News:

Sometimes I rattle the cage and beat my head uselessly against its bars, but sometimes, I can shake one loose and use it as a dildo.

Main Menu

NO MORE MARINARA

Started by Q. G. Pennyworth, November 30, 2019, 03:54:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Q. G. Pennyworth

http://nomoremarinara.com/

Ok, which one of you fuckers is responsible for this?

Doktor Howl

Molon Lube

Cramulus

That man has seen things.

*wiping hands on a marinara covered wetnap*

If you had seen them.... you'd do this too.

Cramulus

I just rewatched the 1998 movie Dark City... it's one of those films where reality is broken, and the protagonist is one of the only people that perceives it, and so he comes off as INSANE. Bug eyed, wild hair, speaking in crazy sentence fragments.

And the film sets this up as a rational reaction to the Truth. Everybody thinks they're living in reality, but if you knew what reality really was, you wouldn't act "normal".

I'd like to think the Marinara Fairy is in the same boat.

Imagine a reality so weird that when you learn its true nature, you have to hide jars of marinara sauce in somebody's room 20 times in a row.

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Cramulus on December 04, 2019, 02:35:38 PM
I just rewatched the 1998 movie Dark City... it's one of those films where reality is broken, and the protagonist is one of the only people that perceives it, and so he comes off as INSANE. Bug eyed, wild hair, speaking in crazy sentence fragments.

And the film sets this up as a rational reaction to the Truth. Everybody thinks they're living in reality, but if you knew what reality really was, you wouldn't act "normal".

I'd like to think the Marinara Fairy is in the same boat.

Imagine a reality so weird that when you learn its true nature, you have to hide jars of marinara sauce in somebody's room 20 times in a row.

Dark City was the best movie of its decade.  Hands down.
Molon Lube

altered

No arguments from me. People called it a Matrix ripoff, completely missing the boat on what it is.

It's the Spiders, though, so of course they'd miss it.
"I am that worst of all type of criminal...I cannot bring myself to do what you tell me, because you told me."

There's over 100 of us in this meat-suit. You'd think it runs like a ship, but it's more like a hundred and ten angry ghosts having an old-school QuakeWorld tournament, three people desperately trying to make sure the gamers don't go hungry or soil themselves, and the Facilities manager weeping in the corner as the garbage piles high.

Cramulus

you gotta be pretty damn clever to rip off a movie which hadn't come out yet  :lulz: :lulz:

Random fun fact -- Dark City sold its rooftop props to the Wachowskis -- the rooftop chase scenes in both movies look really similar because they use the exact same props.

altered

Quote from: Cramulus on December 04, 2019, 04:08:19 PM
you gotta be pretty damn clever to rip off a movie which hadn't come out yet  :lulz: :lulz:

Random fun fact -- Dark City sold its rooftop props to the Wachowskis -- the rooftop chase scenes in both movies look really similar because they use the exact same props.

Like I said: it's all about the Spiders. People don't pay attention to the details.

The movie fell victim to the same forces that it was outlining, as we all will one day.
"I am that worst of all type of criminal...I cannot bring myself to do what you tell me, because you told me."

There's over 100 of us in this meat-suit. You'd think it runs like a ship, but it's more like a hundred and ten angry ghosts having an old-school QuakeWorld tournament, three people desperately trying to make sure the gamers don't go hungry or soil themselves, and the Facilities manager weeping in the corner as the garbage piles high.