that worst of all type of criminal...I cannot bring myself to do what you tell me, because you told me."

There's over 100 of us in this meat-suit. You'd think it runs like a ship, but it's more like a hundred and ten angry ghosts having an old-school QuakeWorld tournament, three people desperately trying to make sure the gamers don't go hungry or soil themselves, and the Facilities manager weeping in the corner as the garbage piles high.

Doktor Howl

Quote from: altered on June 18, 2020, 03:12:55 AM
Let's be honest here, the main difference between Nebraska and Wyoming is that Nebraska has the color green

People in Nebraska are parochial.  People in Wyoming murder Matthew Shepard.
Molon Lube

Cain

You can't even flee to Canada. You have to go across Montana first :(

altered

Quote from: Cain on June 18, 2020, 03:53:39 AM
You can't even flee to Canada. You have to go across Montana first :(

I was in Montana for three days.

They're so disorganized that they have their own, state-specific food delivery service. It doesn't have an app or a mobile-friendly website. The website looks like the front page of this forum. None of the food delivery apps support a single location in all of Montana, so you have no choice. Also, there is no Lyft, only Uber. And their rate is four times the going rate anywhere else per mile. Yes, even downtown Chicago. I had to take an actual TAXI to the Greyhound station. The kind of taxi that is literally a beige Oldsmobile land barge with a yellow light on a suction cup with a wire running to the cigarette lighter socket.

This was in BUTTE. Montana is fucking dire.

If you make your move in the summer, they'll never know you were there. Promise.

Doktor Howl

Molon Lube

Doktor Howl

Well, that was more fire damage than I expected.
Molon Lube

Cain

altered

Did it burn a hole in anything or anyone irreplaceable?

chaotic neutral observer

Desine fata deum flecti sperare precando.

Cain

Quote from: chaotic neutral observer on June 30, 2020, 01:36:52 AM
Quote from: Doktor Howl on June 30, 2020, 12:58:56 AM

How much were you expecting?

I'm choosing to believe that the fire was only, in fact, put out just now.

altered

Doktor Howl

Quote from: altered on June 30, 2020, 01:03:22 AM
Did it burn a hole in anything or anyone irreplaceable?

It fucked our power distribution.  Scorched a bunch of conduit in the 240 VAC transformer room.  So I have 480 VAC and some 120 VAC, but until I get the conduit yanked out and replaced, I can only bring 2 departments back.

We'll be fully back on line by the end of the week.  We pulled some Apollo 13 shit today to get the servers online so at least we can ship and receive.
Molon Lube

Doktor Howl

Quote from: chaotic neutral observer on June 30, 2020, 01:36:52 AM
Quote from: Doktor Howl on June 30, 2020, 12:58:56 AM

How much were you expecting?

I was expecting to lose the carbon cave and polishing.
Molon Lube