News:

Testamonial:  And i have actually gone to a bar and had a bouncer try to start a fight with me on the way in. I broke his teeth out of his fucking mouth and put his face through a passenger side window of a car.

Guess thats what the Internet was build for, pussy motherfuckers taking shit in safety...

Main Menu

I think it's time to write off the progressive demographic.

Started by Doktor Howl, May 29, 2018, 08:55:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Doktor Howl

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/ex-campaign-manager-sanders-is-considering-running-for-president-in-2020/ar-AAxZbX5?ocid=spartanntp

How many times can a man get mugged by the same people on the same street corner before people call him a rube?

Needless to say, whomever the democratic candidate is, the fight is on the left, not the right.  Because we're dumb.  So forget the progressive vote entirely, run a campaign that doesn't bother taking them into account.
Molon Lube

Cain

The 2018 "blue wave" is going to be the biggest disappointment since the grand finale of Lost.  I have rarely seen this level of political ineptitude, its like the Democratic party, on every wing, looked at Labour's first year under Corbyn and said "yeah, lets do that".

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Cain on May 29, 2018, 09:30:53 PM
The 2018 "blue wave" is going to be the biggest disappointment since the grand finale of Lost.  I have rarely seen this level of political ineptitude, its like the Democratic party, on every wing, looked at Labour's first year under Corbyn and said "yeah, lets do that".

It's not even the party.  Hell, the idea of going after the tax cuts isn't bad.

It's the left in general, which hates itself more than it hates Trump and McConnell.  The mainstream dems and the progressives would far rather snipe each other than the GOP.  In fact, I've noticed that the "progressives" ONLY snipe at dems, rather than sparing a little of their wrath for Trump.  If you mention "Trump was caught shoving WWII veterans into traffic," the response will be "BUT HILLARY."

I am coming to believe that progressives are in fact republicans.  There's no functional difference, at any rate.
Molon Lube

LMNO

Where are you meeting these people?  The progressives I've run across do want their candidates to be as far to the left as they are and get pissed when their only choice for a Democrat is someone who could have run as a 1970s Republican, but there's a lot of rage and bile for the GOP and Trump. 

Cain

Quote from: Doktor Howl on May 29, 2018, 09:53:54 PM
Quote from: Cain on May 29, 2018, 09:30:53 PM

It's not even the party.  Hell, the idea of going after the tax cuts isn't bad.

It's the left in general, which hates itself more than it hates Trump and McConnell.  The mainstream dems and the progressives would far rather snipe each other than the GOP.  In fact, I've noticed that the "progressives" ONLY snipe at dems, rather than sparing a little of their wrath for Trump.  If you mention "Trump was caught shoving WWII veterans into traffic," the response will be "BUT HILLARY."

I am coming to believe that progressives are in fact republicans.  There's no functional difference, at any rate.

I think it plays a role.  The party is in complete organisational disarray, from what I can see, so that has everyone pushing their own objectives and making internal power plays instead of focusing on the task at hand.  The weakness invites infighting, and everyone intent on refighting the 2016 primaries are going to be the worst offenders.

Doktor Howl

Quote from: LMNO on May 30, 2018, 01:06:06 PM
Where are you meeting these people?  The progressives I've run across do want their candidates to be as far to the left as they are and get pissed when their only choice for a Democrat is someone who could have run as a 1970s Republican, but there's a lot of rage and bile for the GOP and Trump.

I meet this people in Tucson, on FB, and everywhere else anyone talks about any politics at all.

Most of the progressives I talk to say shit like "At least Hillary didn't win," as if she would have been as bad as THIS FUCKING SHIT.

I hate them, and I want them to get the government they deserve.  In the face.
Molon Lube

tyrannosaurus vex

All I know is we're about 5 months away from the midterm election, and I have not seen the barest murmur of a coherent message from anywhere left of Mitch McConnell.

Oh, there's plenty of indignation and outrage, but nobody is SAYING anything. Not on TV, not on Twitter, not on the radio (I mean, I think radio still exists).

I think that, somehow, everyone still thinks Trump is some kind of glitch. They just assume it's an aberration and votes will magically materialize to fix the problem. Because this can't be America. Russia played a joke is all, and we're smarter now. Mmhmm.

Actually, people are saying things. Justice Democrats and Brand New Congress send me sales pitches disguised as essays a few times a week. They'd like to fix campaign financing and save public parks, because where they live it's still 1997 and there are no Nazis marching through their gated communities.

The rest of the Democrats are hard at work co-opting George W Bush's platform and hosting fundraisers with those Job Creators they pretend not to owe their careers to.

When November rolls around and the Democrats manage to blow the biggest opportunity they've had in decades, we will just start talking about 2020 and do it all over again. But this is as it should be. It's just what happens when you let humans make decisions.
Evil and Unfeeling Arse-Flenser From The City of the Damned.

Bruno

Saw a meam today about how someday Trump will be dead or something, and thiss will all just be like a bad dream, again, or something. and I'm thinking whoever made or shared thins crap doesn't even come close to understanding the problem. a solid third of the voting population in this country is totally down with this shit, and most of the rest either don't care enough to even vote, or are too busy huffing their own farts to get their shit together enough to stop it from happening again in 2020.

At this point, I would put money on another 4 years of Trump and/or Pence.
Formerly something else...

Doktor Howl

Quote from: tyrannosaurus vex on May 31, 2018, 05:09:43 AM
All I know is we're about 5 months away from the midterm election, and I have not seen the barest murmur of a coherent message from anywhere left of Mitch McConnell.

Oh, there's plenty of indignation and outrage, but nobody is SAYING anything. Not on TV, not on Twitter, not on the radio (I mean, I think radio still exists).

I think that, somehow, everyone still thinks Trump is some kind of glitch. They just assume it's an aberration and votes will magically materialize to fix the problem. Because this can't be America. Russia played a joke is all, and we're smarter now. Mmhmm.

Actually, people are saying things. Justice Democrats and Brand New Congress send me sales pitches disguised as essays a few times a week. They'd like to fix campaign financing and save public parks, because where they live it's still 1997 and there are no Nazis marching through their gated communities.

The rest of the Democrats are hard at work co-opting George W Bush's platform and hosting fundraisers with those Job Creators they pretend not to owe their careers to.

When November rolls around and the Democrats manage to blow the biggest opportunity they've had in decades, we will just start talking about 2020 and do it all over again. But this is as it should be. It's just what happens when you let humans make decisions.

I've seen Pelosi's mob talking about hitting the tax cuts in the face to support education.

It got like 4 seconds of air time.
Molon Lube

ñͤͣ̄ͦ̌̑͗͊͛͂͗ ̸̨̨̣̺̼̣̜͙͈͕̮̊̈́̈͂͛̽͊ͭ̓͆ͅé ̰̓̓́ͯ́́͞

*starts a thread to snipe on leftists*

"Why does the left hate itself so much?"

I dunno man, maybe you could spend more time helping to organize and inspire people on your side rather than attacking leftists for attacking leftists who fail YOUR purity test.
P E R   A S P E R A   A D   A S T R A

POFP

Quote from: N E T on June 05, 2018, 06:47:15 AM

I dunno man, maybe you could spend more time helping to organize and inspire people on your side rather than attacking leftists for attacking leftists who fail YOUR purity test.

Since when is describing, in detail, and advocating against a self-defeating movement within one's closest political equivalency the same thing as attacking one's own political equivalency?

Kinda takes me back to that leaked CIA (Or was it KGB?) document describing ways counter-intelligence operatives throw stones in an organization's efficiency by filling their meetings with useless nonsense and complaints to waste time and resources. In this analogy, you're the guy defending these useless complaints by attacking the people trained to spot this counter-intelligence technique.

"WAHHHHHHH, Aren't YOU just slowing down this organization by pointing out this pattern of disarray? WAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!"

You may think you're advocating for progress with this childish crybaby fest, but you're really just holding it back. Exposing this pattern of disarray is important, and making sure the rest of the movement is aware by putting it into digestible writing is even more important.
This Certified Pope™ reserves the Right to, on occasion, "be a complete dumbass", and otherwise ponder "idiotic" and/or "useless" ideas and other such "tomfoolery." [Aforementioned] are only responsible for the results of these actions and tendencies when they have had their addictive substance of choice for that day.

Being a Product of their Environment's Collective Order and Disorder, [Aforementioned] also reserves the Right to have their ideas, technologies, and otherwise all Intellectual Property stolen, re-purposed, and re-attributed at Will ONLY by other Certified Popes. Corporations, LLC's, and otherwise Capitalist-based organizations are NOT capable of being Certified Popes.

Battering Rams not included.

Doktor Howl

Quote from: N E T on June 05, 2018, 06:47:15 AM

Or maybe I could herd cats until my balls explode in sheer frustration.  The result would be EXACTLY THE SAME, except, yanno, with cats.

Or maybe I could just plan on the progressives shitting the bed, and adjust my personal plans accordingly.
Molon Lube

Doktor Howl

Quote from: PoFP on June 05, 2018, 05:57:08 PM

Since when is describing, in detail, and advocating against a self-defeating movement within one's closest political equivalency the same thing as attacking one's own political equivalency?

When you're doing it from the "wrong side" of the divide.  If I were bitching that the more mainstream lefties were all fucked in the head, it would be fine, because BERNIE CAN STILL WIN.  HERE'S HOW.

Molon Lube

LMNO

Quote from: Doktor Howl on June 05, 2018, 08:08:31 PM
Quote from: PoFP on June 05, 2018, 05:57:08 PM

When you're doing it from the "wrong side" of the divide.  If I were bitching that the more mainstream lefties were all fucked in the head, it would be fine, because BERNIE CAN STILL WIN.  HERE'S HOW.

It is worth pointing out that an "outsider" Senator form Oregon caused a media stir by approaching and getting turned away from an immigrant's children's detention center (and they had to call the cops on the senator), in order to direct the media et al toward this issue.

Meanwhile, "mainstream" Chuck Schumer tried to do a photo op next to a gas station to talk about slightly higher gas prices.

The point being, progressive objections to centrist Dems catering towards white middle class people's problems is, after all, a problem.

Q. G. Pennyworth