News:

PD.com forums: a disorganized echo-chamber full of concordian, Greyfaced radical left-wing nutjobs who honestly believe they can take down imaginary Nazis by distributing flyers. They are highly-suspicious of all newcomers and hostile to almost everyone, including themselves. The only thing they don't take seriously is Discordianism.

Main Menu

Lock her up

Started by Zenpatista, June 24, 2018, 04:18:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Cain on June 27, 2018, 11:22:34 PM
Initially, for sure.  It will be very easy to bring the prison contractors in and expand their already existing system to the new camps.

But that won't be extreme enough for the radical right.  It will never be extreme enough, "our money being spent to house and feed these illegal vermin".  The implication will be left unsaid, at least in the immediate future, but it will be clear what is meant.

Oh, that's coming.  But even the Jews in Nazi Germany were disposable labor for a while.
Molon Lube

Zenpatista

The idea that there's a pending civil war or at least unrest continues to bother me. I wanted to thank you for posting some numbers. It helps me see that I'm not too far different in opinion. I'm glad Mueller's case is building a deep foundation. I'm hoping it's so clear that even the deniers have to accept Trump's presumed guilt. I'm just worried a substantial number of militias will go nuts, declare it all fake news and count on getting pardoned if they do anything illegal.

It seems also likely that these camps will persist, unseen, while we figure out WTF is going on in the US.

Where do you think the various institutions would side? I'm hoping most of the national guards (i.e., state militias) would follow the state rather than federal or presidential edicts. Border patrol and ICE seem pretty happy with their first class tickets on the Trump train. Local law enforcement? I dunno, Tucson is remarkably "cool" about a lot of things. Our PD to the north are pretty awful though.

Unrelated note - I'm ok with comments about my writing. It's something I wish I was better at and I'm hoping for feedback. Please PM or post.

Cain

Wank fantasies on /pol/ aside, I don't see a whole lot of people interested in insurrection.  The militias may go nuts, I wouldn't doubt the possibility, but those militias were thoroughly infiltrated by the FBI decades ago.  A Sovereign Citizen can't take a shit without it turning up in an FBI informant report the next day.  And alot of them are all talk, to be honest. 

It depends on who does the impeaching as well, of course.  If the Democrats do it, and lets be honest they're probably the only ones who will, then the chances of more people going nuts is higher.  If the Republican Party turns on him, he'll have considerably less support.  And by and large, the people who run the national security apparatus hate Trump.  Military, intelligence...you look at their leadership, their officer corps, and by and large they know the man's a walking liability.  And the performance last week with NATO and on Monday with Putin just reconfirms it.

That's not to say you need an officer corps for a successful coup - but it increases the odds.

Civil unrest would be more my concern.  Alex Jones and Sean Hannity and Tucker Carlson whipping the lardass Confederate flag waving contingent into a frenzy, where they decide to go smash in some local minority's windows.  Local PDs standing by and letting it happen.  Lynchings.  Maybe some riots. Amateur hour domestic terrorists, copying recipes from the Anarchist's Cookbook and blowing themselves up in the process.  Couple of assassination attempts.  1960s style political violence.