News:

PD.com: promoting the nomadic, war-like and democratic lupine culture since 2002

Main Menu

Your favorite chapter or section from the Principia Discordia?

Started by THE QLIPHITISER, December 14, 2017, 10:51:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Doktor Howl

Quote from: bpseudopod on May 24, 2018, 08:11:45 PM
The Turkey Curse is what I remember most fondly, and indeed the only part of that book I remember with any particular clarity.

I've yet to actually use it. I know you aren't supposed to ACTUALLY use it, but I kinda wanna try it anyways, just to see what would happen.

Our in-depth research indicates that it "makes you look like an asshole."
Molon Lube

Cain

Best case scenario: people look confused and say "is it Thanksgiving already" or "what the fuck is up with your goddamn turkey noises".

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Cain on June 05, 2018, 08:08:19 PM
Best case scenario: people look confused and say "is it Thanksgiving already" or "what the fuck is up with your goddamn turkey noises".

In the United States, the police may just roll up on you and shoot you in your face.  YMMV.
Molon Lube

LMNO

Quote from: Doktor Howl on June 05, 2018, 08:09:39 PM

In the United States, the police may just roll up on you and shoot you in your face.  YMMV.

Probabilities based upon melanin content.

Cain

tbh though, that can happen regardless. 

Doktor Howl

Quote from: LMNO on June 05, 2018, 08:15:59 PM

Probabilities based upon melanin content.

Melanin content, poverty, in that order.  Black dudes are shot for holding a cell phone, white kids are calmly arrested after murdering a couple of dozen people at the local high school.

Just imagine what would happen if someone that was poor and non-White started making gobbling noises at someone on the subway.  They wouldn't know which bullet holes to bleed out of once the MBTA cops were done with them.
Molon Lube

LMNO

"I feared for my life."
                                        \

THE QLIPHITISER

Quote from: LMNO on December 15, 2017, 01:02:25 PM
A Sermon on Ethics is probably my favorite.

Bitter Tea and Starbuck's Pebbles run a close second and third.

That one is a great one! It is at it's core, a very thought-provoking section 👍
Follower of the 'Kacalinstanphia' branch of Discordianism, which emphasizes a hyper-meta-doctrine of parachaos field theory in relation to dancing submariner zombies, in accordance with Eris' decent into the megazone of the universal mind - which cannot be seen but is felt by all.

0              5              7              11:11                12                      13                     23                 69                        93                666                777                       ∞ / ∞

Everything is a lie, nothing is relative

Capeditiea

Well... whenever i perform the turkey curse (which happens about monthly because i am suspicious of those around me... and prefer they would be ...free from the curse of greyface...) i often get the response (in some variation.) "What the hell are you doing?"
Which then this response transforms me into a cat... and i flee the scene before they realize what just happened.

Though the most memorable experience was when a fellow who i just happened to be walking down the street and meeting, decided it was a great idea to counter it with a turkey curse... :O which shocked me... so a pleasantly asked them, "Are you a discordian?"
they had no idea what i was talking about. :D so i assume to this day that i have accidently performed the turkey curse on another discordian... who is now probably a super discordian.
The Goddess of Discord = 67 = Eris Kallisti Discordja = 67 = Gnosis Goddess of Art and Creativity = 67 = Capeditiea = 67 = Goddess of Enigma
[GoN]

Quote from: Doktor Howl on September 05, 2018, 10:21:16 PM
It was fucking horrible.  Do not trust your younger self.

minuspace

Quote from: Cramulus on December 15, 2017, 02:28:12 PM
The bit on Grids - which I've discovered likely came from Alan Watts. Alan Watts had a radio show at Berkely in the late 50s, and teen Mal and Omar probably listened to it. Here's a section from his book  On The Tabboo Against Knowing Who You Are - http://cramul.us/post/27126060129/from-alan-watts-on-the-tabboo-against-knowing - looks a lot like the Reality Grids section, right?

"Some say he was a holy man, others say he was a shit head." - this one brings me down to earth when I need it

"Oh well, then stop"

And so it is that we, as men, do not exist until we do; and then it is that we play with our world of existent things, and order and disorder them, and so it shall be that Non-existence shall take us back from Existence, and that nameless Spirituality shall return to Void, like a tired child home from a very wild circus.

Remnds me of Foucault 1969, surfaces of emergence and grids of specification. Very fond of The Book.

THE QLIPHITISER

Follower of the 'Kacalinstanphia' branch of Discordianism, which emphasizes a hyper-meta-doctrine of parachaos field theory in relation to dancing submariner zombies, in accordance with Eris' decent into the megazone of the universal mind - which cannot be seen but is felt by all.

0              5              7              11:11                12                      13                     23                 69                        93                666                777                       ∞ / ∞

minuspace

THE QLIPHITISER

Daily reminder:

Bullshit makes flowers grow, and that's beautiful!

Doktor Howl

Quote from: THE QLIPHITISER on July 24, 2018, 09:18:55 AM
Daily reminder:

Bullshit makes flowers grow, and that's beautiful!

50 year old jokes just poison the soil, though.
Molon Lube

trippinprincezz13

My favorite part is the one where we learned that we're all Tyler Durden.
There's no sun shine coming through her ass, if you are sure of your penis.

Paranoia is a disease unto itself, and may I add, the person standing next to you, may not be who they appear to be, so take precaution.

If there is no order in your sexual life it may be difficult to stay with a whole skin.