News:

Don't get me wrong, I greatly appreciate the fact that you're at least putting effort into sincerely arguing your points. It's an argument I've enjoyed having. It's just that your points are wrong and your reasons for thinking they're right are stupid.

Main Menu

The Compleat Billy Chronicles (thanks to Zenpatista)

Started by Doktor Howl, November 15, 2017, 01:33:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anna Mae Bollocks

Quote from: Doktor Howl on April 11, 2022, 10:38:40 PM
Quote from: Anna Mae Bollocks on April 11, 2022, 10:09:59 PM
*looks around*
No commentary on this? That must have been some pandemic.

It's more that PD is a combination scratchpad/museum now.  We have about 5 regular posters, by which I mean "posts once in a week."

Also, some folks aren't allowed to talk to me because you know.

Still?  :horrormirth:

Scantily-Clad Inspector of Gigantic and Unnecessary Cashews, Texas Division

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Anna Mae Bollocks on April 14, 2022, 09:04:32 PM
*looks around*

It's more that PD is a combination scratchpad/museum now.  We have about 5 regular posters, by which I mean "posts once in a week."

And they have to ask permission to have a conversation with her.

:lulz:

I have seen grown-ass adults actually submit to that.

Molon Lube

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Faust on April 14, 2022, 09:35:52 AM
I did a double take when I got to "Bones", cant fault that knowledge of his process control though, takes someone who really loves their system to think of ways to improve them like

Well, it's not our system, we just get paid to make things more efficient.

It went really well, too.  We got a whole cow through the grinder in less than 5 minutes.
Molon Lube

altered

Mother of God. A whole cow is a lot of bone, fat and cartilage. Is the machine okay after that?
"I am that worst of all type of criminal...I cannot bring myself to do what you tell me, because you told me."

There's over 100 of us in this meat-suit. You'd think it runs like a ship, but it's more like a hundred and ten angry ghosts having an old-school QuakeWorld tournament, three people desperately trying to make sure the gamers don't go hungry or soil themselves, and the Facilities manager weeping in the corner as the garbage piles high.

Doktor Howl

Quote from: altered on April 15, 2022, 01:32:37 AM
Mother of God. A whole cow is a lot of bone, fat and cartilage. Is the machine okay after that?

It is.  There was more spray than anticipated.
Molon Lube

altered

PLEASE tell me there's a budget line-item for cow-shrapnel-resistant kevlar vests. I need this joy. Lie if you must.
"I am that worst of all type of criminal...I cannot bring myself to do what you tell me, because you told me."

There's over 100 of us in this meat-suit. You'd think it runs like a ship, but it's more like a hundred and ten angry ghosts having an old-school QuakeWorld tournament, three people desperately trying to make sure the gamers don't go hungry or soil themselves, and the Facilities manager weeping in the corner as the garbage piles high.

chaotic neutral observer

Quote from: Doktor Howl on April 15, 2022, 12:53:28 AM
It went really well, too.  We got a whole cow through the grinder in less than 5 minutes.

Newsfeed.
Desine fata deum flecti sperare precando.

Faust

I did a double take when I got to "Bones", cant fault that knowledge of his process control though, takes someone who really loves their system to think of ways to improve them like

A whole cow, thats like 5-6 People a minute!
Sleepless nights at the chateau

Anna Mae Bollocks

Quote from: Doktor Howl on April 15, 2022, 12:52:17 AM
Quote from: Anna Mae Bollocks on April 14, 2022, 09:04:32 PM
*looks around*

And they have to ask permission to have a conversation with her.

:lulz:

I have seen grown-ass adults actually submit to that.

I've heard of such behavior. But it's supposed involve whips and foot licking.
I'm not sure if you're describing half-ass humiliation, or humiliation so extreme that they don't even get the whole package.

Anna Mae Bollocks

Quote from: Doktor Howl on April 15, 2022, 02:02:24 AM
Quote from: altered on April 15, 2022, 01:32:37 AM

It is.  There was more spray than anticipated.

:peedee:

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Faust on April 15, 2022, 10:25:35 AM

A whole cow, thats like 5-6 People a minute!

I keep telling them that, but they keep looking at me all sideways and pointing at the contract, which specifies "dead animals".  Humans ARE animals.
Molon Lube

Doktor Howl

Quote from: altered on April 15, 2022, 02:04:44 AM
PLEASE tell me there's a budget line-item for cow-shrapnel-resistant kevlar vests. I need this joy. Lie if you must.

It's a little finer than "shrapnel".  It's more like a splash shield for your face and a big apron.
Molon Lube

altered

DAMN. We can't have nice things. Rowling is still drawing breath and the grinder won't murder a man who is calmly and innocently watching a cow slurped down its mechanical gullet from ten feet away. Fuck it all.

Weaponized Cowgrinder is my new brutal death metal band name anyway.

Doktor Howl

I got a call from a colleague who is still in the biz, although at a different company that I was at.

They tried to design a drone that would mine metals out of landfills, but they forgot to put in any kind of IFF.

So the drones scrapped each other, as they were the highest concentration of metal in the immediate area.

This makes me feel even more optimistic about the future than I normally am.
Molon Lube

chaotic neutral observer

Quote from: Doktor Howl on April 27, 2022, 01:57:30 AM
So the drones scrapped each other, as they were the highest concentration of metal in the immediate area.

That is so beautiful it almost brings a tear to my eye.
Desine fata deum flecti sperare precando.