Hopeful but realistic ten-year scenarios

Started by Dildo Argentino, January 11, 2018, 06:52:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tyrannosaurus vex

Quote from: St Accelerated Evolution on January 17, 2018, 04:27:24 AM
Ten years from now:

Trump is dead
Windows™ is bankrupt
Google and the CIA are now publicly known to be in on a massive worldwide scandal (and under severe investigation)
Conspiracy Theorists have taken over the white house and are taking the president of the time hostage
Anonymous opens a new bank branch

1. fine, whatever. won't do much good, but it couldn't hurt right?
2. i already barely use it, so who cares?
3. **see below
4. ...why?
5. see #4

as for the CIA and Google thing, I assume you're referencing some kind of future world where people give a fuck about privacy. While that may very well happen in the next 10 years, it won't do so on this planet. See, privacy is a myth. It always has been a myth, and anyone who believes in it might as well go to church on Sundays too, because it's that kind of fake. But not only is there no such thing as privacy, privacy has no right to exist anyway. If you're scared of men in black suits finding out what you fap to when nobody's looking, you're just not living. Plus, all this worrying about privacy is seriously impeding the cybernetic hivemind society I want to live in. We need to erase all concept of the self, forcefully, and over the corpses of whoever bitches about it. There's no other way to survive as a species. Plus, it would probably involve a lot of cool looking implants and wires and blinky lights and stuff, which is all far more important than not being spied on. Which isn't important at all. And no, I'm not being sarcastic or facetious. I fully support the transhumanist ideal of erasing the individual human mind from existence in favor of a collective consciousness aided by heavy and probably reckless use of technology. And, of course, gulags for anyone who doesn't like it.
Evil and Unfeeling Arse-Flenser From The City of the Damned.

Dildo Argentino

Quote from: P3nT4gR4m on January 18, 2018, 01:35:52 PM
AR visual overlays reach smartphone-ubiquity, as do realtime AI lie detector apps, forcing a fundamental shift in basic human psychology.

The nation-state model collapses completely, taking with it central government and fiat currency as the primary means of economic exchange. Reputation economy takes over.

IBM brings a fully functional 128 qbit quantum processor to market. Once of the first things scientists use it for is to totally disprove quantum theory but it gets stuck half way through the calculation.

That's pretty close to my "I think there's a chance this may happen and I hope it does" scenario. I would like to add affordable, replicable nanoassembly of foodstuff capable of supplying basic metabolic needs", and general purpose 3d printing going rife and uncontrolled. I am aware that this may all end rather horribly, but I still think it's our best chance.
Not too keen on rigor, myself - reminds me of mortis

Dildo Argentino

Quote from: tyrannosaurus vex on January 19, 2018, 04:42:28 AM
As for the CIA and Google thing, I assume you're referencing some kind of future world where people give a fuck about privacy. While that may very well happen in the next 10 years, it won't do so on this planet. See, privacy is a myth. It always has been a myth, and anyone who believes in it might as well go to church on Sundays too, because it's that kind of fake. But not only is there no such thing as privacy, privacy has no right to exist anyway. If you're scared of men in black suits finding out what you fap to when nobody's looking, you're just not living. Plus, all this worrying about privacy is seriously impeding the cybernetic hivemind society I want to live in. We need to erase all concept of the self, forcefully, and over the corpses of whoever bitches about it. There's no other way to survive as a species. Plus, it would probably involve a lot of cool looking implants and wires and blinky lights and stuff, which is all far more important than not being spied on. Which isn't important at all. And no, I'm not being sarcastic or facetious. I fully support the transhumanist ideal of erasing the individual human mind from existence in favor of a collective consciousness aided by heavy and probably reckless use of technology. And, of course, gulags for anyone who doesn't like it.

I would prefer not to. ( :
Not too keen on rigor, myself - reminds me of mortis

tyrannosaurus vex

Quote from: Dildo Argentino on January 19, 2018, 08:31:45 AM
As for the CIA and Google thing, I assume you're referencing some kind of future world where people give a fuck about privacy. While that may very well happen in the next 10 years, it won't do so on this planet. See, privacy is a myth. It always has been a myth, and anyone who believes in it might as well go to church on Sundays too, because it's that kind of fake. But not only is there no such thing as privacy, privacy has no right to exist anyway. If you're scared of men in black suits finding out what you fap to when nobody's looking, you're just not living. Plus, all this worrying about privacy is seriously impeding the cybernetic hivemind society I want to live in. We need to erase all concept of the self, forcefully, and over the corpses of whoever bitches about it. There's no other way to survive as a species. Plus, it would probably involve a lot of cool looking implants and wires and blinky lights and stuff, which is all far more important than not being spied on. Which isn't important at all. And no, I'm not being sarcastic or facetious. I fully support the transhumanist ideal of erasing the individual human mind from existence in favor of a collective consciousness aided by heavy and probably reckless use of technology. And, of course, gulags for anyone who doesn't like it.

That's fine. There's plenty of room in the camps, and someone's gonna have to be on commode duty.
Evil and Unfeeling Arse-Flenser From The City of the Damned.

The Wizard Joseph

Quote from: tyrannosaurus vex on January 20, 2018, 02:24:20 AM

That's fine. There's plenty of room in the camps, and someone's gonna have to be on commode duty.

:lulz:...   :horrormirth:
You can't get out backward.  You have to go forward to go back.. better press on! - Willie Wonka, PBUH

Life can be seen as a game with no reset button, no extra lives, and if the power goes out there is no restarting.  If that's all you see life as you are not long for this world, and never will get it.

"Ayn Rand never swung a hammer in her life and had serious dominance issues" - The Fountainhead

"World domination is such an ugly phrase. I prefer to call it world optimisation."
- Harry Potter and the Methods of Rationality :lulz:

"You program the controller to do the thing, only it doesn't do the thing.  It does something else entirely, or nothing at all.  It's like voting."
- Billy, Aug 21st, 2019

"It's not even chaos anymore. It's BANAL."
- Doktor Hamish Howl

Frontside Back

Quote from: tyrannosaurus vex on January 20, 2018, 02:24:20 AM

Why'd you need camps on a transhumanist post-scarcity society tho? People who don't want to be part of hivemind could easily coexist and even be of use for the collective with their fresh perspective. Why everyone thinks there's only one right answer that will take over the world? That hasn't happened once in the whole of history and probably never will. Psychodiversity is our main survival mechanism.
"I want to be the Borg but I want to do it alone."