News:

PD.com: Living proof that just because you can, doesn't mean you should.

Main Menu

Where does Discordianism stand compared to the others?

Started by PrimordialAtom, January 22, 2018, 02:44:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PrimordialAtom

Honest question. I am new here of course and dabling into learning the truth. I found this 'religion" or whatever you want to call it, on a forum called Abovetopsecret, a member posted about it. I will say, this seems like the left hand path, but to each their own! I don't judge and am here to learn. :)

And why does it say I have 17 posts? This is my first.

POFP

Quote from: PrimordialAtom on January 22, 2018, 02:44:18 PM
Honest question. I am new here of course and dabling into learning the truth. I found this 'religion" or whatever you want to call it, on a forum called Abovetopsecret, a member posted about it. I will say, this seems like the left hand path, but to each their own! I don't judge and am here to learn. :)

And why does it say I have 17 posts? This is my first.

First post? You ever have problems with lost time and finding yourself in places you don't know how you got to?

Because I remember you posting at least 70 other times since you've been here.  :lulz:
This Certified Pope™ reserves the Right to, on occasion, "be a complete dumbass", and otherwise ponder "idiotic" and/or "useless" ideas and other such "tomfoolery." [Aforementioned] are only responsible for the results of these actions and tendencies when they have had their addictive substance of choice for that day.

Being a Product of their Environment's Collective Order and Disorder, [Aforementioned] also reserves the Right to have their ideas, technologies, and otherwise all Intellectual Property stolen, re-purposed, and re-attributed at Will ONLY by other Certified Popes. Corporations, LLC's, and otherwise Capitalist-based organizations are NOT capable of being Certified Popes.

Battering Rams not included.

Faust

But PrimordialAtom, you've always been here. You've been the caretaker of the pool on the roof of the overlook hotel for as long as I can remember.
Sleepless nights at the chateau

PrimordialAtom

POFP

Quote from: Faust on January 22, 2018, 04:45:56 PM
But PrimordialAtom, you've always been here. You've been the caretaker of the pool on the roof of the overlook hotel for as long as I can remember.

The fact that he's forgotten makes me think the pool fumes are eating away at his brain. If we don't act quick, someone might notify HR...

I-I don't know if I can take another HR inquiry...  :horrormirth:
This Certified Pope™ reserves the Right to, on occasion, "be a complete dumbass", and otherwise ponder "idiotic" and/or "useless" ideas and other such "tomfoolery." [Aforementioned] are only responsible for the results of these actions and tendencies when they have had their addictive substance of choice for that day.

Being a Product of their Environment's Collective Order and Disorder, [Aforementioned] also reserves the Right to have their ideas, technologies, and otherwise all Intellectual Property stolen, re-purposed, and re-attributed at Will ONLY by other Certified Popes. Corporations, LLC's, and otherwise Capitalist-based organizations are NOT capable of being Certified Popes.

Cramulus

Quote from: PrimordialAtom on January 22, 2018, 02:44:18 PM
I will say, this seems like the left hand path, but to each their own! I don't judge and am here to learn. :)\

for some people, duh-duh-discordia is consistent with the LHP. But for others, it's not.

the principia is a mirror, you can get a lot of stuff from it

THE QLIPHITISER

It's like a TV, sometimes it's selling you salvation, other times it's selling you weight loss.
Follower of the 'Kacalinstanphia' branch of Discordianism, which emphasizes a hyper-meta-doctrine of parachaos field theory in relation to dancing submariner zombies, in accordance with Eris' decent into the megazone of the universal mind - which cannot be seen but is felt by all.

0              5              7              11:11                12                      13                     23                 69                        93                666                777                       ∞ / ∞

Everything is a lie, nothing is relative

Doktor Howl

Discordianism is all about understanding the world the way it really is, and then horse-laughing at the Buddhists for being schmucks.
Molon Lube

Nephew Twiddleton

Discordianism is the sound of 3 hands clapping

Discordianism is the Back Hand Path. Don't misunderstand this as meaning that it hits you with the back of the hand, it hits you with the hand growing out of your back

Discordianism doesn't stand compared to anything, it lies supine on a rocket powered unicycle and hopes neither for the best or the worst, but for the messiest

Discordianism is the snack that smiles back until it bites your head off

Discordianism is what happens when you look into a scrying glass, only to find out that what you see is the observer

Discordianism is the forkful of salt that quenches your thirst

Discordianism is that joyous state of being where it's too cold to go without a blanket, but the blanket makes you uncomfortably warm

Discordianism is a little tweeting bird chirping in a meadow. Discordia is a wreath of pretty flowers which smell bad
Strange and Terrible Organ Laminator of Yesterday's Heavy Scene
Sentence or sentence fragment pending

Soy El Vaquero Peludo de Oro

TIM AM I, PRIMARY OF THE EXTRA-ATMOSPHERIC SIMIANS

Doctor Universe

Quote from: Faust
You've been the caretaker of the pool on the roof of the overlook hotel for as long as I can remember.

Quote from: PrimordialAtomOh it must have slipped my mind, duh. :P

Well that explains the leak. Anyone got an umbrella?

POFP

Quote from: Doctor Universe on January 29, 2018, 03:15:25 PM
Quote from: Faust
You've been the caretaker of the pool on the roof of the overlook hotel for as long as I can remember.

Quote from: PrimordialAtomOh it must have slipped my mind, duh. :P

Well that explains the leak. Anyone got an umbrella?

Dok took the last one. Ran off to the boiler room laughing like a ninny with it. I have no idea what he was laughing about, but I'm sure we'll know by the end of the day.

Something tells me the umbrella will NOT remain intact.

LMNO

It's either the umbrella, or us.

83% chance on the umbrella surviving, per the most recent Vegas odds.

Q. G. Pennyworth

Cramulus

tyrannosaurus vex

Take your most cherished dreams and hopes, and subtract any chance of them ever coming true. What you are left with is Discordianism.
Evil and Unfeeling Arse-Flenser From The City of the Damned.