News:

There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.

Main Menu

Rev Roger Sermon #21: Leeetttts get ready to Rummmmmmble!

Started by The Good Reverend Roger, July 29, 2003, 11:52:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Good Reverend Roger

" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Official

Official Guest, Pirate, Ninja, Bastard, and Shit-Stirrer, at your service. (Purple Monkey Cabal)

Irreverend Hugh, KSC

The Man is Amazing. *Sobs* *Repents of his own vile Cthulu-eating ways*

Thanks Roger. *sniffs*

*Aims browning rifle out the window*....
"Time for the tin-foil hats, girls and boys!"

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: St. Hugh, KSCThe Man is Amazing. *Sobs* *Repents of his own vile Cthulu-eating ways*

Thanks Roger. *sniffs*

*Aims browning rifle out the window*....

Well, okay, then...The Mighty, Mighty Rev absolves you.

Shooting isn't going to help, though...that is the tool of the CoN.

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

Irreverend Hugh, KSC

I know. But my fingers are so itchy. I have to shoot.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: St. Hugh, KSCI know. But my fingers are so itchy. I have to shoot.

Do it on your own time.  We have gears to throw sand in,  rallies to disrupt, police cars to bumpersticker ("OBEY"), and other hienous activities that will, eventually, get us smashed flat by the CoN.

And election year is coming fast...BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Irreverend Hugh, KSC

Okay. But How' bout the occasional fat politician? I mean I have these boxes of ammo and they take up a lot of space.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: St. Hugh, KSCOkay. But How' bout the occasional fat politician? I mean I have these boxes of ammo and they take up a lot of space.

What good would THAT do?  You may as well bail the ocean with a teaspoon.

The system ITSELF is rotten to the core...utterly without ANY redeeming virtues.  All you would do is generate "Belt-way kill", which would fester in the sun, causing a miasma almost rivalling that of the current administration.

PrincessEris von Tartarus

Roger, i bow to your words and say:

My whole bloody existance is disrupting enough. how often have people begun to argue just because of my strange presence. i do seomethin, or even wear a special style of clothing and heads turn and people begin to talk. i just do not give a fucking damn about what people think. well sometimes it feels strange to be looked at because of sublime freakishness but on the other hand i would rather be the way i am than a stramline slave fish swimming along with the rest of the swarm.

do you know what i mean. you think nothing special about yourself and your appearance, but people give you stares and funny looks. especially greyface teenagers or uppity office geeks. on good days i love it. on bad hair days i could draw a gun and shoot. but whats violence good for? rather exist on the way i always have and do more lasting harm till i die.
Atomic Assassin - Die Attentäterin - DIA/DND
International Mush Mullah with Tao Jones

Ich liebe dich mein wunderbarer Kohlkopfkiller! Du hast mein
Herz erwärmt und lässt meine Gedanken erblühen und meine Muschi glühen.... *g*

Trollax

I'll go with EvT on this one...
I'd prefer to be a virus rather than a weapon... Beneath this shockingly real and servile exterior lives an insane squid-wuilding monk with a mission, and the best part is, the foppish intellectual aids in my cause as I subvert his outlandish dreams and amplify his base desires... the feedback loop is dead, this vile little cell has resumed it's normal functioning and is pumping out some low-wattage social-cancer vibes... But don't be afraid, get nekkid, smear yourself with your condiment of choice and go running through the streets... I meanwhile have a diabolical plan to keep working on... One mind at a time...

~Machivaellian Trollax~

SMFabal

Quote from: The Good Reverend RogerWell, kids, it's just about that fucking time, isn't it?  Time to look around you and see that your haiku hasn't saved you, Zen Buddhism hasn't saved you, and Eris isn't even INTERESTED in saving you...the short and skinny, chilluns, is that you aren't going to be saved.  That's right!  You are SCREWED, BLUED, and TATOOED!
You AREN'T going to be saved, things AREN'T going to be ok, nothing is EVER gonna get better, and NOBODY is gonna help you except YOU.  It's too late to compromise with the CoN...things have gone TOO FAR.  The damage to the social contract is TOO GREAT.
Damage to the social contract is never too great. We still enjoy greater freedom than, say, your average peasant from 1002 AD. Yes, our system is flawed. Yes, we have problems. Yes, our leaders lie, cheat and steel without regard for "traditional morality".
BIG FAT FUCKING HARRY DEAL!
It's happened in Europe all the time. England created the Magna Carta. French stormed the Bastille. Germany tried to take over the world (OK, bad example). My point is, when you destroy our current world, waht would you replace it with? A Chaotic state, with our current population, would only span a MUCH m,ore repessive state than we have now.

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger
Yeeeeeeah, that's right!  The only question the mighty, mighty Rev has for YOU is this:  What in HELL are YOU gonna DO ABOUT IT?  YOU, not the other guy!  Not your political party of choice, not your favorite "celebrity activist", snivelling his/her way from one photo-op to another!

Another truth from the mighty Rev:  Most of you aren't gonna do SHYT!  That's right!  You'll TALK about it, when you aren't too busy convincing yourself that playing "two words" makes you a BOBDAMNED "Discordian"!  THAT'S NOT CHAOS!  That is NOT the work of our Lady!

That's right.  Poetry isn't going to do a damned thing!  You live in a culture where opiates are the religion of the masses, where TV replaces original thought, the internet has replaced action, and we can alllllll forget that anything is wrong, right until the frickin' wrecking ball drives us right through the brick wall!
You are too impatient, Roger. Why, this movement has only just begun. What, thirty, maybe forty years and you want the world to be ready? I'm reminded of a time, around 2000 years ago, when men quietly preached their messages to anyone who would hear. It took FOUR HUNDRED YEARS for even the smallest part of that message to be heard! Patience, my Good Reverend.

Incidently, finding only one young mind, one lost soul for the future, is more than enough to justify all the poetry, Zen and general silliness. Laughter, my Good Reverend, is what will keep us moving forward when all the Doom and Dumb weighs on us, treatening to drag us back into the Sheeple's Greyfaced Flock.
SMFabal, High Pope of CoCK, PSP, CW, KSC, FP, GH, MORBJ

Q: How serious are you about this whole "Discordian" thing?
A: A blue fish Tuesday!
Q: No really, it this, like, deeply philosphical, or just a huge joke?
A: Yes.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Eris von TartarusRoger, i bow to your words and say:

My whole bloody existance is disrupting enough. how often have people begun to argue just because of my strange presence. i do seomethin, or even wear a special style of clothing and heads turn and people begin to talk. i just do not give a fucking damn about what people think. well sometimes it feels strange to be looked at because of sublime freakishness but on the other hand i would rather be the way i am than a stramline slave fish swimming along with the rest of the swarm.

do you know what i mean. you think nothing special about yourself and your appearance, but people give you stares and funny looks. especially greyface teenagers or uppity office geeks. on good days i love it. on bad hair days i could draw a gun and shoot. but whats violence good for? rather exist on the way i always have and do more lasting harm till i die.

I know exactly what you mean.

But WHO suggested violence?  Not I...in fact, if you will read the responses, you will see that I counselled AGAINST it, as a tool of the CoN, a tool which cannot be trusted.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: SMFabal
Damage to the social contract is never too great. We still enjoy greater freedom than, say, your average peasant from 1002 AD. Yes, our system is flawed. Yes, we have problems. Yes, our leaders lie, cheat and steel without regard for "traditional morality".
It's happened in Europe all the time. England created the Magna Carta. French stormed the Bastille. Germany tried to take over the world (OK, bad example). My point is, when you destroy our current world, waht would you replace it with? A Chaotic state, with our current population, would only span a MUCH m,ore repessive state than we have now.

You are too impatient, Roger. Why, this movement has only just begun. What, thirty, maybe forty years and you want the world to be ready? I'm reminded of a time, around 2000 years ago, when men quietly preached their messages to anyone who would hear. It took FOUR HUNDRED YEARS for even the smallest part of that message to be heard! Patience, my Good Reverend.

Incidently, finding only one young mind, one lost soul for the future, is more than enough to justify all the poetry, Zen and general silliness. Laughter, my Good Reverend, is what will keep us moving forward when all the Doom and Dumb weighs on us, treatening to drag us back into the Sheeple's Greyfaced Flock.

1.  Impatient?  I have been doing this actively for the last 20 years!

2.  This is no longer an issue of poetry, zen, OR lost souls.  Look around you...If you live in America, welcome to the machine.  If you DON'T live in America, watch out for the machine!  There's some seriously bad juju coming doen the pike, my friend; and war without end is JUST THE BEGINNING!

SMFabal

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger
Quote from: SMFabal
It's happened in Europe all the time. England created the Magna Carta. French stormed the Bastille. Germany tried to take over the world (OK, bad example). My point is, when you destroy our current world, waht would you replace it with? A Chaotic state, with our current population, would only span a MUCH more repessive state than we have now.

1.  Impatient?  I have been doing this actively for the last 20 years!

2.  This is no longer an issue of poetry, zen, OR lost souls.  Look around you...If you live in America, welcome to the machine.  If you DON'T live in America, watch out for the machine!  There's some seriously bad juju coming doen the pike, my friend; and war without end is JUST THE BEGINNING!

Twenty years? One drop in the ocean. A single grain of sand in the hourglass. You have seen one generation go by Roger. Is the next more or less willing to change than the old?

Twenty years? Only one generation. The very concepts of Democracy and Freedom, those IDEALS that our leadership is now twisting, were THREE THOUSAND YEARS in the making! Responsibilty for your own actions has taken FOUR HUNDRED years, and its still scambling for a foot hold!

Twenty years. We will not see real change in our lifetime, Roger. Nor will our children, or our children's children. You seek to paint a boat with a hole in the keel. You society might look better, for a brief while, but it will still sink. The only real hope is to repair the damage, and that can only be done one peice at a time. One person at a time. ONe mind, saved from mental slavery to Media.

But souls, yes, that was a poor choice of wording. I refered not to eternal spirit but (if you will) Warriors Spirit. I'm talking about MINDS, Roger. Minds that will see through the falsh and glitter our Government throws out to cever their failure to obey the "Social Contract". And if I must give up simple joys like laughing at silly posts with no meaning, the I WILLINGLY give up my freedom to change the world, and accept my freedom to be HAPPY.

And The Machine. What Machine, or rather, Which Machine? Political? Mechanical? Electronic? The Machine is a new social order in the making. Methods of communication have changed, wildly and impossibly fast. The machine, as I see it, is just society as a whole suffering from a knee-jerk reaction. It will settle by the 22nd century. Its just our poor luck we're going to live through the struggling upheavals until things settle again.

And war has not ended in all of recorded history. It is only that we Americans have refused to see it.
SMFabal, High Pope of CoCK, PSP, CW, KSC, FP, GH, MORBJ

Q: How serious are you about this whole "Discordian" thing?
A: A blue fish Tuesday!
Q: No really, it this, like, deeply philosphical, or just a huge joke?
A: Yes.

The Good Reverend Roger

Bullshit.  A whole lot can be accomplished in a lot less than 20 years...and In my 35+ years on this planet, I have seen some examples.

Now, your solution would be what?  Duck your head, and wait til it all blows over?

Lotsa luck.