News:

There's a sucker born every minute... and you are right on time.

Main Menu

The New Wave

Started by Cramulus, July 17, 2018, 01:38:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LMNO

altered

The best things that can come from this thread now:

Thrashed fash.

Newsfeed.

That's it. That's everything.
"I am that worst of all type of criminal...I cannot bring myself to do what you tell me, because you told me."

There's over 100 of us in this meat-suit. You'd think it runs like a ship, but it's more like a hundred and ten angry ghosts having an old-school QuakeWorld tournament, three people desperately trying to make sure the gamers don't go hungry or soil themselves, and the Facilities manager weeping in the corner as the garbage piles high.

Pergamos

Quote from: rong on February 26, 2019, 05:25:34 PM
lately, i've been floating the idea that this board is really just one person and a bunch of alts

I'm a sockpuppet of Rong, personally.

hooplala

"Soon all of us will have special names" — Professor Brian O'Blivion

"Now's not the time to get silly, so wear your big boots and jump on the garbage clowns." — Bob Dylan?

"Do I contradict myself?
Very well then I contradict myself,
(I am large, I contain multitudes.)"
— Walt Whitman

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Noble on February 27, 2019, 04:35:53 PM

I can tell you my life story if you're that fuckin interested, my main point of coming here is to tell you fuckers to stop being a buncha xenophobic shits.

I have considered your proposal, and filed it according to its merit.
Molon Lube

Doktor Howl

Quote from: LMNO on February 27, 2019, 04:48:36 PM
My personal vision for the world is that it reflects what is shown in the Sacred Chao. I think the Law of Eristic Escalation is going to attract more right-wingers and "Serious religious believers" no matter what you do about it.

Ok, I'll play.  I'd like to hear more about your vision... would you mind starting a conversation in "Think For Yourself, Schmuck" so we can discuss?   I'll approach it non-judgementally.  I can't promise anyone else will, though.

I will.  I totally will.
Molon Lube

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Cain on February 27, 2019, 07:41:30 PM
Quote from: Hoopla! on February 27, 2019, 01:43:53 PM
Quote from: Noble on February 27, 2019, 12:00:38 PM
Quote from: Doktor Howl on February 27, 2019, 03:12:29 AM
I am just waiting for him to jabber something about Richard Spencer, is all.
Why the fuck would I do that though? He's an idiot.

What about Jordan Peterson?
even moreso.

Quote from: chaotic neutral observer on February 27, 2019, 02:21:35 PM
Ten thousand quatloos that he continues to stand in the middle of the road without saying anything substantive.
I can tell you my life story if you're that fuckin interested, my main point of coming here is to tell you fuckers to stop being a buncha xenophobic shits.
You should be happy that Discordianism is getting more attention, instead you're being angsty about it like "oh no someone found out the only thing that makes me original and they're not following my specific variation of it". It's just fucking sad.
My personal vision for the world is that it reflects what is shown in the Sacred Chao. I think the Law of Eristic Escalation is going to attract more right-wingers and "Serious religious believers" no matter what you do about it.
After so many years of hippie-thought, it'd be a refreshing view of Discordianism no matter how you look at it.
That's to say, I'm not promoting the thought of authoritarianism, I think the perfect state of being for the Discordian Society is Balanced Chaos, where there's as much disorderly movements as there are Orderly movements, all autonomously decentralized in undergroups according to the POEE Disorganizational Matrix.
I'd be a fan of it if every ideology could get along through segregation, where the only form of unity is through the Discordian Society.
I'd pledge for an Eristocratic Movement anyday.

Yeah, there's way too many people here who like the hippie thought version of Discordianism.

Yup.

That's definitely a problem.

Definitely no-one here who openly embraced a vision of Discordianism which saw Eris as a war goddess or anything.

This just keeps getting funnier.
Molon Lube

LMNO

The Johnny

I just read the entirety of this thread and its really unfortunate that it got derailed by sealioning  :horrormirth:

But like, the act of naming things, people or groups can be done in two different manners:

1) Self-naming: which is completely subjective and can be completely foreign to reality... i could identify as the Princess of Norway and nobody could talk me out of my psychotic delirium.

2) Naming by others: can be completely subjective too and also foreign to reality (like some people calling me a terrorist dog in the 2000's because they thought i was arabian LOL) - but it usually entails describing based on some objective quality despite how flawed or innacurate it really is... to the person that called me "terrorist dog" in their ignorant perspective, i had certain arabesque features despite of the reality of not being at all.

So given this introduction, anyone can call themselves Discordian despite of the accuracy of the description, and nobody can stop them from doing it because theres no regulatory body to prevent it. But the "naming of others" if were trying to be accurate, should describe some of the real characteristics of what we perceive.

So like, me personally? Id call these people you refer to as "4chan discordians" or "MAGA discordians"... As simple as that, add the adjective before the tag discordian - the adjective would be realistically descriptive, while the "discordian" tag is purely subjective identification.

And finally one would have to ask themselves - Save discordia from what? and what does saving mean?

Does it mean running a PR campaing telling the world that Discordia should not be associated with racism and totalitarianism????  :lulz:

As an addendum, id like to say that in some cases, self proclaimed "discordians" i would more accurately describe them either as psychotic or degenerate trolls, but thats my personal right of interpretation/description and id never demand they stop calling themselves discordian.
<<My image in some places, is of a monster of some kind who wants to pull a string and manipulate people. Nothing could be further from the truth. People are manipulated; I just want them to be manipulated more effectively.>>

-B.F. Skinner

Con-troll

The accuracy of a description also depends on perspective and there is many many perscetives from which an average discordian would totally seem like a "psychotic or degenerate troll". Luckily from inside the cult we can see that isn't a case.
I get trauma from stuff most don't even notice.