News:

Endorsement: "I would highly suggest that you steer clear of this website at all costs and disconnect yourself from all affiliation with those involved."

Main Menu

Chicken grows face of dinosaur

Started by Bu🤠ns, January 09, 2018, 03:07:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tyrannosaurus vex

besides, they HAVE my ethical approval. Asking for approval from someone they know will not grant it, or not asking at all, shows a clear bias, and I think it invalidates their findings.
Evil and Unfeeling Arse-Flenser From The City of the Damned.

The Wizard Joseph

Quote from: tyrannosaurus vex on January 11, 2018, 01:36:51 AM
besides, they HAVE my ethical approval. Asking for approval from someone they know will not grant it, or not asking at all, shows a clear bias, and I think it invalidates their findings.

Clearly more study and less restrictions is the only way forward ethically speaking. In this new era of Weirdness nothing is unethical anymore.
You can't get out backward.  You have to go forward to go back.. better press on! - Willie Wonka, PBUH

Life can be seen as a game with no reset button, no extra lives, and if the power goes out there is no restarting.  If that's all you see life as you are not long for this world, and never will get it.

"Ayn Rand never swung a hammer in her life and had serious dominance issues" - The Fountainhead

"World domination is such an ugly phrase. I prefer to call it world optimisation."
- Harry Potter and the Methods of Rationality :lulz:

"You program the controller to do the thing, only it doesn't do the thing.  It does something else entirely, or nothing at all.  It's like voting."
- Billy, Aug 21st, 2019

"It's not even chaos anymore. It's BANAL."
- Doktor Hamish Howl

Fin

Quote from: Cain on January 10, 2018, 04:39:32 PM
Quote from: LMNO on January 10, 2018, 02:10:54 PM
I'm pissed because they decided not to hatch the damned thing.

This is indeed the darkest timeline - the one where people learn from watching endless low budget horror films.
I'm watching endless Boris Karloff mad scientist B pictures. Tonight it's "The Man Who Changed His Mind" . I AM learning something. I want to do a performance of Morgusian Science. For dear friends and friends of Science and those of the Higher Order. Momus Alexander Morgus is an incredible inspiration to me. In his 90's now, retired, not in New Orleans any more but close by. Search out his experiments on YouTube to get a taste.
"Fuck off and die in a car accident or something"  Dr. Howl

Fin

Quote from: Doktor Howl on January 09, 2018, 03:11:16 PM
Quote from: Finn on January 09, 2018, 07:35:38 AM
No sense trying to make non-sense of this board. The live posts this moment: yours, gaming posts, other cramps. Is this all there is? Any of y'all get out of yer house and do somethings? Or is it a sit-in-your-room & post on the internet dealy? ( O.K., I really like the shared art. That r'ocks) But can I show you an image of a mouse with a human ear growing out it's side?  I'll be sitting in my room when I post it.

It's all you, personally, are ever going to see of this board.  Funny thing is, I had you pegged as a good one, and I never do that.  I am Jack's massive feelings of disappointment.

Fuck off and die in a car accident or something.
I may be exactly as you wrote it. Why am I smiling and feel  such joy at your post?  It ain't normal . I fucking hate praise. I'll take the "die in a car accident". Fucking bizarre. That response makes me feel great. Every forum where folks praise me, I light out. Can't stand that shit. Thanks!

Fin

Quote from: Doktor Howl on January 09, 2018, 11:11:34 PM
Quote from: PretentiousMovieDirector on January 09, 2018, 08:31:05 PM
No sense trying to make non-sense of this board. The live posts this moment: yours, gaming posts, other cramps. Is this all there is? Any of y'all get out of yer house and do somethings? Or is it a sit-in-your-room & post on the internet dealy? ( O.K., I really like the shared art. That r'ocks) But can I show you an image of a mouse with a human ear growing out it's side?  I'll be sitting in my room when I post it.

FOR FUCK'S SAKE! CUT!

This ad-lib bullshit is the reason why you'll never reach A-list status. Unfortunately, your contract was written up tighter than John Goodman in a clown car, so I won't be able to can you like I intended.

MIKE, IF THAT BACKDROP DOESN'T CONVINCE ME I'M IN THE GRAND FUCKING CANYON, I'M REPLACING YOU WITH YOUR TWIN BROTHER. To think, it's possible to be so much more useless than someone who STARTED OUT WITH THE SAME GENES AS YOU.

At this rate, Alan Smithee's gonna get credit for yet another B-Movie.

LET'S TAKE IT FROM THE TOP.

And kid, this time, go by the script. There's a goddamn DINOSAUR CHICKEN in the room and you're mumbling on about the goddamn outdoors. Do the outdoors have FUCKING DINOSAUR CHICKENS, FUCK FACE? DIDN'T THINK SO.

ACTION!

:lulz:

MARRY ME
Fuck off Howl. It's in response to me. Pretentous, precious? MARRY ME INSTEAD!

Prelate Diogenes Shandor

Going back to the egg-not-hatched issue; what the hell kind of communist organization is doing this research that they're not already marketing this thing as a pet?
Praise NHGH! For the tribulation of all sentient beings.

a plague on both your houses -Mercutio

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zrTGgpWmdZQ
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rVWd7nPjJH8

It is an unfortunate fact that every man who seeks to disseminate knowledge must contend not only against ignorance itself, but against false instruction as well. No sooner do we deem ourselves free from a particularly gross superstition, than we are confronted by some enemy to learning who would plunge us back into the darkness -H.P.Lovecraft

He who fights with monsters must take care lest he thereby become a monster -Nietzsche

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SHhrZgojY1Q

You are a fluke of the universe, and whether you can hear it of not the universe is laughing behind your back -Deteriorata

Don't use the email address in my profile, I lost the password years ago

Frontside Back

Quote from: Prelate Diogenes Shandor on January 11, 2018, 07:40:41 AM
Going back to the egg-not-hatched issue; what the hell kind of communist organization is doing this research that they're not already marketing this thing as a pet?
Scientists aren't really known for their keen eye for business. On the other hand, they ain't known for breathing either and studies show at least 80% of them do. Studies conducted by scientists. Who may or may not be breathing, most likely not, why else would you tell everyone you are. Scientists also have this thing for brains...
"I want to be the Borg but I want to do it alone."

Cramulus

I think they'd have a lot less problems if they stopped calling it a chicken.

kind of a 'ship of theseus' question here - how much DNA can you swap out and still call it a chicken?

but I guess we want gene-hacked people to still be human, so maybe it's better to think of it as a mutant-chicken than as something new

learning important lessons from prometheus here

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Finn on January 11, 2018, 05:02:46 AM
Quote from: Doktor Howl on January 09, 2018, 03:11:16 PM

It's all you, personally, are ever going to see of this board.  Funny thing is, I had you pegged as a good one, and I never do that.  I am Jack's massive feelings of disappointment.

Fuck off and die in a car accident or something.
I may be exactly as you wrote it. Why am I smiling and feel  such joy at your post?  It ain't normal . I fucking hate praise. I'll take the "die in a car accident". Fucking bizarre. That response makes me feel great. Every forum where folks praise me, I light out. Can't stand that shit. Thanks!

Fantastic.  You know I hate your guts, I expect not to have you speak to me or about me going forward.  It's a deal.
Molon Lube

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Cramulus on January 11, 2018, 01:28:13 PM
I think they'd have a lot less problems if they stopped calling it a chicken.

kind of a 'ship of theseus' question here - how much DNA can you swap out and still call it a chicken?

but I guess we want gene-hacked people to still be human, so maybe it's better to think of it as a mutant-chicken than as something new

learning important lessons from prometheus here

It comes down to "what is the essential object of a chicken?"  The purpose of a chicken is to be fried and eaten.  Can this monster chicken be eaten?  If it can, then it is a chicken with dentures.  If it cannot, then it is an abomination that should be released into the MBTA station at 5 PM.
Molon Lube

LMNO

At least it would increase the possibility of my getting a seat on the train.

Don Coyote

I WANT A FUCKING FANCY FLUFFY MICRO-NOT-CHICKEN/RAPTOR AND IT IS UNAMERICAN TO KEEP ME FROM KEEPING A POTENTIAL ECOLOGICAL DISASTER AS A PET

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Don Coyote on January 11, 2018, 06:59:15 PM
I WANT A FUCKING FANCY FLUFFY MICRO-NOT-CHICKEN/RAPTOR AND IT IS UNAMERICAN TO KEEP ME FROM KEEPING A POTENTIAL ECOLOGICAL DISASTER AS A PET

I just want the raptor thing.
Molon Lube

Doktor Howl

Quote from: LMNO on January 11, 2018, 05:16:21 PM
At least it would increase the possibility of my getting a seat on the train.

That would be day 31 of 30 Days of Eris.
Molon Lube

Fin

Uh, you misunderstand me Dr. Howl.   I have no offer of a deal. You fascinate me. I could never agree to not interact with you. Is that a bannanable offense? You're the power-possesser here.