News:

One of our core values:  "THEY REFILLED MY RITALIN AND BY THE WAY I WANNA EAT YOUR BEAR HEAD."

Main Menu

UNLIMITED Immigration Nutbaggery Thread

Started by Doktor Howl, July 02, 2018, 07:04:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Pergamos on November 16, 2019, 07:09:27 PM
Quote from: Doktor Howl on November 14, 2019, 08:28:36 PM
https://apnews.com/337b139ed4fa4d208b93d491364e04da

That sounds bad, but better than having your children stolen after crossing the border and being imprisoned without sufficient space or supplies.

Ever seen typhus?
Molon Lube

altered

I hope Pergamos is just unaware of how bad the described living conditions are from a real-world standpoint, lest I need to be restrained from internet access. For a year or so. At least.

I have lived the upscale version of these conditions. Waking up with unknown and unknowable sores and rashes every day. Washing clothes only when they're visibly dirty because you don't have the ability to actually clean anything or keep enough stuff for more than a single change of clothes. Insects. So many insects. Even in the cold. Especially in the cold, because you are the warmest thing around. Giving up on keeping them away from you because it's like staying dry while wading in the ocean.

Again: this was the upscale version. We could use public toilets, and sometimes even shower. We had real food, sometimes. We even had privacy, most of the time.

This is not an improvement over what we had before.

It's a different kind of bad. That's the best you can say.
"I am that worst of all type of criminal...I cannot bring myself to do what you tell me, because you told me."

There's over 100 of us in this meat-suit. You'd think it runs like a ship, but it's more like a hundred and ten angry ghosts having an old-school QuakeWorld tournament, three people desperately trying to make sure the gamers don't go hungry or soil themselves, and the Facilities manager weeping in the corner as the garbage piles high.

Pergamos

Quote from: Doktor Howl on November 16, 2019, 07:17:25 PM
Quote from: Pergamos on November 16, 2019, 07:09:27 PM
Quote from: Doktor Howl on November 14, 2019, 08:28:36 PM
https://apnews.com/337b139ed4fa4d208b93d491364e04da

That sounds bad, but better than having your children stolen after crossing the border and being imprisoned without sufficient space or supplies.

Ever seen typhus?

Pretty sure they have that in the concentration camps too

Pergamos

Quote from: nullified on November 16, 2019, 08:16:28 PM
I hope Pergamos is just unaware of how bad the described living conditions are from a real-world standpoint, lest I need to be restrained from internet access. For a year or so. At least.

I have lived the upscale version of these conditions. Waking up with unknown and unknowable sores and rashes every day. Washing clothes only when they're visibly dirty because you don't have the ability to actually clean anything or keep enough stuff for more than a single change of clothes. Insects. So many insects. Even in the cold. Especially in the cold, because you are the warmest thing around. Giving up on keeping them away from you because it's like staying dry while wading in the ocean.

Again: this was the upscale version. We could use public toilets, and sometimes even shower. We had real food, sometimes. We even had privacy, most of the time.

This is not an improvement over what we had before.

It's a different kind of bad. That's the best you can say.

I'm not.  I've been homeless.  In the US, so I expect I had it a bit better than they do,  I would still choose it over prison any day, and the prison that refugees are being put in is WAY worse than regular prison.  Admittedly I haven't been in prison, it might be nicer than I think.

altered

I've been to prison.

It's a different kind of bad. Some places I've been homeless have been far worse. Some were better.
"I am that worst of all type of criminal...I cannot bring myself to do what you tell me, because you told me."

There's over 100 of us in this meat-suit. You'd think it runs like a ship, but it's more like a hundred and ten angry ghosts having an old-school QuakeWorld tournament, three people desperately trying to make sure the gamers don't go hungry or soil themselves, and the Facilities manager weeping in the corner as the garbage piles high.

Doktor Howl

Ever see someone line themselves up to be sued literally for the rest of their lives?  You have now.

https://apnews.com/4f6c21c6014948fe92ac66974dd72232
Molon Lube

altered

It's for the Mission, Howl! For the Crusade! For the Cause!

They'll go down crying about how they're martyrs while trust fund idiots fund their lawyers, who inevitably fail to stop their clients from making things worse for themselves.

Inevitably, criminal liability will be found. This is the decade of autodefenestration and denial, nor are we out of it.

Doktor Howl

Quote from: nullified on November 18, 2019, 09:17:21 PM
It's for the Mission, Howl! For the Crusade! For the Cause!

They'll go down crying about how they're martyrs while trust fund idiots fund their lawyers, who inevitably fail to stop their clients from making things worse for themselves.

Inevitably, criminal liability will be found. This is the decade of autodefenestration and denial, nor are we out of it.

It's fucking amazing, really.  They are violating local, state, and federal laws, pissing on a treaty, and operating without a permit.

The last one is the important bit.  The construction contractor's insurance will smile at them, come lawsuit time.  The other OTHER kinda smile.  The smile that says "You're on your own."
Molon Lube

altered

Doktor Howl

Molon Lube

Doktor Howl

Molon Lube

Doktor Howl

https://apnews.com/eb2e930dbcfca08ad265a78028797254

tmw the Gestapo figure out that Himmler isn't even remotely interested in covering their arses.
Molon Lube

The Johnny

Quote from: Doktor Howl on December 20, 2019, 06:40:35 PM

tmw the Gestapo figure out that Himmler isn't even remotely interested in covering their arses.

Quote<<[...] "metering" was "putting the asylum seekers and employees in pest-infected areas known to be susceptible to gunshots." [...]>>

Im bothered that Im more disgusted by the Newspeak they use rather than whats actually happening.  :|
<<My image in some places, is of a monster of some kind who wants to pull a string and manipulate people. Nothing could be further from the truth. People are manipulated; I just want them to be manipulated more effectively.>>

-B.F. Skinner

Doktor Howl

Quote from: The Johnny on December 23, 2019, 08:31:31 PM
Quote from: Doktor Howl on December 20, 2019, 06:40:35 PM

Quote<<[...] "metering" was "putting the asylum seekers and employees in pest-infected areas known to be susceptible to gunshots." [...]>>

Im bothered that Im more disgusted by the Newspeak they use rather than whats actually happening.  :|

We're not the good guys.
Molon Lube

Bruno

So... We backed a coup in Venezuela and now some of the folks we suckered in are sitting in our concentration camps waiting to be let in?

Is that what's going on?

https://twitter.com/alanrmacleod/status/1209072147706077184?s=21

Seriously, I have no idea what's going on in Venezuela. All I know is my superevangelical (South/Central American Missionary/Spanish teacher)"friend" (I don't like him) from WAAAAAAYYYYYY back (we went to the same church and same elementary/middle school together and were in the same grade. (He's a sociopath)) totally supports the definitely not USA supported coup that is apparently not doing well. He thinks it's just like that time us Christmericans threw off our Satanic British oppressors to become The Great and Powerful Holy American Empire, and that the Venezuelans should gather up their Holy Messiah blessed Uzis AKs, SKSs, and ARs and blow away their unholy Satanic (Bernie Sanders, Hillary, etc...) communist oppressors, and become Superjustified/Extrasanctified Heroes like us. AMEN!
Formerly something else...