News:

PD may suddenly accelerate to dangerous speeds.  If PD splits open, do not look directly at resulting goo.  PD is still legal in 14 states.

Main Menu

Stream of Consciousness Thingie (CW philosopher abuse)

Started by Doktor Howl, May 24, 2018, 10:21:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Doktor Howl

So, Plato said in Republic "Get rid of all the artists", but I would argue that philosophy is a form of art, as it's basically reflection in need of validation, so Plato can

GET IN THE BACK OF THE VAN

And then there's that asshat Aristotle, who was so convinced of how beautiful his brain was that he insisted that empirical evidence be discarded in favor of logic.  This is objectively stupid and therefore his brain wasn't all that great and he can

VAN VAN VAN

Every single postmodernist, on account of "everything sucks" - implying that this includes their worldview and every idea they ever had, can

GET IN THE BACK OF THE

Stoics, who spend thousands of years saying you shouldn't holler when the rock hits you can ALSO

VAN

4000+ years of navel gazing and wondering what's real, when REAL is the thing that's punching you in the face, deserves only

THE VAN VAN VAN

AND THEN THERE'S THE FUCKING EPICUREANS, who believed that pleasure was the highest ideal, but getting that pleasure was best obtained by living like a trappist monk, ALL I CAN SAY IS

GET IN THE BACK OF THE VAN

(More to follow, when I get a handle on this Guirdaff guy that Cram is always on about.)
Molon Lube

Q. G. Pennyworth

There's always space in the back of the van for the people who THINK but do not DO, for the people who SCREAM but do not BREATHE, for the people who KNOW THE BARSTOOL IS COMING but DO NOT DUCK. Your cleverness will not save you.

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Q. G. Pennyworth on May 25, 2018, 12:13:04 AM
There's always space in the back of the van for the people who THINK but do not DO, for the people who SCREAM but do not BREATHE, for the people who KNOW THE BARSTOOL IS COMING but DO NOT DUCK. Your cleverness will not save you.

Point of order:  Nobody will be saved.  You will yell "DUCK" and they will stand there making Stanley Kubrick jokes. 

Molon Lube

Q. G. Pennyworth

Cramulus

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Cramulus on May 25, 2018, 05:36:10 AM

FOR ARISTOTLE, IT'S FREE

:lulz:

DAMMIT CRAM

Oh, also, I just remembered that I forgot to mail you those bits of your soul I found.  I will get to it this weekend.
Molon Lube

Cramulus

oooh stoics, oooh, haaha hi cum boys

oooooh  haha <3 your emotional control gets me so hard <3 <3 hehe wink emoji

Cramulus

YO

YO PLATO

YO

PLATO

YEAH YOU WITH THE BEAHD

FOR YOU
HALF PRICE

PREMIUM

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Cramulus on May 25, 2018, 05:46:43 AM

oooh stoics, oooh, haaha hi cum boys

oooooh  haha <3 your emotional control gets me so hard <3 <3 hehe wink emoji

SMILE FOR ME SENPAI
Molon Lube

Cramulus

LMNO

Q. G. Pennyworth

Quote from: LMNO on May 25, 2018, 12:56:49 PM
Quote from: Q. G. Pennyworth on May 25, 2018, 12:13:04 AM
Your cleverness will not save you.

Has this been Big-Worded?

Your Virtue Will Not Save You has been done twice, which is so close I'd feel weird about doing "cleverness" too.

LMNO