News:

It's not laughter if you're just going through the muscle movements you remember from the times you actually gave a fuck.

Main Menu

Discordia/Eris's role in the French Revolution?

Started by ChaosAdvocate, September 08, 2015, 05:34:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ChaosAdvocate

Do you think Discordia/Eris played a big role in the French Revolution, its upheaval and people in it like Maximilien Robiespierre? It would have been considered "mad" in those time's standards, and it was one of the first and only societies that literally implemented "terrorism" as a policy(called the "great terror"). The "great terror" started with Robespierre and it ended with him. The French Revolution was a very violent one and was an explosion of entropy, heaps of discord and the demolition of many tradition & order.

The French Revolution gave France its protest/riot-happy and government-defying culture which I wish only my country(Australia) has, coming from one of the most discord/chaos-deprived continents in the world. We have never had a single major armed rebellion at where I live in history, and many people here are sheep. Quite depressing. They do not care what the authority does as long as they do not interrupt their daily routines of food, tv, sport and etc. No matter how much power they take for themselves.

#KillOrder

Doktor Howl

Quote from: ChaosAdvocate on September 08, 2015, 05:34:31 AM
Do you think Discordia/Eris played a big role in the French Revolution,

No, that was those bastard Jacobins.  They're kind of like us, only with silly hats.
Molon Lube

Doktor Howl

and many people are sheep.

But not you and I.  We're special.  The only two conscious beings in the universe.
Molon Lube

Don Coyote

Quote from: Doktor Howl on September 08, 2015, 06:36:32 AM

But not you and I.  We're special.  The only two conscious beings in the universe.

What if he means literal sheep? It is upsidedownland. maybe they gave livestock voting power.

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Don Coyote on September 08, 2015, 02:21:24 PM

What if he means literal sheep? It is upsidedownland. maybe they gave livestock voting power.

Scottland is gonna be PISSED.
Molon Lube

Don Coyote

Quote from: Doktor Howl on September 08, 2015, 05:52:37 PM

Not to mention Wales and Cornwall (on account that the Cornish aren't really people).

Meunster

I really think the goths played a bigger role. It's obvious to see they took inspiration in their dress and use of the guillotine.
Poe's law ;)

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Don Coyote on September 08, 2015, 10:55:31 PM
Quote from: Doktor Howl on September 08, 2015, 05:52:37 PM

Not to mention Wales and Cornwall (on account that the Cornish aren't really people).

Cornishmen are actually the hornets of the primate world.  We exist only to spread misery.  This hypothesis is supported by the fact that we all hate each other, but we will always attack outsiders first.  Once the outsider is a lump of bruised and swollen tissue, we go back to cold, silent hatred of each other in our homes and pubs.
Molon Lube

Edward Longpork

Do you think Discordia/Eris played a big role in the French Revolution, its upheaval and people in it like Maximilien Robiespierre? It would have been considered "mad" in those time's standards, and it was one of the first and only societies that literally implemented "terrorism" as a policy(called the "great terror"). The "great terror" started with Robespierre and it ended with him. The French Revolution was a very violent one and was an explosion of entropy, heaps of discord and the demolition of many tradition & order.

The French Revolution gave France its protest/riot-happy and government-defying culture which I wish only my country(Australia) has, coming from one of the most discord/chaos-deprived continents in the world. We have never had a single major armed rebellion at where I live in history, and many people here are sheep. Quite depressing. They do not care what the authority does as long as they do not interrupt their daily routines of food, tv, sport and etc. No matter how much power they take for themselves.

#KillOrder

Eris reached its perihelion (the part of its orbit which is closest to the sun) between 1698 and 1699. So its possible that Eris' proximity to Earth planted the seeds of revolution and subsequent collapse of Bureaucracy almost a century later.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Edward Longpork on September 18, 2015, 06:01:29 PM

#KillOrder

Eris reached its perihelion (the part of its orbit which is closest to the sun) between 1698 and 1699. So its possible that Eris' proximity to Earth planted the seeds of revolution and subsequent collapse of Bureaucracy almost a century later.

:mittens:
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Telarus

Telarus, KSC,
.__.  Keeper of the Contradictory Cephalopod, Zenarchist Swordsman,
(0o)  Tender to the Edible Zen Garden, Ratcheting Metallic Sex Doll of The End Times,
/||\   Episkopos of the Amorphous Dreams Cabal

Join the Doll Underground! Experience the Phantasmagorical Safari!

Capeditiea

...i can say for sure, the black plague was done...

those pesky humans trying to inflict the curse of greyface everywhere... then they try and defeat this with their god and those cool masks. Sheesh...
The Goddess of Discord = 67 = Eris Kallisti Discordja = 67 = Gnosis Goddess of Art and Creativity = 67 = Capeditiea = 67 = Goddess of Enigma
[GoN]

Quote from: Doktor Howl on September 05, 2018, 10:21:16 PM
It was fucking horrible.  Do not trust your younger self.