News:

TESTEMONAIL:  Right and Discordianism allows room for personal interpretation. You have your theories and I have mine. Unlike Christianity, Discordia allows room for ideas and opinions, and mine is well-informed and based on ancient philosophy and theology, so, my neo-Discordian friends, open your minds to my interpretation and I will open my mind to yours. That's fair enough, right? Just claiming to be discordian should mean that your mind is open and willing to learn and share ideas. You guys are fucking bashing me and your laughing at my theologies and my friends know what's up and are laughing at you and honestly this is my last shot at putting a label on my belief structure and your making me lose all hope of ever finding a ideological group I can relate to because you don't even know what the fuck I'm talking about and everything I have said is based on the founding principals of real Discordianism. Expand your mind.

Main Menu

UNLIMITED Immigration Nutbaggery Thread

Started by Doktor Howl, July 02, 2018, 07:04:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Doktor Howl

QuoteHer husband has told reporters that he voted for Trump in the 2016 election.
Molon Lube

minuspace

Cain

It's springtime for Miller

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/immigration/now-trump-administration-wants-limit-citizenship-legal-immigrants-n897931

QuoteThe Trump administration is expected to issue a proposal in coming weeks that would make it harder for legal immigrants to become citizens or get green cards if they have ever used a range of popular public welfare programs, including Obamacare, four sources with knowledge of the plan told NBC News.

The move, which would not need congressional approval, is part of White House senior adviser Stephen Miller's plan to limit the number of migrants who obtain legal status in the U.S. each year.

Details of the rulemaking proposal are still being finalized, but based on a recent draft seen last week and described to NBC News, immigrants living legally in the U.S. who have ever used or whose household members have ever used Obamacare, children's health insurance, food stamps and other benefits could be hindered from obtaining legal status in the U.S.

Immigration lawyers and advocates and public health researchers say it would be the biggest change to the legal immigration system in decades and estimate that more than 20 million immigrants could be affected. They say it would fall particularly hard on immigrants working jobs that don't pay enough to support their families.

Aren't ex post facto penalties awesome?

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Cain on August 07, 2018, 04:21:29 PM
It's springtime for Miller

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/immigration/now-trump-administration-wants-limit-citizenship-legal-immigrants-n897931

QuoteThe Trump administration is expected to issue a proposal in coming weeks that would make it harder for legal immigrants to become citizens or get green cards if they have ever used a range of popular public welfare programs, including Obamacare, four sources with knowledge of the plan told NBC News.

The move, which would not need congressional approval, is part of White House senior adviser Stephen Miller's plan to limit the number of migrants who obtain legal status in the U.S. each year.

Details of the rulemaking proposal are still being finalized, but based on a recent draft seen last week and described to NBC News, immigrants living legally in the U.S. who have ever used or whose household members have ever used Obamacare, children's health insurance, food stamps and other benefits could be hindered from obtaining legal status in the U.S.

Immigration lawyers and advocates and public health researchers say it would be the biggest change to the legal immigration system in decades and estimate that more than 20 million immigrants could be affected. They say it would fall particularly hard on immigrants working jobs that don't pay enough to support their families.

Aren't ex post facto penalties awesome?

Awesomely unconstitutional.
Molon Lube

Cain

I know the constitutional authors hated the idea of ex post facto punishments (I saw some of Jefferson's writings on the topic), but isn't there also an issue that enrolment in healthcare was mandatory under the Affordable Care Act?  So in effect you're not only imposing punishments on something that wasn't illegal before, but was in fact legally required?

I don't think there's even a legal term for that.  These people are vicious, without doubt, but they are also the biggest pack of cretins I have had the misfortune to watch in real time.

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Cain on August 07, 2018, 06:09:23 PM
I know the constitutional authors hated the idea of ex post facto punishments (I saw some of Jefferson's writings on the topic), but isn't there also an issue that enrolment in healthcare was mandatory under the Affordable Care Act?  So in effect you're not only imposing punishments on something that wasn't illegal before, but was in fact legally required?

I don't think there's even a legal term for that.  These people are vicious, without doubt, but they are also the biggest pack of cretins I have had the misfortune to watch in real time.

Funniest thing is, no congressional approval is needed for this.  Which makes it really easy to smack down in court.
Molon Lube

Doktor Howl

Molon Lube

Cain

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/08/09/us/asylum-judge-deported.html

QuoteAs a federal judge heard arguments on Thursday seeking to halt the deportations of several Central American women requesting asylum, he learned that a woman and her daughter at the center of the case had been ushered from a Texas shelter, driven to an airport and put on a plane to El Salvador. The judge ordered the government to bring the two back immediately.

The judge, Emmet G. Sullivan of the District of Columbia, criticized the government for deporting the pair just as they were seeking justice in court. In ordering the government to undo the deportation, he threatened to hold government officials, from Attorney General Jeff Sessions on down, in contempt, said a lawyer for the plaintiffs.

QuoteAccording to the A.C.L.U., Carmen's husband had regularly raped, stalked and threatened to kill her for two decades. But she never reported him to the police in El Salvador, having seen other women do so only to be killed by their husbands in retaliation. After she left her husband, taking her daughter with her, she claimed gang members in town targeted her as a single mother, threatening to kill her and her daughter unless she paid them a monthly sum.

Cain

Called it

https://www.facebook.com/SPLCenter/posts/10156629807484700?__xts__%5B0%5D=68.ARAF_OBSgq7tXylYeHRX6adw5l2QlL5JnfLNGu8qs4GBmYbEsYtjZatILEmsSiXwZrwuQ8pCQGwnpAgtqVxNaSnMNpncFUXdhWRfePfxajnMEWXTBxa228kO35N1N7XJLX8Eo2TIns8b&__tn__=-R

QuoteImmigrants are forced to clean and maintain the detention center where they're held for as little as $1 a day. Refuse — and they're threatened with no food, toilet paper, or phone calls to family.

We sued.

Now six U.S. Senators have written to DHS telling them to take immediate steps to stop this.

Doktor Howl

What do you know?

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/hundreds-of-migrant-children-quietly-moved-to-a-tent-camp-on-the-texas-border/ar-BBNJwUO?ocid=spartanntp

QuoteIn shelters from Kansas to New York, hundreds of migrant children have been roused in the middle of the night in recent weeks and loaded onto buses with backpacks and snacks for a cross-country journey to their new home: a barren tent city on a sprawling patch of desert in South Texas.

And there's more!

QuoteSome staff members cried when they learned of the move, the shelter worker said, fearing what was in store for the children who had been in their care. Others tried to protest. But managers explained that tough choices had to be made to deal with the overflowing population.
Molon Lube

Suu

Quote from: Doktor Howl on September 30, 2018, 04:15:25 PM
What do you know?

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/hundreds-of-migrant-children-quietly-moved-to-a-tent-camp-on-the-texas-border/ar-BBNJwUO?ocid=spartanntp

QuoteIn shelters from Kansas to New York, hundreds of migrant children have been roused in the middle of the night in recent weeks and loaded onto buses with backpacks and snacks for a cross-country journey to their new home: a barren tent city on a sprawling patch of desert in South Texas.

And there's more!

QuoteSome staff members cried when they learned of the move, the shelter worker said, fearing what was in store for the children who had been in their care. Others tried to protest. But managers explained that tough choices had to be made to deal with the overflowing population.

This literally just made me queasy.
Sovereign Episkopos-Princess Kaousuu; Esq., Battle Nun, Bene Gesserit.
Our Lady of Perpetual Confusion; 1st Church of Discordia

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Suu on September 30, 2018, 04:51:19 PM
Quote from: Doktor Howl on September 30, 2018, 04:15:25 PM
What do you know?

And there's more!

This literally just made me queasy.

Detainees are fine until you have too many to manage, right?  And you can't stop detaining more, or you admit that maybe you shouldn't have detained any of them.

Then they become a drag on resources.  Fortunately, by that point they're nice and forgotten and dehumanized by being a faceless horde in camps.  Which we associate with jails, inmates of which we have been conditioned to think of as less than people by 100+ years of our prison system.

Then, one day, you just sort of stop hearing about them.
Molon Lube

Cain

Best way to ensure human rights groups can't keep track of what is going on, or document cases of abuse.  Move detainees every few months, put them in hard to access locations.  Once things get settled...move them again. Most of these groups operate on shoestring budgets, they can't afford to keep gallivanting across the country.

tyrannosaurus vex

And every time you move them, you end up delivering a few less than you left with. Nobody wonders or asks any questions.
Evil and Unfeeling Arse-Flenser From The City of the Damned.

Doktor Howl

It's The Spectacle.  The government creates artificial shortages (SNAP, healthcare, etc), then blames immigrants.  Then shows you what they're gonna do about it, which is just scary enough on an unconscious level that you don't really want to fuck with them.

So everyone just sits still while they finish rebuilding the guilded age, ensuring that resources go to Quality People.

Which is going to be a thing.  You don't think that the heads of industry don't believe in climate change, do you?  Of course they do.  It's the best thing to happen in favor of feudalism since the chimney.
Molon Lube