News:

PD may suddenly accelerate to dangerous speeds.  If PD splits open, do not look directly at resulting goo.  PD is still legal in 14 states.

Main Menu

Looking for ideas

Started by tyrannosaurus vex, July 12, 2018, 07:37:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tyrannosaurus vex

someone bought the domain official.gop and is looking for decent troll material beyond what's already there. any help would be appreciated. asking for a friend.
Evil and Unfeeling Arse-Flenser From The City of the Damned.

Doktor Howl

Molon Lube

Brother Mythos

Quote from: tyrannosaurus vex on July 12, 2018, 07:37:35 PM
someone bought the domain official.gop and is looking for decent troll material beyond what's already there. any help would be appreciated. asking for a friend.

I'm interested. Tell me more.

I believe that bigly hilarity can be had from trolling Louis Buller Gohmert Jr. alone. And, I didn't even know his middle name was "Buller" until I just looked it up. (Now I'm wondering whether or not that's a Wikipedia troll.)

Anyway, given the rest of the cast of characters currently in the GOP, the sky's the limit!

(You may want to consider moving/posting this to/on the Project Board.)
Discordianism is fundamentally mischievous irreverence.

tyrannosaurus vex

Quote from: Brother Mythos on July 13, 2018, 03:26:05 AM

I believe that bigly hilarity can be had from trolling Louis Buller Gohmert Jr. alone. And, I didn't even know his middle name was "Buller" until I just looked it up. (Now I'm wondering whether or not that's a Wikipedia troll.)

Anyway, given the rest of the cast of characters currently in the GOP, the sky's the limit!

Yes I should probably

There's not much more to tell. I'm just not sure what format it should take, other than "pretending to be Republicans but accidentally telling the truth", and I don't have enough content.

minuspace

Quote from: tyrannosaurus vex on July 13, 2018, 04:00:13 AM

Yes I should probably

There's not much more to tell. I'm just not sure what format it should take, other than "pretending to be Republicans but accidentally telling the truth", and I don't have enough content.
QuoteSpecial effects and electric brain stimulation
—William S. B.

Brother Mythos

Quote from: tyrannosaurus vex on July 13, 2018, 04:00:13 AM

Yes I should probably

Okay.

As far as format goes, a good starting place might be to mimic the Republican National Committee's own website at https://gop.com/. (As I have zero knowledge of website construction, design, etc., I admit that that that may be easier said than done.)

Although there's an obvious gold mine in material out there of the GOP's own making, it's going to be very difficult to achieve the level of subtlety needed for a first class troll.

I do, however, have a quite a number of raw ideas, and I'm sure many more will occur to me. Here's a couple to start with:

Idea 1. Praise the union of poor, undereducated Republican voters, corporate elites, and the wealthy for recently passing massive tax cuts for corporations and the wealthy. (Doing this subtlety is going to be really hard.)

Idea 2. Thank America's farmers for bearing the burden placed upon them by Trump's Trade War, because it will ultimately help the recovery of our manufacturing sector. (Actually, on this one it should be pretty easy to achieve the right level of subtlety.)

Brother Mythos

Idea 3. Have all contributors use nom de plumes like "B. J. Ford," where B. J. is actually Boris Joakim, and the last name is one of a prominent Republican politician, or serial killer.

Then after a little while, let the Russian names slip out.

Now then, if you're looking for only finished content, please give us some idea of what your friend needs. For instance, is he/she looking for something in editorial format, blog posting format, something else? As I've already posted, I'm interested, but I'm also new to this sort of thing.

Prelate Diogenes Shandor

Use it to direct people towards candidates that are actually from different conservative parties, such as the Libertarians, to split the vote
Praise NHGH! For the tribulation of all sentient beings.

a plague on both your houses -Mercutio

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zrTGgpWmdZQ
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rVWd7nPjJH8

It is an unfortunate fact that every man who seeks to disseminate knowledge must contend not only against ignorance itself, but against false instruction as well. No sooner do we deem ourselves free from a particularly gross superstition, than we are confronted by some enemy to learning who would plunge us back into the darkness -H.P.Lovecraft

He who fights with monsters must take care lest he thereby become a monster -Nietzsche

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SHhrZgojY1Q

You are a fluke of the universe, and whether you can hear it of not the universe is laughing behind your back -Deteriorata

Don't use the email address in my profile, I lost the password years ago

Brother Mythos

I didn't realize this thing has been kicking around for about a year, until I found and read your old thread, as follows: http://www.principiadiscordia.com/forum/index.php/topic,38216.0.html

I don't know what the owner(s) of official.gop started with, but it doesn't look like he/she/they have gotten very far with the site. So:

Idea 4. Provide links to news sites, etc., where Republicans themselves have made statements, or taken actions contrary to The Republicultâ„¢ party line, like the following:

Gowdy: I don't think Mueller probe is a witch hunt

As per this link: http://thehill.com/homenews/sunday-talk-shows/397087-gowdy-i-dont-think-mueller-probe-is-a-witch-hunt

Providing pertinent links to other sites should be easy, and it's free, no fuss, high quality content.

minuspace

Quote from: Brother Mythos on July 13, 2018, 06:57:47 PM
Idea 3. Have all contributors use nom de plumes like "B. J. Ford," where B. J. is actually Boris Joakim, and the last name is one of a prominent Republican politician, or serial killer.

Then after a little while, let the Russian names slip out.

[...]

Something like that, gradually infused with themes from Alice in Wonderland, like the Queen of Hearts as Red Queen... Russian overlay slowly giving way to reveal Imperial Monarchy of reptilian overlord's "intelligent design."

chaotic neutral observer

Our nation was founded on a set of shared beliefs, and our values, by the grace of God, have made us the greatest country in the world.  Lately our culture has come under attack from outside, by a torrent of illegal aliens who steal our jobs, threaten our children, and endanger our very way of life.  But thanks to the strengthening of our borders, and extreme vetting of would-be immigrants, this tide is being stemmed.

Yet there is another threat which faces us today, one far more insidious.  Every year, four million people arrive in America, and are summarily granted citizenship, without so much as a pledge of allegiance.  These newcomers often take years to learn to speak and read our language, placing an enormous drain on our already overburdened educational system.  Even when they pretend to fit into our culture, they twist it in subtle and disastrous ways.  They disrespect our hallowed institutions, distort our language, commit obscenities, and even mock our religion.

Great strides have been made in preventing the influx of these invaders, but these measures are not always effective.  Yet there are those in our own government who want to make some of these measures illegal!  Your help is needed.  Defend our American way of life, and petition your representatives to continue to allow us to protect ourselves, by any means necessary.

Support women's right to choose.

• I don't think this really fits what you want, but I felt like writing it anyway.
  • Although I've tried to write this from an American perspective, I'm Canadian.  I don't claim to understand what's really going on down there.  You people are weird.
  • I don't necessarily agree or disagree with anything I write, including this statement.
Desine fata deum flecti sperare precando.

Doktor Howl

Quote from: chaotic neutral observer on July 17, 2018, 02:16:34 PM
You people are weird.

You fuckers drink milk out of a plastic bladder and *WE* are the weird ones?
Molon Lube

tyrannosaurus vex

Our nation was founded on a set of shared beliefs, and our values, by the grace of God, have made us the greatest country in the world.  Lately our culture has come under attack from outside, by a torrent of illegal aliens who steal our jobs, threaten our children, and endanger our very way of life.  But thanks to the strengthening of our borders, and extreme vetting of would-be immigrants, this tide is being stemmed.

Yet there is another threat which faces us today, one far more insidious.  Every year, four million people arrive in America, and are summarily granted citizenship, without so much as a pledge of allegiance.  These newcomers often take years to learn to speak and read our language, placing an enormous drain on our already overburdened educational system.  Even when they pretend to fit into our culture, they twist it in subtle and disastrous ways.  They disrespect our hallowed institutions, distort our language, commit obscenities, and even mock our religion.

Great strides have been made in preventing the influx of these invaders, but these measures are not always effective.  Yet there are those in our own government who want to make some of these measures illegal!  Your help is needed.  Defend our American way of life, and petition your representatives to continue to allow us to protect ourselves, by any means necessary.

• I don't think this really fits what you want, but I felt like writing it anyway.
  • Although I've tried to write this from an American perspective, I'm Canadian.  I don't claim to understand what's really going on down there.  You people are weird.
  • I don't necessarily agree or disagree with anything I write, including this statement.

I almost choked on bile until I realized you were making a submission. Like... shit, warn a person first.

It isn't exactly what I'm looking for, but I felt it shift a gear somewhere. I'm taking notes from all these suggestions, and they're all helpful.

And yes, someone should do something about this unchecked undocumented immigration from the spiritual plane.

Doktor Howl

Quote from: tyrannosaurus vex on July 17, 2018, 04:49:39 PM

I almost choked on bile until I realized you were making a submission. Like... shit, warn a person first.

It isn't exactly what I'm looking for, but I felt it shift a gear somewhere. I'm taking notes from all these suggestions, and they're all helpful.

And yes, someone should do something about this unchecked undocumented immigration from the spiritual plane.

Yeah, he had me revved up, to.

His is really good and you should have him write for your site.
Molon Lube

shamelessPuck

Quote from: Prelate Diogenes Shandor on July 14, 2018, 04:16:51 PM
Use it to direct people towards candidates that are actually from different conservative parties, such as the Libertarians, to split the vote
This is great.

This is even better, though in a very different vein.

I'm going on vacation tomorrow, so I'll see what I can come up with here when aided by French wine and a beautiful lake beach.