News:

Today, for a brief second, I thought of a life without Roger. It was much like my current life, except that this forum was a bit nicer.

Main Menu

Rev Roger Sermon #21: Leeetttts get ready to Rummmmmmble!

Started by The Good Reverend Roger, July 29, 2003, 11:52:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Trollax

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger
Quote from: St. TrollaxSee roger... this is why I like you... We have similar ideals and differend methods of employment... We don't tear each other's heads off either (mind you mine is detachable) see. In six months it's already working.
I don't think it need take 100's of years... If It did, we'd remember past lives because our behaviour would take so long to alter... It's been 6 years for me... Still going... 20 years for your good self there... it's just a question of getting people to willingly (not forcing them as some would have us believe) unplug from the machine... But reaching that place is the problem... and there are so many competing theories... that's right COMPETING... because our pattern-seeking brains have this feedback loop that tends to exclude other possibilities...

It takes innovation to think of something different and audacity to do something differently ~Jonar C. Nader~

~Audacious Trollax~

You modern Discordians are too cerebral for me.

We've gone from tossing wrenches in the gears to TALKING ABOUT IT.

ON THE INTERNET.

(That's not necessarily a bad thing, mind you, but it seems that the othos was changed since I was introduced to Eris.

I'm not sure the change is for the better...Discordianism welcomes change, but a change which neuters it is not, IMO, a desirable thing.

Actually the cerebellum isn't good enough... I prefer to get frontal, I like tossing my psychic spanner in the mental works... I dig what you're saying about the hands-on approach... most of us young-ens were born into a world that was already afraid of everyone else, give it time...

~Panic Trollax~

Official

Paranoia? Us? What? Me worry? About? What? What should I worry about, man? Uh oh! I'm afraid. I know I'm supposed to have something to worry about. But what is it? Bobdamn it all!
Official Guest, Pirate, Ninja, Bastard, and Shit-Stirrer, at your service. (Purple Monkey Cabal)

Tyallie

Is any of this necessary? I see the point of this revoloutionary discourse yet i almost (but not entierly) fail to see how it can relate to anything on a non-materialistic level... all very inspiring and heartwrenching all the same
Hey Don't Look Now, There goes God In his sexy pants and his sausage dog And he can't stand Beelzebub cos he looks so good in black.
--
no reira e hoa ma te kai a te rangatira he korero me he koteo mau kupenga.

Official

Official Guest, Pirate, Ninja, Bastard, and Shit-Stirrer, at your service. (Purple Monkey Cabal)

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: TyallieIs any of this necessary? I see the point of this revoloutionary discourse yet i almost (but not entierly) fail to see how it can relate to anything on a non-materialistic level... all very inspiring and heartwrenching all the same

"non-Materialistic"?  

You can't eat haiku.

You can't be free in a chainlink cage...hell, these days you cannot be free OUTSIDE of one.,,and freedom is the ONLY state of being fit for a human.

Helathy body, healthy mind.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: St. Hugh, KSC
There are real power dynamics out there that cause the untold suffering of billions of people. When the power dynamics change, the violence can lessen....maybe.

I had enough violence in my 10 years in the infantry.

Besides, a revolution for freedom isn't much good if that freedom is the freedom of the grave...witness Iraq for proof.

Though I consider my freedom as being more important than my life, I do not feel that I have the right to make that decision for others.

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

Irreverend Hugh, KSC

I just don't think violence will go away until some real change happens. I don't use violent methods myself, but I won't condemn those who feel they must. I don't necessarily believe a revolution needs to be violent, but to be realistic it probably would be.

As for Iraq...I don't believe any of that BS about the USA 'liberating' the Iraqi people. The USA liberated the damn oil from Hussein. And fucked the Iraqi people. If the Iraqis start fighting to climb out from under the great big American penis, so be it.

I'm with you on the freedom part. I love my freedom more than anything. But I don't expect anyone else to feel the same way. Nor will I choose for anyone else. I tend to think that many people who want freedom may not know where or how to find it.
"Time for the tin-foil hats, girls and boys!"

The Good Reverend Roger

Iraq?  Old news.  You aren't supposed to be looking at that anymore.

Now we are liberating Liberia for the Librarians!  :shock:

Irreverend Hugh, KSC

"Time for the tin-foil hats, girls and boys!"

Official

Yep. Those violent assed librarians need to be liberated in Liberia.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: OfficialYep. Those violent assed librarians need to be liberated in Liberia.

You DON'T want to know what they do to people who have more than one over-due book...Good Gawd A'mighty!  THe horror...the horror...

Official

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: OfficialI'm scared! We need to do something about them.

No problem.  As soon as we pass PATRIOT II (The Expanded Security Act of 2003), we will make ALL the scary stuff go away.

Trust us.

The Commander

The Commander
DIA
Discordian Intelligence Agency

Slarti

Quote from: OfficialIf the machine cannot make toast for us, smash it!
I'm with official on that one too