News:

Testimonial: "This board is everything that's fucking wrong with the internet"

Main Menu

And suddenly Tucson

Started by Doktor Howl, May 09, 2018, 12:55:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Doktor Howl

So I got off the flight from Kingman, which is like 40 minutes in a puddle jumper, and started driving home.  I was just crossing Valencia when the cop behind me lit me up.  I glanced at my speed, which was exactly at the limit (I use cruise control everywhere now), and pulled over.  Some zygote in a uniform came up to the car.

"Do you have any weapons in the car, sir?"

"No."

"Can I see your license, registration, and proof of insurance?"

I handed them over to him.  He walked back to his car and did things with the laptop thingie they have these days.  My window was still open, but it was only 102F, so no biggie.  Eventually, he came back to my car.

"Where are you coming from, sir?"

"I just flew in from Kingman."

"Remember that, sir," he said, handing me my information.

"What?"

"Drive carefully and have a nice day."

He went back to his car and drove off.

Either he was bored and taking the piss, or I have been mistaken for someone else, or it's summertime.
Molon Lube

LMNO

I think he wanted you to acknowledge that you voluntarily flew to Tucson from Kingman.

You know, for liability purposes.

Doktor Howl

Quote from: LMNO on May 09, 2018, 01:11:29 PM
I think he wanted you to acknowledge that you voluntarily flew to Tucson from Kingman.

You know, for liability purposes.

Probably.

On the other hand, it IS technically summer here, even if it was only a paltry 99F today.
Molon Lube

bpseudopod

I went to Tuscon once. Fourth Avenue was cool, but as soon as I went south of Congress St, everything turned into the county seat of a backwater rural area and I was, frankly, frightened.

Doktor Howl

Quote from: bpseudopod on May 30, 2018, 02:07:29 AM
I went to Tuscon once. Fourth Avenue was cool, but as soon as I went south of Congress St, everything turned into the county seat of a backwater rural area and I was, frankly, frightened.

South Filth is a horrible place, but the only good fish & chips joint is there.
Molon Lube