News:

No, we're not mercenaries. We just carry weapons and kill things for the joy of the experience.

Main Menu

Son of a Bitch, Bunky, what is it THIS TIME?

Started by Doktor Howl, July 12, 2018, 07:05:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Doktor Howl

What's that, Bunky?  You say that you just wanted things to slow down?  Not change so fast?  You feel like America is passing you by in favor of cheaper (and more reliable) Mexican models?  You're not racist BUT you feel as if our culture is eroding?  You're not racist BUT they should fill out the paperwork?  You didn't expect things to get quite this crazy, you just wanted to tell those Goddamn liberals a thing or two? You were in fact concerned about her emails and maybe she'd get us in a war or something, so you MAGAed or Brexited or ran off and attended Milo Yopolopolis rallies?

Why is it, Bunky, that every time you fuck the world up, you come to me for absolution?  I can't give you that, and I wouldn't if I could.  I don't like you, Bunky.  You are a bad person.  Besides, you have to repent to get absolution, and you can't seem to actually bring yourself to do that.  You're mush-mouthing excuses for kiddie concentration camps and trade wars and breaking up NATO and and and...

No, Bunky, this time I can't tell you that it's going to be okay.  It is in fact against my religion to tell people it's okay when you know that they're doomed.

I didn't catch that last bit, Bunky.  You say that out-of-campaign political rallies are making you just a little bit nervous?  That weird rant about Elton John's organ made you feel like maybe the president might be losing his grip just a little bit?  Don't worry, Bunky, he was technically correct.  Elton John has an organ, but he plays a piano.  As for the rest of that "speech", if his cocaine-fueled 3 AM tweets didn't bother you, why would a minute or two of absolute word salad at the podium?

This is what you asked for, Bunky.  This is in fact what you demanded, what you SCREAMED for in 2016.  And now you're upset because he's doing exactly what he said he was going to do?  You think that your friends are dodging you because they somehow got it into their heads that you're a racist and you're NOT a racist BUT...

Fuck you, Bunky.  Fuck you right in the heart.  In your rage that a black president got elected and reelected, you have moved us back to 1930.  Not just those darn dirty liberals either, but also your mom, your sister, your wife, your daughters. That one hispanic guy you know at work.  Your token black friend.  This is what you have done.

Now piss off, Bunky, and stop bothering me.  The next time I see you, I'm going to beat you with a piece of rebar and throw you into traffic.  Asshole.
Molon Lube

bpseudopod

Man, you sure told that strawman in another long-winded, masturbatory, and not-terribly-insightful post.

minuspace

I have this pipe I yousta hit the starter with

Doktor Howl

Quote from: bpseudopod on July 13, 2018, 03:18:43 AM
Man, you sure told that strawman in another long-winded, masturbatory, and not-terribly-insightful post.

Boy, I sure did.  And you sure showed me, shitting on a rant like that.  On PD.

:lulz:

Now fuck off, kid.  Go find someone else to pester.
Molon Lube

Doktor Howl

Oh, dear.  Perhaps I have insulted his ideology.  :cry:
Molon Lube

LMNO

These are delicate people you're dealing with here, Dok.

Doktor Howl

Quote from: LMNO on July 13, 2018, 04:14:56 PM
These are delicate people you're dealing with here, Dok.

I know.  This is why you have to put callouses on them, for their own good.  Eventually, "bpseudopod" will feel the need to write something longer than a paragraph, and then we can get down to it.  Hopefully he won't keep me waiting 6 months, like StormcrowUK did. 

Masturbatory?  :lulz:  I have not yet begun to wank.
Molon Lube

Doktor Howl

I mean, it might be fun to point out that the Bunky threads attack everyone on the political spectrum and that by design they get nastier and nastier, but bpseudopod already knows that.  Shit, even the name bpseudopod is a dime store joke.

Molon Lube

Doktor Howl

Sometimes I feel as if nobody around me is serious about havin' a good time.   :sad:
Molon Lube

bpseudopod

Quote from: Doktor Howl on July 13, 2018, 04:19:33 PM
I have not yet begun to wank.
If five posts of responding to one post of low-effort flame is any indication, you have indeed begun to wank.
Quote from: Doktor Howl on July 13, 2018, 04:02:39 PM
But them's fightin' words, and people are watching, and I don't intend to run away crying because someone called me a Nazi.

I'll admit, I did feel a sting at some of your rants. I never supported Trump, but I was the one who never took him seriously—that he was just posturing and didn't believe half the shit he said himself, or that Congress would shut it down, or that somehow the really nasty, terrifying shit he was supporting just wouldn't happen. But if that was the problem, I would've said something when you called that kind of behavior out, in a different post. I didn't, because I agree with every single thing you've posted in your rants.

The problem with your rants isn't that they're pointed, it's that they're pointless. I'll hand it to you, the first Bunky hit some people where it hurts, and that's good. But what about the others? There aren't a lot of fervent Trump supporters or stodgy conservatives around here, so why bother railing against them like another tedious Medium thinkpiece? What's the point? If you're trying to change something then you'd go somewhere you actually had an audience, if you were just getting your thoughts out you'd start a blog, and if you were trying to entertain then you might have realized this wasn't clever enough for four parts and you would have quit while you were ahead.

So, why did you bother posting four. fucking. threads. of the same schtick?

You're probably going to say something like "I don't have to answer to you," and you'd technically be right. But if you couldn't stop at a simple "fuck you" when some rando posted a low-effort flame on your thread, I get the feeling those callouses you're bragging about aren't doing much for you.

Doktor Howl

Quote from: bpseudopod on July 14, 2018, 01:14:02 AM
Quote from: Doktor Howl on July 13, 2018, 04:19:33 PM
I have not yet begun to wank.
If five posts of responding to one post of low-effort flame is any indication, you have indeed begun to wank.
Quote from: Doktor Howl on July 13, 2018, 04:02:39 PM
But them's fightin' words, and people are watching, and I don't intend to run away crying because someone called me a Nazi.

I'll admit, I did feel a sting at some of your rants. I never supported Trump, but I was the one who never took him seriously—that he was just posturing and didn't believe half the shit he said himself, or that Congress would shut it down, or that somehow the really nasty, terrifying shit he was supporting just wouldn't happen. But if that was the problem, I would've said something when you called that kind of behavior out, in a different post. I didn't, because I agree with every single thing you've posted in your rants.

The problem with your rants isn't that they're pointed, it's that they're pointless. I'll hand it to you, the first Bunky hit some people where it hurts, and that's good. But what about the others? There aren't a lot of fervent Trump supporters or stodgy conservatives around here, so why bother railing against them like another tedious Medium thinkpiece? What's the point? If you're trying to change something then you'd go somewhere you actually had an audience, if you were just getting your thoughts out you'd start a blog, and if you were trying to entertain then you might have realized this wasn't clever enough for four parts and you would have quit while you were ahead.

So, why did you bother posting four. fucking. threads. of the same schtick?

You're probably going to say something like "I don't have to answer to you," and you'd technically be right. But if you couldn't stop at a simple "fuck you" when some rando posted a low-effort flame on your thread, I get the feeling those callouses you're bragging about aren't doing much for you.

I don't actually give a fuck about your opinion of my rants.  They're not actually for or about you.  :lulz:  In fact, they're not aimed at anyone on this board.  This board is pretty much dead, and except for keeping up with some old friends, it's just a scratchpad for elsewhere, on account of there are some places I don't like to post on from work.  Facebook, for example.

But you kicked the door in and demanded my hate, and I have GREAT NEWS!  We may be all out of hand grenades, but hate is HALF OFF!  That means you get TWICE as much as you would with our competitors!

I suppose at this point you're expecting some kind of debate, or some kind of understanding.  That's not going to happen.  But I will be more than happy to shit all over any posts that you might care to make, on any subject whatsoever.
Molon Lube

The Wizard Joseph

Howl was talking about putting calluses on you. His calluses are miles thick and used by Science to block out radio waves and subatomic particles in search of neutrino emitting galaxies.

:boring: Same old story. Newspag walks in and gets all butthurt then passive-agressively picks a hopeless fight with Howl because he said the bad words.

Why don't you go ahead and show us how Discordianism is done? That would be stage 2 of your all too predictable journey.

Go on.

Open up a thread. Write a rant. Do something, anything really, before you come spouting off at your elders like that.

You're just
a cookie-cutter
gutter punk
with a bit of
a mouth on him.

... Change my mind
You can't get out backward.  You have to go forward to go back.. better press on! - Willie Wonka, PBUH

Life can be seen as a game with no reset button, no extra lives, and if the power goes out there is no restarting.  If that's all you see life as you are not long for this world, and never will get it.

"Ayn Rand never swung a hammer in her life and had serious dominance issues" - The Fountainhead

"World domination is such an ugly phrase. I prefer to call it world optimisation."
- Harry Potter and the Methods of Rationality :lulz:

"You program the controller to do the thing, only it doesn't do the thing.  It does something else entirely, or nothing at all.  It's like voting."
- Billy, Aug 21st, 2019

"It's not even chaos anymore. It's BANAL."
- Doktor Hamish Howl

minuspace

bpseudopod

Quote from: Doktor Howl on July 14, 2018, 01:20:50 AM
I don't actually give a fuck about your opinion of my rants.  They're not actually for or about you.  :lulz:  In fact, they're not aimed at anyone on this board.  This board is pretty much dead, and except for keeping up with some old friends, it's just a scratchpad for elsewhere, on account of there are some places I don't like to post on from work.
Thanks for answering the question. I guess that does make sense.

Quote from: The Wizard Joseph on July 14, 2018, 05:33:37 AM
You're just
a cookie-cutter
gutter punk
with a bit of
a mouth on him.

... Change my mind

Nah, you're right. Now that you point it out, I've seen this story happen too. Not on this forum obviously, but in other places. And now I feel foolish, though that probably doesn't get me out of anything.

Doktor Howl

Quote from: The Wizard Joseph on July 14, 2018, 05:33:37 AM

:boring: Same old story. Newspag walks in and gets all butthurt then passive-agressively picks a hopeless fight with Howl because he said the bad words.

Really does get boring.  Guy walks in, the first thing he says to me is some rotten crap about how I'm not living up to his expectations, then is somehow surprised when I laugh and shit in his lunchbox.

You can pretty much set your watch to this shit.
Molon Lube