News:

I hate both of you because your conversation is both navel-gazing and puerile

Main Menu

The left and the right

Started by Prelate Diogenes Shandor, April 06, 2018, 12:13:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Prelate Diogenes Shandor

While on another forum I frequent I came across a topic from a poster who was confused about what constituted the "left" and the " right politically, as he had seen contradictory explanations. Inspired by that I came up with a handy chart and posted it as a response. I'd like to repost it here too:

The Right is about:

*regressive abrahamic superstition
*pathological obsession with money and power
*being a shill for polluters and robber barons
*difficulty getting a job due to lack of skills that can't be done better and cheaper by a machine
*white supremicism
*proudly ignorant backwoods hicks
*a bizarrely narrow view of what kind of relationships are acceptable
*bullshit degrees in divinity
*fear and hatred of science
*the racist, sectarian, nationalistic, cultural chauvinist, sexist, homophobic, militant, and world dominating aspects of Naziism

The Left is about:

*fatuous new-age superstition
*insufferably saccharine and/or emo obsession with feelings and identity
*being a pipe-dreaming hippie
*difficulty getting a job due to lack of skills that are useful
*refusal to integrate/assimilate
*pseudointellectuals
*a bizarrely narrow view of what constitutes consent
*bullshit degrees in the humanities
*fear and hatred of technology
*the eugenic, and scientifically unethical aspects of Naziism
Praise NHGH! For the tribulation of all sentient beings.

a plague on both your houses -Mercutio

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zrTGgpWmdZQ
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rVWd7nPjJH8

It is an unfortunate fact that every man who seeks to disseminate knowledge must contend not only against ignorance itself, but against false instruction as well. No sooner do we deem ourselves free from a particularly gross superstition, than we are confronted by some enemy to learning who would plunge us back into the darkness -H.P.Lovecraft

He who fights with monsters must take care lest he thereby become a monster -Nietzsche

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SHhrZgojY1Q

You are a fluke of the universe, and whether you can hear it of not the universe is laughing behind your back -Deteriorata

Don't use the email address in my profile, I lost the password years ago

Doktor Howl

Which portion of your ass did you pull this out of?
Molon Lube

Doktor Howl

Wait.  What?

" bizarrely narrow view of what constitutes consent"
Molon Lube

Prelate Diogenes Shandor

Quote from: Doktor Howl on April 06, 2018, 12:55:24 AM
Wait.  What?

Technically can't have had any alcohol, even if it's not enough to get drunk, which rules out most of dates.

Besides, it's not a motor vehicle, nobody's gonna crash their bed into a bunch of pedestrians.
Praise NHGH! For the tribulation of all sentient beings.

a plague on both your houses -Mercutio

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zrTGgpWmdZQ
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rVWd7nPjJH8

It is an unfortunate fact that every man who seeks to disseminate knowledge must contend not only against ignorance itself, but against false instruction as well. No sooner do we deem ourselves free from a particularly gross superstition, than we are confronted by some enemy to learning who would plunge us back into the darkness -H.P.Lovecraft

He who fights with monsters must take care lest he thereby become a monster -Nietzsche

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SHhrZgojY1Q

You are a fluke of the universe, and whether you can hear it of not the universe is laughing behind your back -Deteriorata

Don't use the email address in my profile, I lost the password years ago

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Prelate Diogenes Shandor on April 06, 2018, 01:52:48 AM
Wait.  What?

Technically can't have had any alcohol, even if it's not enough to get drunk, which rules out most of dates.

Besides, it's not a motor vehicle, nobody's gonna crash their bed into a bunch of pedestrians.

This right here is what we call a "Babylin Horuv moment."
Molon Lube

LMNO

Quote from: Doktor Howl on April 06, 2018, 02:38:19 AM
Wait.  What?

This right here is what we call a "Babylin Horuv moment."

:peedee:

Cain

OK boys, time to pack it in, it's all been figured out for us.

The Wizard Joseph

Quote from: Cain on April 07, 2018, 11:56:35 PM
OK boys, time to pack it in, it's all been figured out for us.

:lulz:
You can't get out backward.  You have to go forward to go back.. better press on! - Willie Wonka, PBUH

Life can be seen as a game with no reset button, no extra lives, and if the power goes out there is no restarting.  If that's all you see life as you are not long for this world, and never will get it.

"Ayn Rand never swung a hammer in her life and had serious dominance issues" - The Fountainhead

"World domination is such an ugly phrase. I prefer to call it world optimisation."
- Harry Potter and the Methods of Rationality :lulz:

"You program the controller to do the thing, only it doesn't do the thing.  It does something else entirely, or nothing at all.  It's like voting."
- Billy, Aug 21st, 2019

"It's not even chaos anymore. It's BANAL."
- Doktor Hamish Howl

hooplala

Wait.  What?

Hoo boy.
"Soon all of us will have special names" — Professor Brian O'Blivion

"Now's not the time to get silly, so wear your big boots and jump on the garbage clowns." — Bob Dylan?

"Do I contradict myself?
Very well then I contradict myself,
(I am large, I contain multitudes.)"
— Walt Whitman

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Hoopla on April 09, 2018, 07:14:49 PM
Wait.  What?

Hoo boy.

You always knew it would come to this.  You can't say this is a surprise.
Molon Lube

POFP

I honestly can't tell if he's a self-loathing masochist who requires negative attention, or if he's just so attention-starved and socially retarded that he takes whatever attention he can get. He seems to stick around, regardless of how many times we tell him how horrible he is (And he hasn't improved in the slightest over the years.), so I can only assume it's the former. Usually, even attention-starved morons can only take so many beatings.
This Certified Pope™ reserves the Right to, on occasion, "be a complete dumbass", and otherwise ponder "idiotic" and/or "useless" ideas and other such "tomfoolery." [Aforementioned] are only responsible for the results of these actions and tendencies when they have had their addictive substance of choice for that day.

Being a Product of their Environment's Collective Order and Disorder, [Aforementioned] also reserves the Right to have their ideas, technologies, and otherwise all Intellectual Property stolen, re-purposed, and re-attributed at Will ONLY by other Certified Popes. Corporations, LLC's, and otherwise Capitalist-based organizations are NOT capable of being Certified Popes.

Battering Rams not included.

Cramulus

Quote from: Prelate Diogenes Shandor on April 06, 2018, 12:13:58 AMInspired by that I came up with a handy chart and posted it as a response

I guess the important thing is that you found a way to feel superior to everybody without exposing your own obviously better values to potential scrutiny.

minuspace

Quote from: PoFP on April 10, 2018, 02:56:35 PM
I honestly can't tell if he's a self-loathing masochist who requires negative attention, or if he's just so attention-starved and socially retarded that he takes whatever attention he can get. He seems to stick around, regardless of how many times we tell him how horrible he is (And he hasn't improved in the slightest over the years.), so I can only assume it's the former. Usually, even attention-starved morons can only take so many beatings.

"Mystery Man: In the East, the Far East, when a person is sentenced to death
they're sent to a place where they can't escape, never knowing when..."

I just felt like saying that, because I'm a badass motherfucker, so I walk and talk this way.

Frontside Back

The Left is about:
*getting into power
*holding the power
*preventing the other side getting into power

The Right is about:
*getting into power
*holding the power

The two sides are there to give you something "fresh" when the one in power happens to consist of power hungry morons.
"I want to be the Borg but I want to do it alone."

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Frontside Back on April 12, 2018, 01:10:01 AM
The Left is about:
*getting into power
*holding the power

The Right is about:
*getting into power
*holding the power

The two sides are there to give you something "fresh" when the one in power happens to consist of power hungry morons.

Well, yes.  The left and right are monstrous gigantic entities, not collections of people or anything.
Molon Lube