News:

Proud member of the Vin Diesel Friendship Brigade

Main Menu

UNLIMITED Immigration Nutbaggery Thread

Started by Doktor Howl, July 02, 2018, 07:04:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

altered

The only way to get worse than concentration camps is private sector for-profit concentration camps run by the lowest bidder as far below budget as physically possible, after all.
"I am that worst of all type of criminal...I cannot bring myself to do what you tell me, because you told me."

There's over 100 of us in this meat-suit. You'd think it runs like a ship, but it's more like a hundred and ten angry ghosts having an old-school QuakeWorld tournament, three people desperately trying to make sure the gamers don't go hungry or soil themselves, and the Facilities manager weeping in the corner as the garbage piles high.

Cain

Also the DNA samples being taken. They say it's "just" for future crime prevention, but I have a very bad feeling about where that can go....

altered

Just a feeling? It's a fucking certainty.
"I am that worst of all type of criminal...I cannot bring myself to do what you tell me, because you told me."

There's over 100 of us in this meat-suit. You'd think it runs like a ship, but it's more like a hundred and ten angry ghosts having an old-school QuakeWorld tournament, three people desperately trying to make sure the gamers don't go hungry or soil themselves, and the Facilities manager weeping in the corner as the garbage piles high.

Cain

You don't know how bad my imagination can get. One thing government functionaries, especially in security, and terrorists have in common is a distinct lack of imagination. They'll do something hurr-durr stupid and evil with it, of course. What I worry is that now they're putting ideas in the mind of people who don't default to hurr-durr stupid, who will do something horrifically evil with it, further down the line.

altered

I am pretty sure you and I are on the same page. More or less on the lines of eugenics as a proactive approach to crime management. Nazi Germany meets Big Data. Maybe you have worse ideas, but there are shades of badness and that's close to the worse end of things.

The thing is, that sort of deal is all over the Trump admin's propaganda already. Trump his own stupid self has said things in that neighborhood. I'm not worried about it possibly happening, because I'm 100% certain it will go down that route if not actively prevented, and I'm pretty sure that they'll do everything they can to entrench it in there firmly.

Cain

Yeah, the intersection of genetic databases, the surveillance state and big data has so many unpleasant implications my skin is crawling.

altered

I think we basically agree here, yeah. I just think it's guaranteed to be used for the worst possible things, and that the sick imaginations you worry about are in fact behind the push for it. It's not about not giving them ideas, it's about taking their toys away before they get to open the package, which is a very different problem space.

The Johnny

Quote from: Cain on October 04, 2019, 12:05:29 AM
Yeah, the intersection of genetic databases, the surveillance state and big data has so many unpleasant implications my skin is crawling.

So, like China and how they officially launched their social credit system this year?
<<My image in some places, is of a monster of some kind who wants to pull a string and manipulate people. Nothing could be further from the truth. People are manipulated; I just want them to be manipulated more effectively.>>

-B.F. Skinner

Doktor Howl

https://apnews.com/b16a8caa88fa45ddb08474d6ccd71006

QuoteBOSTON (AP) — A top federal immigration official said Wednesday that he takes responsibility for and regrets how the Trump administration's now rescinded decision to stop considering requests from immigrants seeking to defer deportation for medical treatment and other hardships played out.

Acting U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services Director Ken Cuccinelli told congressional lawmakers he was solely responsible for the widely criticized Aug. 7 policy change.

He deflected pointed questions from Democratic Rep. Ayanna Pressley of Massachusetts about whether the directive came from Trump or prominent members of the Republican president's White House staff.

Trump found someone still willing to take a bullet for him:

Quote"I made this decision alone," Cuccinelli responded during his House Oversight Committee testimony.
Molon Lube

Doktor Howl

Molon Lube

Cain

While I was disgusted at the whole thing, this paragraph pissed me off the most

QuoteThere is no uniformed security guard at the entrance. The residents, girls 13-17, can call their families as needed, staff say, and there are more therapeutic services — including intensive treatment for victims of trafficking and abuse — throughout the week. They sleep two to a room, and are free to wander in a large, outdoor area, or "shop" in a store filled with donated items. Case workers hustle to reunite them with family in the U.S. quickly, averaging four weeks. And costs to taxpayers are a third of the $775 per day costs at large, emergency shelters where kids sleep 100 to a room.

It's still a prison. For children. Who have committed no crime.

Just because you've applied white collar day prison standards to how it's run do not negate those very basic facts.

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Cain on November 12, 2019, 08:37:42 PM

QuoteThere is no uniformed security guard at the entrance. The residents, girls 13-17, can call their families as needed, staff say, and there are more therapeutic services — including intensive treatment for victims of trafficking and abuse — throughout the week. They sleep two to a room, and are free to wander in a large, outdoor area, or "shop" in a store filled with donated items. Case workers hustle to reunite them with family in the U.S. quickly, averaging four weeks. And costs to taxpayers are a third of the $775 per day costs at large, emergency shelters where kids sleep 100 to a room.

Just because you've applied white collar day prison standards to how it's run do not negate those very basic facts.

Also "staff say".
Molon Lube

The Johnny

Quote from: Cain on November 12, 2019, 08:37:42 PM

No Cain, you don't understand anything at all - you see, as long as they have the "liberty" to "shop" in a "store" (grab donated junk from a pile, so they actually have something to wear), they have all their human rights and potentialities served.

All this newspeak disgusts me so much because its actually a thing now in everyday lives.
<<My image in some places, is of a monster of some kind who wants to pull a string and manipulate people. Nothing could be further from the truth. People are manipulated; I just want them to be manipulated more effectively.>>

-B.F. Skinner

Doktor Howl

Molon Lube

Pergamos

Quote from: Doktor Howl on November 14, 2019, 08:28:36 PM
https://apnews.com/337b139ed4fa4d208b93d491364e04da

That sounds bad, but better than having your children stolen after crossing the border and being imprisoned without sufficient space or supplies.