Your favorite chapter or section from the Principia Discordia?

Started by THE QLIPHITISER, December 14, 2017, 10:51:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

THE QLIPHITISER

For those who get their kicks and bemusement from reading the central sacred text, lets start some particular discussion on it? See if we can summon an insurance agent?  8)
Follower of the 'Kacalinstanphia' branch of Discordianism, which emphasizes a hyper-meta-doctrine of parachaos field theory in relation to dancing submariner zombies, in accordance with Eris' decent into the megazone of the universal mind - which cannot be seen but is felt by all.

0              5              7              11:11                12                      13                     23                 69                        93                666                777                       ∞ / ∞

Everything is a lie, nothing is relative

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Accelerated Evolution on December 14, 2017, 10:51:28 PM
For those who get their kicks and bemusement from reading the central sacred text, lets start some particular discussion on it? See if we can summon an insurance agent?  8)

I have a copy, but I've never read it.
Molon Lube

LMNO

A Sermon on Ethics is probably my favorite.

Bitter Tea and Starbuck's Pebbles run a close second and third.

Cramulus

The bit on Grids - which I've discovered likely came from Alan Watts. Alan Watts had a radio show at Berkely in the late 50s, and teen Mal and Omar probably listened to it. Here's a section from his book  On The Tabboo Against Knowing Who You Are - http://cramul.us/post/27126060129/from-alan-watts-on-the-tabboo-against-knowing - looks a lot like the Reality Grids section, right?

"Some say he was a holy man, others say he was a shit head." - this one brings me down to earth when I need it

"Oh well, then stop"

And so it is that we, as men, do not exist until we do; and then it is that we play with our world of existent things, and order and disorder them, and so it shall be that Non-existence shall take us back from Existence, and that nameless Spirituality shall return to Void, like a tired child home from a very wild circus.

Ziegejunge

I don't like to play favorites, but the sections that seem nearest to my heart -- and the ones I feel represent Discordia well when explaining the philosophy to others -- are:

- Starbuck's Pebbles (an excellent primer for / example of the concept of reality tunnels.)
- Curse of Greyface and also Salvation (these complimentary sections are a great reminder to not take myself so seriously. Also a personal well of hope.)
- The Curse of Greyface and the Introduction of Negativism (aka the Order/Disorder/Creative/Destructive matrix. As someone who grew up locked in the Order vs. Chaos binary, understanding this concept opened up a new ontological perspective for me and helped rid me of several personal prejudices.)

THE QLIPHITISER

Follower of the 'Kacalinstanphia' branch of Discordianism, which emphasizes a hyper-meta-doctrine of parachaos field theory in relation to dancing submariner zombies, in accordance with Eris' decent into the megazone of the universal mind - which cannot be seen but is felt by all.

0              5              7              11:11                12                      13                     23                 69                        93                666                777                       ∞ / ∞

THE QLIPHITISER

Quote from: Cramulus on December 15, 2017, 02:28:12 PM
"Some say he was a holy man, others say he was a shit head." - this one brings me down to earth when I need it

Same for me too  :)

THE QLIPHITISER

QuoteTHE PARABLE OF THE BITTER TEA
                  by
             Rev. Dr. Hypocrates Magoun, P.P.
           POEE PRIEST, Okinawa Cabal

When Hypoc was through meditating with St. Gulik, he went there into
the kitchen where he busied himself with preparing the feast and in his
endeavor, he found that there was some old tea in a pan left standing from the
night before, when he had in his weakness forgot about its making and had let
it sit steeping for 24 hours. It was dark and murky and it was Hypoc's
intention to use this old tea by diluting it with water. And again in his
weakness, chose without further consideration and plunged into the physical
labor of the preparations. It was then when deeply immersed in the pleasure of
that trip, he had a sudden loud clear voice in his head saying "it is bitter
tea that involves you so." Hypoc heard the voice, but the struggle inside
intensified, and the pattern, previously established with the physical laboring
and the muscle messages coordinated and unified or perhaps coded, continued to
exert their influence and Hypoc succummed to the pressure and he denied the
voice.
   And again he plunged into the physical orgy and completed the task, and
Lo as the voice had predicted, the tea was bitter.

"The Five Laws have root in awareness."
               --Che Fung (Ezra Pound, Canto 85)

The Hell Law says that Hell is reserved exclusively for them that believe in
it. Further, the lowest Rung in Hell is reserved for them that believe in it on
the supposition that they'll go there if they don't.
     HBT; The Gospel According to Fred, 3:1

dannyjones

My favourite chapter of Principia Discordia is "CHAPTER 5: THE PIONEERS"
I love that portion...
:)

Danny Jones form MW Solutions, a senior academic writer and Lover of Principia Discordia.

Faust

Sleepless nights at the chateau

WidgetOtaku

That drawing of the ostrich with its head in the hole... He must be seeing something incredible imho!
"You've scoffed at my creations... Now look upon my work and despair!"

bpseudopod

The Turkey Curse is what I remember most fondly, and indeed the only part of that book I remember with any particular clarity.

I've yet to actually use it. I know you aren't supposed to ACTUALLY use it, but I kinda wanna try it anyways, just to see what would happen.

THE QLIPHITISER

THE QLIPHITISER

The POEE Baptismal Rite is another favorite  :lol:
It's definitely a nod towards Crowley's Gnostic Mass :fap:

Cramulus