News:

If you really want to hurt your parents, and you don't have the nerve to be a homosexual, the least you can do is go into the arts. But do not use semicolons. They are transvestite hermaphrodites, standing for absolutely nothing. All they do is show you've been to college.

Main Menu

A challenge for all Bush-Haters

Started by Anonymous, January 20, 2005, 12:33:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

IAmNotAnonymous

I found some pictures of him rehearsing the speech: (click here if the image doesn't appear)

[/img][/url]
The Streeb-Greebling Cabal: We know where the fossilised remains of the infant Christ are buried.
Praise the Lord and pass the Vaseline!
That which doesn't kill us is the really good shit.
Second Reserve Deputy Co-Archbishop of the Only Church That'll Take You

~~~~Closed~~~~

Quote from: AnonymousI know I'm probably wasting my breathe, but I'll say this anyway:

I challenge all of you who hate Bush so much and think he is the worst thing since Hitler to listen to his inaugural speech tomorrow.  I don't expect you to watch the whole inauguration so I'll help you out.  Him and Cheney will be sworn in around 12:00 EST, and his speech will follow their swearing in.  It is said to only run about 17 minutes, so not even that long.  It will be on TV, streamed live on the internet, and will be on the radio so, no matter what you're doing, or where you live, you should be able to catch.

Personally, I think libs are funny and obviously a misguided folk, but I caught all of their convention.  In fact, I never realized so much time and so many different speeches could be given talking about 4 months of one man's life spent on a boat, but they sure did it.  Kerry's speech was especially good stuff.  Anyway, the point is I am challenging you to surprise me and actually give Bush your ear for under 20 minutes of your day tomorrow and see what the guy has to say about where he intends to lead us in the next four years.  I doubt many of you will, but prove me wrong.  If there's one thing I can't stand, it's those who will only listen to their own point of view.

And that's that. :wink:

is that suposed to be a challenge? I lestened to his retarded ass during each of his "debates". 20 minutes isn't hard. and listening to his speech isn't going to change the fact that he's as dumb as a bag of hammers.

I wouldn't be the least bit surprised if he mispronounces america, mispronounces 'a', and says the french don't have a word for hors d'oeuvres.

LMNO

Zurtok, you had me until oyu said you liked Bill O'Reilly.  That guy plasy so fast & loose with the truth, he's got ane entire book dedicated to correcting him.

But to answer VoT's "challenge", I don't have time to listen to him at work today, but I will read the transcript & make jokes about it at his expense.

And just to reiterate, calling it "his speech" is slightly disingenous, as he didn't write it.  It's like calling Kelly Clarkson a "songwriter".

Voice of Truth

Now that I am here and I am reading this I am all too glad that I did not try to type the lengthy post I almost did in response to the other debate taking place.  I simply believed that some of you may be remotely interested in seeing what the President for the next four years says he intends to try and accomplish.  Whether you like it or not, sometimes it's good to know what their agenda is.  That being said, the litany of Bush-bashing incoherent nonsense that followed my challenge has refreshed my memory as to the initial stereotypes I have of you guys.  While there are a few here and there who are obviously intelligent and make good points (whether or not I agree with them), the bulk of you simply used this as yet another opportunity to go into your diatribes of shit.

For that reason, I am not going to even waste my time responding in the other debate we were having.  Since Scribe was the only one with valid points and I am already discussing the issues in a much more civilized way with him elsewhere, I believe that that's where I will have my political discussions alone.  You guys are truly a piece of work.  On one hand, it is fun to come over here and throw little tidbits out there for people so on the other end of the spectrum to respond to, but on the other hand this little post and what followed show me that rational discussion is not possible with the bulk of you.  

Yes, all conservatives are brain-washed dittoheads who believe whatever Rush and the party leadership tell us and all of you are enlightened free-thinkers who are geniuses beyond compare. :roll:   Most of you are truly of waste of my breathe, and for that reason what was fun for a few moments has just become fucking dumb.  To those of you who are capable of having civilized discussions you probably know who you are and to the rest, fuck off.  So cheers and good day.
Such pain I feel for not being a Discordian...

EraPassing

Quote from: Voice of TruthMost of you are truly of waste of my breathe...

Dude, easily solved... stop breathing.
Elves suck.
Yeah, I said it, I went there.  Whatcha gonna do?

Malaul

your brain is just so sharp you could cut people with it

well done
Coito ergo sum
O! Plus! Perge! Aio! Hui! Hem!
"You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy,the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named Bush, Dick, and Colon.  --Comedian Chris Rock

Wishfarple

Quote from: Voice of Truthwords

more words

yakety sax

words again

Most of you are truly of waste of my breathe, and for that reason what was fun for a few moments has just become fucking dumb.  To those of you who are capable of having civilized discussions you probably know who you are and to the rest, fuck off.  So cheers and good day.

Byeeee!  Don't let the door hit you in the ass on the way out!
His Right Most Honorable Super Hella Reverend Llama Wishfart Rinpoche of the Church of Ed Gein (Deceased),
Temple of Cleveland

Rev Thwack

I find bush supporters funny. They talk about intelligent debate, but the second you bring up a valid point that they have no defense for they either play the god card or they just say that you are being stupid and whiney for talking about something that so many others have talked about. They never stop to realize that the reason others have brought it up so much is because it's a valid point and evidence that bush is incompotent.
My balls itch...

LMNO

Quote from: Voice of TruthI simply believed that some of you may be remotely interested in seeing what the President for the next four years says he intends to try and accomplish.

Hey, I'd love to know what Bush is gonna be up to in the next 4 years.

But why on earth do you think i'll learn that from the inauguration speech?  Or any speech he gives, for that matter?  That stuff is just PR.  It gives no real insight into his intentions.

Cain

Quote from: LMNO
Quote from: Voice of TruthI simply believed that some of you may be remotely interested in seeing what the President for the next four years says he intends to try and accomplish.

Hey, I'd love to know what Bush is gonna be up to in the next 4 years.

But why on earth do you think i'll learn that from the inauguration speech?  Or any speech he gives, for that matter?  That stuff is just PR.  It gives no real insight into his intentions.

Like I said, more ammo.  Not that it will help, given the Bush Administration's immunity to reality (something I would like to test further, oops, I may be on a list now, for being threatening).  But yes, we need to judge the Bush administration by his actions.  Then again, if he says he is going to invade several sovreign states and get tied down in guerrilla fighting, ruin the economy, pass more laws that fly in the face of the constitution, increase cronyism and commit more crimes agains the English language, then we can hardly argue that he didnt tell us.

gnimbley

Quote from: Voice of Truth...I am not going to even waste my time responding in the other debate we were having. ...rational discussion is not possible with the bulk of you.  ... Most of you are truly of waste of my breathe, and for that reason what was fun for a few moments has just become fucking dumb.  To those of you who are capable of having civilized discussions you probably know who you are and to the rest, fuck off.  So cheers and good day.

:cry:

Now I can't have any fun playing with the little conservative boy
down the street. Oh what, oh what will I do?

::sobs uncontrollably::

The little rich boy took his ball and went home. He doesn't want to
play with us homeless chillin anymore. I guess I should just go eat
worms.

LMNO

Quote from: gnimbleyI guess I should just go eat
worms.

::tosses gnimbley a couple of macaroons, instead::

Think he'll be around when we actually do analize the speech?

Cain

And so VoT knows, the only reason I can be "sensible" about Bush is not having to live under his policies.  Im here in the UK, where we have a minor, half-hearted version, who can be kept in check by a more balanced Cabinet.  If I was in the US, and had to witness all the crap over there first hand, Id probably not want to hear any more from the moron again.  I cant blame them for being pissed off with Bush.

Chaplin_Sinatra_Fonzarell

QuoteI kind of stopped worrying about it since Bush and the rest of the US Government don't exist in my reality

Hmmm....I should do that. Or at least move to Europe
Chaplin Sinatra Fonzarelli, G.G.L.F., C.L.F., L.F.L.F., R.M.S.T.A., R.P.C.V., N.C.c., T.R.R.R., W.I.T.C.H., W.P.P., V.P.D.F.Y.S., S.C.U.M., I.G.R.S.A.F.D.S.K.S.K.J.J.J.S.Y.Y.D.F.D.K.D.S.F.K.S.D.K.J.L.K.F.G.K.S.D.G.G.J.R.J.S.T.S and other various divisions of the Maude Senger cabal of the Pantheo-Anametamystikhood of Eris Esoteric, and President for Life of the Holy Empire of Ayatollah Discordiolla

img]http://www.dontyouwantmebaby.com/fark/bond_077_hasselhoff_animate.gif[/img]

LMNO

Well, here's a first draft... Wonder if VOT will see it...

Quote from: the Shrub's speechwriter
3At this second gathering, our duties are defined not by the words I use, but by the history we have seen together. For a half-century, America defended our own freedom by standing watch on distant borders. After the shipwreck of communism came years of relative quiet, years of repose, years of sabbatical -- and then there came a day of fire.

4We have seen our vulnerability, and we have seen its deepest source. For as long as whole regions of the world simmer in resentment and tyranny -- prone to ideologies that feed hatred and excuse murder -- violence will gather, and multiply in destructive power, and cross the most defended borders and raise a mortal threat.
The above two paragraphs contradict each other: ,Äúsimmering regions of tranny,Äù are not ,Äúquiet,Äù, unless one was (is) willfully ignorant of world events (Not to mention the boiling over moments of Bosnia, Rawanda, for starters).  
And do we really have to discuss ,Äúideologies that feed hatred,Äù (quick!  How many people who attacked Musilms after 9-11 were Democrat?) and ,Äúexcuse murder,Äù (*cough governor of Texas cough death penalty cough*)?
Quote7America's vital interests and our deepest beliefs are now one. From the day of our founding, we have proclaimed that every man and woman on this Earth has rights, and dignity and matchless value because they bear the image of the maker of heaven and Earth.
Well, the day of our rebellion, actually.  But close, I guess, if you discount the Articles of Confederation.
Quote8Across the generations, we have proclaimed the imperative of self-government, because no one is fit to be a master, and no one deserves to be a slave. Advancing these ideals is the mission that created our nation. It is the honorable achievement of our fathers. Now it is the urgent requirement of our nation's security and the calling of our time.
Well, self-government unless you do drugs, or are gay, etc,Ķ  Then you,Äôre unfit to make your own decisons, and the government will spank you.
Quote10This is not primarily the task of arms, though we will defend ourselves and our friends by force of arms when necessary. Freedom, by its nature, must be chosen and defended by citizens and sustained by the rule of law and the protection of minorities. And when the soul of a nation finally speaks, the institutions that arise may reflect customs and traditions very different from our own.
Wait,Äîwho was threatening us again? Couldn,Äôt have been Saddam, he didn,Äôt have any WMDs!
Quote11America will not impose our own style of government on the unwilling. Our goal instead is to help others find their own voice, attain their own freedom and make their own way.
Providing, of course, they agree with us.  If not, can you say, ,ÄúAllende, Part Two,Äù?
Quote13My most solemn duty is to protect this nation and its people from further attacks and emerging threats. Some have unwisely chosen to test America's resolve and have found it firm.
Like the ACLU,Ķ

Quote20The rulers of outlaw regimes can know that we still believe as Abraham Lincoln did: "Those who deny freedom to others deserve it not for themselves; and, under the rule of a just God, cannot long retain it."
And we will bomb you until you comply, because God told me to.
Quote22And all the allies of the United States can know: We honor your friendship, we rely on your counsel, and we depend on your help.
::spit take::  It,Äôs a little late to be appealing to the UN,Ķ
Quote27All Americans have witnessed this idealism and some for the first time. I ask our youngest citizens to believe the evidence of your eyes.
They have been, and they have been leading the protests.
Quote30To give every American a stake in the promise and future of our country, we will bring the highest standards to our schools and build an ownership society. We will widen the ownership of homes and businesses, retirement savings and health insurance -- preparing our people for the challenges of life in a free society.
High standards in school have nothing to do with this ,Äúownership society,,Äù and to conflate the two is misleading.  Further, since Bush is implying that de-regulation is the answer to this, it signifies a further abandonment of the laughable ,Äúno child left behind,Äù bit.
Quote32In America's ideal of freedom, the public interest depends on private character -- on integrity and tolerance toward others and the rule of conscience in our own lives. Self-government relies, in the end, on the governing of the self.
See Paragraph 8.
Quote33That edifice of character is built in families, supported by communities with standards, and sustained in our national life by the truths of Sinai, the Sermon on the Mount, the words of the Koran and the varied faiths of our people. Americans move forward in every generation by reaffirming all that is good and true that came before -- ideals of justice and conduct that are the same yesterday, today and forever.
Another myopic statement, believing that morals are impossible without religion.  Also: see Duteronomy for examples of how ideals of Justice and Conduct change regularly.
Quote42When the Declaration of Independence was first read in public and the Liberty Bell was sounded in celebration, a witness said, "It rang as if it meant something." In our time it means something still.
I was unable to verify this,Äîcan anyone provide a link to support this claim?
Quote44Now bend over, America,ÄîMy cock is greased up, and I,Äôm ready to start screwing you for another four years!