News:

I just don't understand any kind of absolute egalitarianism philosophy. Whether it's branded as anarcho-capitalism or straight anarchism or sockfucking libertarianism, it always misses the same point.

Main Menu

A challenge for all Bush-Haters

Started by Anonymous, January 20, 2005, 12:33:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

EK WAFFLR

I'm only 2011 or 2012, I'm younger than junk.
"At first I lifted weights.  But then I asked myself, 'why not people?'  Now everyone runs for the fjord when they see me."

Horribly Oscillating Assbasket of Deliciousness
[/b]

JamesStrangefellow

its just great to have shit like this in writing

Junkenstein

Nine naked Men just walking down the road will cause a heap of trouble for all concerned.

LMNO

Junkenstein

Ah, twitching corpse syndrome. Got it.
Nine naked Men just walking down the road will cause a heap of trouble for all concerned.

LMNO

Well, it's more like communication is supposed to be an exchange of ideas, but he was unwilling to receive any signal other than the one he was already sending.

Junkenstein

I appear to have mistaken coherence for communication.

LMNO

The Good Reverend Roger

Communication isn't the goal.  The goal is to be THE WEIRDEST GUY IN THE ROOM.  Problem:  People here do not mistake "nonsensical babble" as "weird".  Within 48 hours, this guy will be butthurt and looking to show us WHAT.  Hell, it already started in the other thread.  After that, the countdown has started, and within 14 days, he will have achieved "Holist".

" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Junkenstein

Because being the weirdest guy in the room means you win, or something.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Junkenstein on May 22, 2014, 07:21:55 PM
Because being the weirdest guy in the room means you win, or something.

I think at that point it is supposed to get you laid, or gain you followers or something.  It's basic primate psychology...Be the top ape.  But for people who cannot be the top ape for one reason or another, pretending that your personal standard determines fitness is one way of not admitting failure.

This is testable.  The people that do this cannot stop doing it, no matter how goofy they look, even if they realize it.  They have to continue being ZANY until it is time to be BUTTHURT and tell us all how GREYFACED we are.

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

The Good Reverend Roger

As noted, this has already begun.  The latest subject has already commented on my penis size and how much of a horrible person I am.  All he needs to do now is tell Nigel how rotten she is, and then pick a fight with Cain, and we'll have the whole package.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on May 22, 2014, 07:04:34 PM
Communication isn't the goal.  The goal is to be THE WEIRDEST GUY IN THE ROOM.  Problem:  People here do not mistake "nonsensical babble" as "weird".  Within 48 hours, this guy will be butthurt and looking to show us WHAT.  Hell, it already started in the other thread.  After that, the countdown has started, and within 14 days, he will have achieved "Holist".

The thing is, we already have weird. We have more weird than we can even wrap our minds around. "Zaniness" is not weird. Being a WiLd AnD cRaZy GuY is not weird. Weird is the shit that makes you uneasy, makes the hair on your arms stand up, makes you feel a little like you ought to be getting the fuck out of here. Weird is a tickle fetish extortion conspiracy hidden in plain sight. Weird is Boston being flooded with molasses. Weird is being a neuroscientist researching criminal psychopaths and accidentally finding out that you have the same brain abnormalities they do. Weird is the inexplicable and hopelessly confusing floorplan of Cramer Hall.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Necronomicoins and the Bald Man are weird.

Five tons of flax fnord cabbages lol and so on is not weird. It's not even original. It's just parroting a parody of a stereotype of 1960's wacky sketch humor. It's fucking Rowan & Martin's Laugh-In, for fuckssake.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

hooplala

Quote from: All-Father Nigel on May 22, 2014, 09:56:19 PM
Necronomicoins and the Bald Man are weird.

Five tons of flax fnord cabbages lol and so on is not weird. It's not even original. It's just parroting a parody of a stereotype of 1960's wacky sketch humor. It's fucking Rowan & Martin's Laugh-In, for fuckssake.

And Rowan & Martin's Laugh-In was certainly not weird... but Tiny Tim was.
"Soon all of us will have special names" — Professor Brian O'Blivion

"Now's not the time to get silly, so wear your big boots and jump on the garbage clowns." — Bob Dylan?

"Do I contradict myself?
Very well then I contradict myself,
(I am large, I contain multitudes.)"
— Walt Whitman