News:

OK fuckers, let me out of here. I farted for you, what more do you want from me? Jesus fuck.

Main Menu

UNLIMITED Immigration Nutbaggery Thread

Started by Doktor Howl, July 02, 2018, 07:04:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Faust

He saw it, he went right to the admin email to "contest his ban" which was entirely just him trying to justify his position "Hands are tied, no way to stop immigration without child concentration camps, Obama did it first, you wouldn't care if it wasn't for the midterms".
I don't like tarring a nation as brittle spirits, but his ilk and their short sighted small minded compromising of ideals to succumb to fear riles me. "We can put a man in the moon, and split the atom but we cant come up with a solution to stop Mexicans walking into our country without torturing them, it's literally impossible".

Sleepless nights at the chateau

rong

I thought they were detainment centers.  Isn't referring to them as concentration camps or gulags along the lines of the argumentative technique (I forget what its called) of saying "when did you stop beating your wife?"

I doubt these children are performing forced labor and are likely not starving or being gassed - but nothing surprises me lately.
"a real smart feller, he felt smart"

Faust

Its a derogatory term, though the detainment centers for the japanese in the 40s were about as close as it gets to concentration camps. Wasnt there even experimentation on prisoners?

A detainment facility crosses into the dark territory when children are harmed though, war crimes and all that

Doktor Howl

Quote from: rong on July 03, 2018, 03:23:09 PM
I thought they were detainment centers.  Isn't referring to them as concentration camps or gulags along the lines of the argumentative technique (I forget what its called) of saying "when did you stop beating your wife?"

I doubt these children are performing forced labor and are likely not starving or being gassed - but nothing surprises me lately.

They are by definition concentration camps.  You are taking an identifiable group, and detaining them together for being members of that identifiable group.

All death camps are concentration camps.  Not all concentration camps are death camps.

I'd argue that calling them "detainment facilities" is sanitizing the situation.

Molon Lube

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Faust on July 03, 2018, 11:10:09 AM
He saw it, he went right to the admin email to "contest his ban" which was entirely just him trying to justify his position "Hands are tied, no way to stop immigration without child concentration camps, Obama did it first, you wouldn't care if it wasn't for the midterms".
I don't like tarring a nation as brittle spirits, but his ilk and their short sighted small minded compromising of ideals to succumb to fear riles me. "We can put a man in the moon, and split the atom but we cant come up with a solution to stop Mexicans walking into our country without torturing them, it's literally impossible".

It's not about Mexicans, really, and it's certainly not about "illegal aliens".  It's mostly aimed at asylum seeking families, because Trump and Miller don't want brown people moving here.  This was more or less stated back in January of 2017.
Molon Lube

rong

So much is about language- are they illegal aliens or undocumented immigrants?

I agree what you mean about concentration camps except the term has become tainted and you can't really say it without invoking thoughts of Nazis and holocaust which I think is the intent.

I believe the Trump administration began enforcing child separation to get press exposure and try to force congress to do something about it.

I have yet to hear answer as to why all these asylum seekers go right past the 7 US consulatez/embassies in Mexico (not counting the three on the border) where they could request asylum and instead go right to the border and, I presume, request asylum after they get caught.

Doktor Howl

Quote from: rong on July 03, 2018, 04:13:02 PM
So much is about language- are they illegal aliens or undocumented immigrants?

I agree what you mean about concentration camps except the term has become tainted and you can't really say it without invoking thoughts of Nazis and holocaust which I think is the intent.

When I say "concentration camps", I mean concentration camps.  If I thought they were death camps, I would use THAT term, as it is far more harsh.

QuoteI believe the Trump administration began enforcing child separation to get press exposure and try to force congress to do something about it.

There was nothing to enforce.  Child separation was only a matter of law if there was demonstratable risk to the child or a guardian wasn't present (ie, a kid came on his/her own looking for asylum).  What Trump does that neither Clinton nor Bush nor Obama did was to take children from their guardians, barring those conditions.

QuoteI have yet to hear answer as to why all these asylum seekers go right past the 7 US consulatez/embassies in Mexico (not counting the three on the border) where they could request asylum and instead go right to the border and, I presume, request asylum after they get caught.

Because for some of these people, the penalty for trying and failing is death.  Particularly in Guatemala and Honduras.  Until now, coming in somewhere other than a checkpoint looking for asylum has not even been a misdemeanor.

In the end, it comes down to this:  Either you are for hair-shirt punishment techniques or you are not.

What's really grotesque about this is that there is no undocumented immigrant crisis.  From 1998 to 2016, the number of undocumented aliens dropped from 12.6 million to 11.3 million, in a population of 326 million.  Immigrants are far less likely to commit crimes than people born and raised here. This "crisis" is strictly racism and a base-rallying cry from the far right.
Molon Lube

Doktor Howl

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/church-detains-jesus-mary-joseph-to-protest-trumps-immigration-policy/ar-AAzxkIF?ocid=spartanntp

Clever

Then horrormirth

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2018/07/02/celebrating-independence-day-detention-camps-trump-immigration/735157002/

Then just plain horror

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2018/06/27/immigrant-children-deportation-court/739205002/

Quote"We were representing a 3-year-old in court recently who had been separated from the parents. And the child – in the middle of the hearing – started climbing up on the table," said Lindsay Toczylowski, executive director of Immigrant Defenders Law Center in Los Angeles. "It really highlighted the absurdity of what we're doing with these kids."
Molon Lube

Faust

Concentration camps weren't enough, so lets have Kangaroo courts to try legitimise the villainy

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Faust on July 03, 2018, 10:45:22 PM
Concentration camps weren't enough, so lets have Kangaroo courts to try legitimise the villainy

Well, yes.  It is not at all unreasonable to put a 3 year old in court without the presence of a parent, or even notifying the parents that the hearing is to take place.

Fun question:  If a child were to be found against, how do you deport an unaccompanied 3 year old, when you have lost track of who the kid is and who his family is?
Molon Lube

Faust

Quote from: Doktor Howl on July 03, 2018, 10:56:26 PM

Well, yes.  It is not at all unreasonable to put a 3 year old in court without the presence of a parent, or even notifying the parents that the hearing is to take place.

Fun question:  If a child were to be found against, how do you deport an unaccompanied 3 year old, when you have lost track of who the kid is and who his family is?

Based on the last two weeks track record of doing the worst possible thing I imagine ICE hand them over to the nearest sex trafficker

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Faust on July 03, 2018, 11:05:31 PM
Quote from: Doktor Howl on July 03, 2018, 10:56:26 PM

Based on the last two weeks track record of doing the worst possible thing I imagine ICE hand them over to the nearest sex trafficker

More or less.  Or just let them off in Nogales unaccompanied.
Molon Lube

tyrannosaurus vex

Look, I don't know what everyone's so bent out of shape about. If these toddlers didn't want to be abandoned in Nogales all alone, they shouldn't have masterminded the political unrest that shattered their own countries and sent their families running for shelter in America. I mean, you snowflakes really are off the deep end. Since when was it MY job as a taxpayer to shield everyone on the planet from the consequences of their own bad decisions?
Evil and Unfeeling Arse-Flenser From The City of the Damned.

Doktor Howl

Quote from: tyrannosaurus vex on July 03, 2018, 11:32:05 PM
Look, I don't know what everyone's so bent out of shape about. If these toddlers didn't want to be abandoned in Nogales all alone, they shouldn't have masterminded the political unrest that shattered their own countries and sent their families running for shelter in America. I mean, you snowflakes really are off the deep end. Since when was it MY job as a taxpayer to shield everyone on the planet from the consequences of their own bad decisions?

:lulz:

Being abandoned in the desert at age 3 is a matter of personal responsibility.
Molon Lube

rong

At age 3 they're really just a clump of cells anyway