News:

In my heart I knew that rotten testicles and inflamed penises were on the way.

Main Menu

The Dance of Asmodeus

Started by The Wizard Joseph, April 02, 2019, 02:17:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Wizard Joseph

The dance of Asmodeus

They dance it in the towers of glass
They dance it on the streets
They dance it in the pits of hell
And even angels tap their feet

Its Rhythm is a monotone
Of Mighty symbols clashing
And everybody keeps the beat
We dance the dance of Asmodeus

They dance it at the protest
And in the halls of government
They dance it every night and day
Don't Wonder where your freedom went

They danced it in the Parthenon
And on the Mighty roads of Rome
They danced in Sumer and Babylon
This wicked dance of Asmodeus

You dance it when you go to school
They dance it in the church
You dance it just to get your bread
As back and forth to work you lurch

You dance until you fucking drop
And then you dance some more
The beat is always just the same
The tyrant's dance of Asmodeus

To dance it is to play The Game
Your feet will never stop
You dance it as the bills come due
Whether you're a criminal or cop

Sure bet you dance it everyday
The beat will tick your life away
Now is when there's hell to pay
So dance the dance of Asmodeus
You can't get out backward.  You have to go forward to go back.. better press on! - Willie Wonka, PBUH

Life can be seen as a game with no reset button, no extra lives, and if the power goes out there is no restarting.  If that's all you see life as you are not long for this world, and never will get it.

"Ayn Rand never swung a hammer in her life and had serious dominance issues" - The Fountainhead

"World domination is such an ugly phrase. I prefer to call it world optimisation."
- Harry Potter and the Methods of Rationality :lulz:

"You program the controller to do the thing, only it doesn't do the thing.  It does something else entirely, or nothing at all.  It's like voting."
- Billy, Aug 21st, 2019

"It's not even chaos anymore. It's BANAL."
- Doktor Hamish Howl

altered

Verse 2 line 2, is it intended to be symbols or cymbals? Both work but depending which it is it changes things a lot.

This shit is good shit.

ETA: on further rereads and consideration, I feel you probably meant cymbals. If I'm wrong, I might have to ask what the intended meaning is.
"I am that worst of all type of criminal...I cannot bring myself to do what you tell me, because you told me."

There's over 100 of us in this meat-suit. You'd think it runs like a ship, but it's more like a hundred and ten angry ghosts having an old-school QuakeWorld tournament, three people desperately trying to make sure the gamers don't go hungry or soil themselves, and the Facilities manager weeping in the corner as the garbage piles high.

The Wizard Joseph

Quote from: nullified on April 02, 2019, 02:31:20 AM
Verse 2 line 2, is it intended to be symbols or cymbals? Both work but depending which it is it changes things a lot.

This shit is good shit.

ETA: on further rereads and consideration, I feel you probably meant cymbals. If I'm wrong, I might have to ask what the intended meaning is.

It is an intentional play on words.

Glad you liked it  :)
You can't get out backward.  You have to go forward to go back.. better press on! - Willie Wonka, PBUH

Life can be seen as a game with no reset button, no extra lives, and if the power goes out there is no restarting.  If that's all you see life as you are not long for this world, and never will get it.

"Ayn Rand never swung a hammer in her life and had serious dominance issues" - The Fountainhead

"World domination is such an ugly phrase. I prefer to call it world optimisation."

"You program the controller to do the thing, only it doesn't do the thing.  It does something else entirely, or nothing at all.  It's like voting."
- Billy, Aug 21st, 2019

- Doktor Hamish Howl

The Wizard Joseph

Was doing a little research on Asmodeus.

Came across this bit from the Lesser key of Solomon

In the Lesser Key of Solomon Asmodai appears as the king 'Asmoday' in the Ars Goetia, where he is said to have a seal in gold and is listed as number thirty-two according to respective rank.

There are 32 lines in the poem as it came to me  :fnord:

- Billy, Aug 21st, 2019

- Doktor Hamish Howl