News:

i mean, pardon my english but this, the life i'm living is ww1 trench warfare.

Main Menu

Pack it in, humans.

Started by tyrannosaurus vex, March 14, 2018, 04:47:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tyrannosaurus vex

Stephen Hawking is dead, and with him any hope we ever had of devising a spaceship powerful enough to escape this horrible ball of horseshit we call a "planet".

Sure, there are other scientists, and sure, Hawking was mostly parity pooper who kept telling us why AI and alien contact would be bad. But he was was the last remaining face of REAL SCIENCE who was generally liked. Now, the only person standing between us and absolute idiocracy is that Neil DeGrass Tyson guy, and he runs out of brainpower halfway through buttoning up his shirt.

It is the end of an era, and the next one will be so defined by ignorance and woo that it'll be a miracle if we make it another 10 years without forgetting how to breathe. So if you're the kind of person who likes happy endings or, you know, hope in general, now would be a good time to drive off a cliff.
Evil and Unfeeling Arse-Flenser From The City of the Damned.

Bruno

But!

What about Bill Nye!

BILL! BILL! BILL! BILL! BILL! Bill! Bill. bill... bill...

Nevermind.

I'm sorry.
Formerly something else...

Frontside Back

His speech machine probably contains parts of his consciousness. Science can only be saved by necromancy.
"I want to be the Borg but I want to do it alone."

WidgetOtaku

Quote from: tyrannosaurus vex on March 14, 2018, 04:47:49 AM
Stephen Hawking is dead, and with him any hope we ever had of devising a spaceship powerful enough to escape this horrible ball of horseshit we call a "planet".

But there's no viable escape from this "universe"; heat death remember? :eek:
"You've scoffed at my creations... Now look upon my work and despair!"

mauriciozoreda

Quote from: tyrannosaurus vex on March 14, 2018, 04:47:49 AM

Sure, there are other scientists, and sure, Hawking was mostly parity pooper who kept telling us why AI and alien contact would be bad. But he was was the last remaining face of REAL SCIENCE who was generally liked. Now, the only person standing between us and absolute idiocracy is that Neil DeGrass Tyson guy, and he runs out of brainpower halfway through buttoning up his shirt.

It is the end of an era, and the next one will be so defined by ignorance and woo that it'll be a miracle if we make it another 10 years without forgetting how to breathe. So if you're the kind of person who likes happy endings or, you know, hope in general, now would be a good time to drive off a cliff.
Word

Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Tapatalk

Doktor Howl

All I know is I poured a little out for the bastard, and it somehow poured right back in.

I am tempted to link this to the time traveler's almanac.
Molon Lube