News:

Can anyone ever be sufficiently committed to Sparkle Motion?

Main Menu

New Year's Resolutions

Started by Zenpatista, December 31, 2017, 11:51:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zenpatista

New Year's Resolutions piss me off. If it's important, and you resolve to do it, how often does the realization happen on Dec. 31 or Jan. 1?

Despite that, for those of us on the Gregorian calendar I share with you some of my resolutions for the new year. Please add.

I resolve to ....

... ride the rear bumper of every Bastard City Snowbird dawdling in the passing lane - especially if they are driving a prius or subaru.

... bitch about every public official - R or D or Green or Libloony - as much as I can before the acid reflux gets to me.

... love everybody.

... park as close as humanly possible to the guy taking up two spaces with their pristine off road vehicle.

... post here more frequently.

... carry an old sock filled with 1 lb of decking screws at all times. Remember scouts - Be prepared!

... KMFMS and practice my GRIN.

... Finally find a use (or target) for that old triply-sealed bottle of cadaverine in the lab.

Doktor Howl

The bumper thing. Yes.

I resolve to stop being lazy and write more.  Mostly non-fiction.  The Coming Weird Times are HERE, NOW, and I have some useful advice.
Molon Lube

THE QLIPHITISER

My new years resolution for the past few years has been not to make a new years resolution and currently, I have failed every single time. This year, I plan to fail to plan the method that I will fail for new years.
Follower of the 'Kacalinstanphia' branch of Discordianism, which emphasizes a hyper-meta-doctrine of parachaos field theory in relation to dancing submariner zombies, in accordance with Eris' decent into the megazone of the universal mind - which cannot be seen but is felt by all.

0              5              7              11:11                12                      13                     23                 69                        93                666                777                       ∞ / ∞

Everything is a lie, nothing is relative

MMIX

New Years Revolution or it doesn't count
"The ultimate hidden truth of the world is that it is something we make and could just as easily make differently" David Graeber

hooplala

Resolution to finish the first draft of a book by Valentines Day. Probably won't.
"Soon all of us will have special names" — Professor Brian O'Blivion

"Now's not the time to get silly, so wear your big boots and jump on the garbage clowns." — Bob Dylan?

"Do I contradict myself?
Very well then I contradict myself,
(I am large, I contain multitudes.)"
— Walt Whitman

Bu🤠ns

I think I'm going back to 640x480...it IS divinely inspired, afterall

Cramulus

Quote from: Zenpatista on December 31, 2017, 11:51:41 PM
New Year's Resolutions piss me off. If it's important, and you resolve to do it, how often does the realization happen on Dec. 31 or Jan. 1?

these days, I love it.
I am always searching for "shocks" which might shake me out of my routine

you only ask yourself the big questions after a tragedy

It's easy to live in the moment, just responding to day to day concerns. It's important to take a moment to look at your entire life and your greater context and make a decision about it. But you can't do that while you're in the micro.

new years is a hook, it makes you think about the last year - you could use it to zoom out and self-evaluate.

Last year, my new years resolution was to give up Irony on the Internet. Now I don't troll, and I don't flinch about the crappy stuff I actually like.

I don't have a firm resolution yet this year... maybe this will be the year that I figure out the next step of my career.