News:

The only BEARFORCE1 slashfic forum on the Internet.  Fortunately.

Main Menu

UNLIMITED Immigration Nutbaggery Thread

Started by Doktor Howl, July 02, 2018, 07:04:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bruno

Quote"That is an assault on our country and in that caravan you have some very bad people and we can't let that happen to our country," the president said at a rally in Houston on Monday night. Mr. Trump suggested without any proof that the opposition was involved in instigating the caravan. "I think the Democrats had something to do with it," he said.

Seems like it's energizing his base more than the left. Just in time for mid-term elections.

Also, seems like republicans are likely to still have some well armed and organized "friends" in that region.
Formerly something else...

Doktor Howl

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/graham-to-introduce-legislation-to-end-birthright-citizenship/ar-BBP6UUh?ocid=spartanntp

Quote"It was always told to me that you needed a constitutional amendment. Guess what? You don't," Trump said during an interview with Axios.
"You can definitely do it with an act of Congress. But now they're saying I can do it just with an executive order," the president added, before stating, incorrectly: "We're the only country in the world where a person comes in and has a baby, and the baby is essentially a citizen of the United States ... with all of those benefits."
Molon Lube

Bruno

Hey, why stop there? Why not just start taking citizenship away from people?

We could have just the wealthiest ten thousand or so be "citizens", and everyone else can just be "subjects"!

Cain

Bruno

Quote from: Cain on October 30, 2018, 06:38:36 PM
Quote from: Emo Howard on October 30, 2018, 06:15:11 PM

You mean like, by say, denying citizenship of Hispanics on spurious grounds?

Kind of like that, but you also let the president just take a Sharpie to the constitution whenever he feels like it.

Doktor Howl

Why limit yourself?  You could just say that only white folks are worthy of citizenship.
Molon Lube

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Emo Howard on October 30, 2018, 07:10:34 PM

Kind of like that, but you also let the president just take a Sharpie to the constitution whenever he feels like it.

Well, he knows best, right?
Molon Lube

Cain

Quote from: Doktor Howl on October 30, 2018, 07:11:08 PM

Why limit yourself?  You could just say that only white folks are worthy of citizenship.

I can't link to it because "lol GDPR" but the LA Times was reporting on how the Vietnamese refugees were being threatened with deportation for committing minor crimes.

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Cain on October 30, 2018, 07:13:21 PM
Quote from: Doktor Howl on October 30, 2018, 07:11:08 PM

I can't link to it because "lol GDPR" but the LA Times was reporting on how the Vietnamese refugees were being threatened with deportation for committing minor crimes.

Your post just made this entire thing perfect.  "GDPR" sort of rounds it all out.
Molon Lube

Cain

The LA Times can't be bothered to update their data policies, so us Europeans cannot read it without a VPN.

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Cain on October 30, 2018, 07:30:18 PM
The LA Times can't be bothered to update their data policies, so us Europeans cannot read it without a VPN.

Is using a VPN still legal?
Molon Lube

Cain

Probably.  We were actually discussing this today in the OSINT training I was doing, which VPNs are best for sensitive work.  I've never really needed one much before now, but once I'm employed again an inexpensive one might not be out of he question.

LMNO

Quote from: Doktor Howl on October 30, 2018, 07:37:47 PM

Technically yes, but you wouldn't believe the amount of sites that behave as if they were kneecapped when you have a VPN on.

It's almost like... companies don't want you to visit them anonymously for some reason.

Doktor Howl

Quote from: LMNO on October 30, 2018, 07:43:58 PM
Quote from: Doktor Howl on October 30, 2018, 07:37:47 PM

Technically yes, but you wouldn't believe the amount of sites that behave as if they were kneecapped when you have a VPN on.

It's almost like... companies don't want you to visit them anonymously for some reason.

I am wondering, though, if GDPR imposes penalties for VPNs.
Molon Lube

Faust

GDPR protects individual rights to their own data so I think it would be vpn agnostic, the websites themselves though don't like you using a vpn because anonymous data cant be monetised.
Trying to access any google page on TOR is a chore.
Sleepless nights at the chateau