News:

PD.COM:  Mindlessly hitting the refresh button for weeks on end.

Main Menu

Looking for ideas

Started by tyrannosaurus vex, July 12, 2018, 07:37:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

chaotic neutral observer

Quote from: Doktor Howl on July 17, 2018, 04:14:59 PM
You fuckers drink milk out of a plastic bladder and *WE* are the weird ones?
Do you really want to bring up the subject of dairy products?  You guys contributed processed cheese slices to world cuisine.

Quote from: tyrannosaurus vex on July 17, 2018, 04:49:39 PM
I almost choked on bile until I realized you were making a submission. Like... shit, warn a person first.
Oops.  I guess I thought the notes at the end granted me retroactive immunity from Poe's Law.
Desine fata deum flecti sperare precando.

Doktor Howl

Quote from: chaotic neutral observer on July 18, 2018, 02:48:59 AM

Do you really want to bring up the subject of dairy products?  You guys contributed processed cheese slices to world cuisine.

Also Cheese Whiz.

"Processed cheese-like food product."
Molon Lube

Bruno

Quote from: Doktor Howl on July 18, 2018, 03:10:21 AM
Quote from: chaotic neutral observer on July 18, 2018, 02:48:59 AM

Also Cheese Whiz.

"Processed cheese-like food product."

I was going to say Easy Cheese, the stuff that comes in a can with a nozzle. Because Cheese Whiz is just too much work.
Formerly something else...

tyrannosaurus vex

The thing about American cheese-like products, in general, is that they only taste (vaguely) like cheese as long as you also eat like an American: faster than the signals from your taste buds can travel to your brain, and quickly drowned out by a gallon of Dr. Pepper.
Evil and Unfeeling Arse-Flenser From The City of the Damned.

Bruno

At work a while back, we had a "Taste of Harmony" potluck dinner. We were supposed to bring something "representative of our culture", so I bought a couple of cans of Easy Cheese, and Ritz crackers.

In true American form, I ate it all beforehand and had nothing to bring to the table, so I grabbed a tub of ice cream from the Dollar store on the way to work that day. It did a pretty good job of getting that Basil taste out of everybody's mouth, and was a smashing success!

:winning:

ETA: Also, this is how I learned that spray-on-cheese is Easy Cheese, not Cheese Whiz, which is pretty much the same thing, but in non-pressurized form.

minuspace

This is all good suggestion of cheese distinction, I mistake these non-fermented produkt before. May I also make suggestion to hire comrade Bystritsky for Audience Research and Social Circuit Engineering.

Prelate Diogenes Shandor

Quote from: Emo Howard on July 22, 2018, 09:22:20 AMETA: Also, this is how I learned that spray-on-cheese is Easy Cheese, not Cheese Whiz, which is pretty much the same thing, but in non-pressurized form.

and I just learned it now from reading this thread
Praise NHGH! For the tribulation of all sentient beings.

a plague on both your houses -Mercutio

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zrTGgpWmdZQ
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rVWd7nPjJH8

It is an unfortunate fact that every man who seeks to disseminate knowledge must contend not only against ignorance itself, but against false instruction as well. No sooner do we deem ourselves free from a particularly gross superstition, than we are confronted by some enemy to learning who would plunge us back into the darkness -H.P.Lovecraft

He who fights with monsters must take care lest he thereby become a monster -Nietzsche

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SHhrZgojY1Q

You are a fluke of the universe, and whether you can hear it of not the universe is laughing behind your back -Deteriorata

Don't use the email address in my profile, I lost the password years ago

hooplala

It's worth noting Cheese-Whiz tastes completely different in Canada. Or maybe it isn't.
"Soon all of us will have special names" — Professor Brian O'Blivion

"Now's not the time to get silly, so wear your big boots and jump on the garbage clowns." — Bob Dylan?

"Do I contradict myself?
Very well then I contradict myself,
(I am large, I contain multitudes.)"
— Walt Whitman

Bruno

Quote from: Hoopla! on November 01, 2018, 04:18:44 PM
It's worth noting Cheese-Whiz tastes completely different in Canada. Or maybe it isn't.

Is it better or worse?

Bruno

Quote from: Prelate Diogenes Shandor on November 01, 2018, 04:03:36 PM
Quote from: Emo Howard on July 22, 2018, 09:22:20 AMETA: Also, this is how I learned that spray-on-cheese is Easy Cheese, not Cheese Whiz, which is pretty much the same thing, but in non-pressurized form.

and I just learned it now from reading this thread

It's just natural to think that the one called "Whiz" would be the one that comes out in a stream.

hooplala

Quote from: Emo Howard on November 01, 2018, 05:10:43 PM

Is it better or worse?

That's subjective, I suppose. But I personally prefer American Cheese-Whiz.

"Now's not the time to get silly, so wear your big boots and jump on the garbage clowns." — Bob Dylan?

"Do I contradict myself?
— Walt Whitman

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Hoopla! on November 01, 2018, 05:32:37 PM

Is it better or worse?

You make me sad.
Molon Lube

hooplala

Quote from: Doktor Howl on November 01, 2018, 07:13:51 PM
Quote from: Hoopla! on November 01, 2018, 05:32:37 PM

Is it better or worse?

You make me sad.

I gotta be me.

But honestly, do you remember what Canadian Cheese-Whiz tastes like? It's horrible. It's the Miracle Whip of the fake cheese world.

"Do I contradict myself?
— Walt Whitman

Brother Mythos

It took less than a week for this thread to go from "U.S. resistance politics" to "international spray cheese."
Discordianism is fundamentally mischievous irreverence.

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Brother Mythos on November 01, 2018, 11:30:09 PM
It took less than a week for this thread to go from "U.S. resistance politics" to "international spray cheese."

:lulz:

Sorry, I have the attention span of a cat.
Molon Lube