News:

PD.com: promoting the nomadic, war-like and democratic lupine culture since 2002

Main Menu

Listen until you cannot talk

Started by Frontside Back, May 15, 2018, 10:42:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Frontside Back

Searching for answers in other peoples words is fucking idiotic.

Dulls your minds ability to come up with your own theories.

In a best case scenario you end up as a parrot.

I became mute.
"I want to be the Borg but I want to do it alone."

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Frontside Back on May 15, 2018, 10:42:10 PM
Searching for answers in other peoples words is fucking idiotic.

Dulls your minds ability to come up with your own theories.

In a best case scenario you end up as a parrot.

I became mute.

Also, Aristotle was a cunt.
Molon Lube

Frontside Back

There's still people wasting their brain juice processing his ideas. We should move on. History is almost as boring as repeating it over and over again.

LMNO

[narrator] And this, class, is how a person can develop an amazingly intricate personal philosophy and moral framework without realizing it had been developed, and debunked, more than a century prior.

Frontside Back

Times change. Once debunked may be correct as the fabric of reality mutates.

But being someone else's neuron, that's a no no.

Some people are too smart for their own good anyway.

LMNO

Quote from: Frontside Back on May 16, 2018, 03:32:07 PM
Some people are too smart for their own good anyway.

Well, we can at least agree on that.

I look forward to your re-creation of calculus. 

Frontside Back

I present you the cult, which sole purpose is to manipulate people to independently come up with the same exact cult, such that everyone thinks they are the cult leader.

Ziegejunge

Time to add "cult leader" to my resume, I guess.

Cramulus

Cramulus

I feel this in the realm of larp game design

In New England, we have all reached these conclusions about how to run a game. These conclusions were developed through 15-20 years of mistakes. There is this shared model of "how larps work" and people get real defensive about it.

Every so often a newcomer steps onto the stage and has some crazy new idea.

The veterans go "No, that will never work, we tried it, it sucked"

but you know...

sometimes it actually does work

There's something about the newcomer mindset, the person who lifts up a rock with no expectation of what they'll see.

There's something about "Outsider Art" - art not inspired by the artistic tradition, but coming from some novice whose never taken Art History. It's often clumsy and naieve and makes predictable mistakes, but also, it seems like the only way to escape the paradigm.

You can never enter the same river twice, and hail eris for that.

LMNO

That sort of sounds like an error in context and variables more than anything else.

"We tried X, but since more than 51% of people involved were asshats, it didn't work. Now that only 32% are asshats, it could probably work better this time."

Doktor Howl

Quote from: LMNO on May 16, 2018, 11:02:29 PM
That sort of sounds like an error in context and variables more than anything else.

"We tried X, but since more than 51% of people involved were asshats, it didn't work. Now that only 32% are asshats, it could probably work better this time."

Problem:  The number of assholes is a constant.
Molon Lube

Frontside Back

Quote from: Doktor Howl on May 17, 2018, 01:40:06 AM
The number of assholes is a constant.

So you're saying if we killed off all the non-assholes, the percentage nor the amount of assholes wouldn't change?

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Frontside Back on May 17, 2018, 04:19:19 AM
Quote from: Doktor Howl on May 17, 2018, 01:40:06 AM
The number of assholes is a constant.

So you're saying if we killed off all the non-assholes, the percentage nor the amount of assholes wouldn't change?

This is exactly what I'm saying.  You lower one variable, the other one goes down, too.
Molon Lube

Frontside Back

What if we put all the non-assholes in a cage? Would the cage-people develop their own asshole population?

How about reproductive penalties for assholiness? Greater amount of asshole children I assume.

IT'S NOT GENETICAL, IT'S SOCIAL DYNAMICAL EQULIBRIUM :aaa: :aaa: :aaa: :aaa: :aaa: :aaa: :aaa: :aaa: :aaa: