News:

Testimonial: "This board is everything that's fucking wrong with the internet"

Main Menu

It's me! Ask Me Anything!

Started by Mr. Gone, December 17, 2017, 03:21:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mr. Gone

Re-introduction:

Because this is actually Rev. What's-His-Name?  Yes, I just can't stay away.  But really, how could I?  I joined the board back in 2005, during some chaotic years in my life.  Stuck in a going-nowhere retail job while finishing a Master's degree at a snail's pace, plus all kind of personal-life shenanigans that we just WON'T go into.  So it was really great to discover the PD, Discordianism and all that jazz, but also this place with a lot of cool cats who GET IT.  Plus the BIP, the Reality Safari's, and all kind of other projects.  So it was a big deal for me.  So yeah, it's kind of hard to totally leave behind something like this which proved to be pretty damned formative. 

And then the drug threads happened.

Now, I'm not coming here to tell you "I've changed man!".  My philosophy around drugs is pretty much the same.  BUT, the thing I've come to realize is that you don't have to go to the hilt every single time the topic comes up.  You can believe what you can believe, but there are times and places to go at it like you are ready to die on the hill.  (Plus it's all downhill from there anyway).  In other words, I was a party to escalating things far beyond where they needed to be escalated in those conversations.  I regret that.  I also realize I needlessly got hung up about people using my real name here, as I've come to find out when you get involved in the politics of marijuana, your name is going to get out no matter what, and the people on the other side are going to hate you no matter what.  So I don't know why I made such an issue out of that.  Well, you live and you learn right? 

So anyhoo, I started up this account awhile back, mostly just to be able to read what you guys were coming up with.  In these days of the Trump Administration Extravaganza, any little bit of Slack or Nonsense helps.  It really sucks out there. 

And to just cut to the Elephant, you guys do what you must with me.  I would ask for your consideration to let me remain and rejoin the fold.  I could give a fuck talking about drugs (I mean I do it all day for work anyway), and I don't feel as Punny these days, but obviously you guys do you as far as what you want to do with me.  But I'd like to continue to hang as the real me if you'd be so bold. 

So, hola, and uh, ask me anything! 

Cain

When speccing a Templar for the healer role, is it better to evolve Cleansing Ritual into Extended Ritual for additional healing over time benefits, or instead morph it into Ritual of Retribution so that you can deploy AoE damage alongside heals and keep your DPS up?

tyrannosaurus vex

a. i knew it was you anyway. i mean the nickname was sort of a giveaway.
b. how do you find time to post online these days at all, what with the world literally unravelling in 3 or 4 states and all the pot zombies running around murdering innocent people?
c. okay whatever i hardly ever post anyway it isn't like i'm the management.
Evil and Unfeeling Arse-Flenser From The City of the Damned.

Mr. Gone

Quote from: Cain on December 17, 2017, 04:08:03 PM
When speccing a Templar for the healer role, is it better to evolve Cleansing Ritual into Extended Ritual for additional healing over time benefits, or instead morph it into Ritual of Retribution so that you can deploy AoE damage alongside heals and keep your DPS up?

I think that last thing.  But I'd wear a helmet.

Mr. Gone

Quote from: tyrannosaurus vex on December 17, 2017, 06:07:28 PM
a. i knew it was you anyway. i mean the nickname was sort of a giveaway.

Really?  It was intended as a reference to the character from The Maxx, not necessarily anything that had anything to do with me.

Quoteb. how do you find time to post online these days at all, what with the world literally unravelling in 3 or 4 states and all the pot zombies running around murdering innocent people?

Outsourcing.  It's the American Way!

Quotec. okay whatever i hardly ever post anyway it isn't like i'm the management.

:magick:

It's been awhile since I've emoji-ed here, so I think that was the right one, but who knows. 

Faust

There are a lot of people who want you back, and a lot who you drove to distraction, It will be with them, the decision is made... No one wants a return to the lost two year argument on drugs, especially not now on the advent of the death of social media and return of long form discussion.

An addict often can't help but feed their habit, we can't be seen to be enabling your drug-topic need, as such your first step towards recovery:

If you post in a drug thread or about drugs in another thread, you will be banned again immediately
Sleepless nights at the chateau

Mr. Gone

Cool.  And of course I would expect as much for the terms. 

I think for now I'll hang with this handle though.  I'm using the RWHN handle on Twitter, if any of you tweet these days.  I mean, I wouldn't blame you if you didn't.  It's a real bastion of crappola!

THE QLIPHITISER

Is? or is not which is? or is not which isn't which is?   :?
Follower of the 'Kacalinstanphia' branch of Discordianism, which emphasizes a hyper-meta-doctrine of parachaos field theory in relation to dancing submariner zombies, in accordance with Eris' decent into the megazone of the universal mind - which cannot be seen but is felt by all.

0              5              7              11:11                12                      13                     23                 69                        93                666                777                       ∞ / ∞

Everything is a lie, nothing is relative

trix

Welcome back!!

I for one quite enjoyed the marijuana discussions, before they became about personal attacks and bruised egos.  Don't get me wrong, I disagree with your point of view on the subject to the maximum extent possible, but I am not here for an echo chamber and your point of view was interesting and enlightening and helped me quite a bit in understanding people I know in my life that share your opinions on the matter.

I always liked your stuff and wanted your return.

That said...  NO PUNS!?  What the hell, man.  GTFO!
There's good news tonight.  And bad news.  First, the bad news: there is no good news.  Now, the good news: you don't have to listen to the bad news.
Zen Without Zen Masters

Quote from: Cain
Gender is a social construct.  As society, we get to choose your gender.

hooplala

Welcome back RWHN,

I too suspected you were you, based solely on your new handle. My memory is a couple of the times you've popped in in the past you used similar monikers... I could be wrong. Having said that, you're not missing all that much here... a handful of posts per week.
"Soon all of us will have special names" — Professor Brian O'Blivion

"Now's not the time to get silly, so wear your big boots and jump on the garbage clowns." — Bob Dylan?

"Do I contradict myself?
Very well then I contradict myself,
(I am large, I contain multitudes.)"
— Walt Whitman

Cramulus

Hi guy! I'm not sure I believe you are who you say you are, but Hi nonetheless.

say something that only RWHN would know. Like what job were you working when you first discovered Eris? I know the answer to that one...

Doktor Howl

How does it feel to be banned again?

1.  Evading a ban.
2.  Banned PD as a whole from another group.
Molon Lube

LMNO

Hey there, RWHN --

Ah.  Right.  Ban evasion.

So it goes.

Well, back to :crackhead:

Faust

*Pours non alcoholic 40 on the kerb*
Sleepless nights at the chateau

Junkenstein

Quote from: Doktor Howl on December 18, 2017, 07:48:08 PM
How does it feel to be banned again?

1.  Evading a ban.
2.  Banned PD as a whole from another group.

Damn.

I kind of wanted to see how long he'd last before cracking. From the dates it would have easily been by now.
Nine naked Men just walking down the road will cause a heap of trouble for all concerned.