News:

The characteristic feature of the loser is to bemoan, in general terms, mankind's flaws, biases, contradictions and irrationality-without exploiting them for fun and profit

Main Menu

I just realized something.

Started by Doktor Howl, February 10, 2018, 02:44:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Doktor Howl

The birth of the United States was not on July 4th, 1776.  It was at 5:29 a.m. on July 16, 1945.

At 5:28 a.m. we thought we could do anything.  At 5:29, we knew we could.  And for good AND for ill, every single thing we've done has been based on that horrible & certain knowledge.  And our attitude (and our arrogance) follows, with some justification.

This is the only version of American history that both fits all of the facts, and explains the utter madness of the Current Weird Times™.
Molon Lube

minuspace

By splitting the atom we unleashed our power to destroy through creation and create by destruction-- becoming the source of our own destiny, a unified plur-ality of states. The insanity that followed, that was driven by our enemies' fear, which we then tempered with trust in return. By sharing with them our awesome power, MAD now verily secures the world. This is what our country will do for you.

Doktor Howl

Quote from: LuciferX on February 11, 2018, 03:27:06 AM
By splitting the atom we unleashed our power to destroy through creation and create by destruction-- becoming the source of our own destiny, a unified plur-ality of states. The insanity that followed, that was driven by our enemies' fear, which we then tempered with trust in return. By sharing with them our awesome power, MAD now verily secures the world. This is what our country will do for you.

That's beside the point.  It wasn't the nukes themselves, it was the fact that we were able to develop them.
Molon Lube

minuspace

Develop and deploy, I suppose. Makes me wish that we had instead "painted the second coming of Christ over the island of Cuba."

Doktor Howl

Quote from: LuciferX on February 11, 2018, 08:23:53 AM
Develop and deploy, I suppose.

You know what?  Forget I even posted this.
Molon Lube

Don Coyote

Quote from: LuciferX on February 11, 2018, 03:27:06 AM

Do words just fall out of your mouth, or is there some actual pattern to them?

Quote from: LuciferX on February 11, 2018, 08:23:53 AM
Develop and deploy, I suppose. Makes me wish that we had instead "painted the second coming of Christ over the island of Cuba."

Like, do you even know how to read? Using the weapons wasn't necessary to prove America could split the atom violently. That is what that first test accomplished. Everything else was just masturbation.