News:

Attempting to do something

Main Menu

How Discordian are you?

Started by Capeditiea, July 05, 2018, 12:25:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Capeditiea

The Goddess of Discord = 67 = Eris Kallisti Discordja = 67 = Gnosis Goddess of Art and Creativity = 67 = Capeditiea = 67 = Goddess of Enigma
[GoN]

Quote from: Doktor Howl on September 05, 2018, 10:21:16 PM
It was fucking horrible.  Do not trust your younger self.

picoli

Cramulus

My Discordianism has gotten real weird in the last few years due to running larps, and contact with this Gurdjieff group. My current Discordian practice is incorrectly summarized thusly:

-Consciousness is developed through internal conflict. Through self-observation and inner confrontation, over a long period of time, something solid is developed--like a muscle-- a core self that can actually exert free will. Without that solid core, we are automatic machines--cabbages--just reacting but rarely initiating. More consciousness = more free will. The Goddess of Strife, with her pentagon and apple, can take you there. She wants you to be honest with yourself. To see things how they really are. Which is not how we'd like to see thiings.

-That games and play are a way of building a new world, exposing people to ideas that can change them, ideas that they may have rejected in another context. Games can be a form of psychic nourishment - you come, you play, you laugh, and then you return to your regular life a little lighter. Sadly, the best way to deliver these experiences are in-person, using our physical bodies -- where we as adults can reconnect with the playful energies that have been in us all along -- so 2020 is not the year for it! But Play is alchemy, it can be transformative. If formulated right, it can transmute hard into soft, it can turn prickle-prickle into sweet... in a different way than religion can.

Doktor Howl

My Discordianism is based on the fact that I am a meat machine that dreams of being alive.

But hates all the other meat machines.
Molon Lube

Cain

minuspace

LMNO

Quote from: Cramulus on August 15, 2020, 03:16:06 PM
My Discordianism has gotten real weird in the last few years due to running larps, and contact with this Gurdjieff group. My current Discordian practice is incorrectly summarized thusly:

-Consciousness is developed through internal conflict. Through self-observation and inner confrontation, over a long period of time, something solid is developed--like a muscle-- a core self that can actually exert free will. Without that solid core, we are automatic machines--cabbages--just reacting but rarely initiating. More consciousness = more free will. The Goddess of Strife, with her pentagon and apple, can take you there. She wants you to be honest with yourself. To see things how they really are. Which is not how we'd like to see thiings.

-That games and play are a way of building a new world, exposing people to ideas that can change them, ideas that they may have rejected in another context. Games can be a form of psychic nourishment - you come, you play, you laugh, and then you return to your regular life a little lighter. Sadly, the best way to deliver these experiences are in-person, using our physical bodies -- where we as adults can reconnect with the playful energies that have been in us all along -- so 2020 is not the year for it! But Play is alchemy, it can be transformative. If formulated right, it can transmute hard into soft, it can turn prickle-prickle into sweet... in a different way than religion can.

I like your Discordia.

The Johnny

Being witness to other's internal psychical discord is my hobby and job...

If its too shaken up, thats "anarchy" and psychosis.

If its too burocratized and theres only one predominant "voice", thats "totalitarianism" and neurosis.

Discord and disagreement can only happen between equals, and only thru leveling the field between the voices can dialogue and harmony bloom.
<<My image in some places, is of a monster of some kind who wants to pull a string and manipulate people. Nothing could be further from the truth. People are manipulated; I just want them to be manipulated more effectively.>>

-B.F. Skinner

Lord Batwing Candlewaxxe

"You know those days when things keep getting worse faster than you can lower your standards?" - Carrie Fisher

Perhaps the damned horse can fly.

dale